Questions for older fans and newest fans

Million Billion

3 hours ago, Denise said:

we were not disappointed, we were very scared at that time :otears: but thanks God everything is ok now :donewithit: Welcome to the club sweetie :hugs:

When I said disappointment, I was mainly talking about her performances, not her personal life. But I get what you mean.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I have always wondered these questions, for those newer fans that became stans after her breakdown around Circus, FF, BJ or Glory era:

- what is it for you to be a fan a someone whose career peak was so long ago? 

- how do you feel that you missed most of her gold days?

- do you guys feel that you have a different perspective of her (or the things she does) than older fans?

- have you told other people you became a Britney Spears's fan and what do they tell you?

I MEAN, THOSE ARE SOME OF THE MANY QUESTIONS I HAVE IN MIND, but in general how do you feel being a new (recent) Britney Spears fan? I have been a fen since 1999 and I'd really appreciate to see/read other people's opinions, it is always so refreshing to hear others. Older fans, feel free to comment as well. :brityes:

it would be funny to know if someone became a fan during the Bingo Jackpot era tbh :lanacackle:

I'd like to answer even though I'm an older fan.

1. My tastes are scattered all across the board. Britney's STILL the most famous person I like currently. The other few musicians that are current artists seem to be under the radar. And that's fine, no big deal.  Britney might not be the most famous person anymore to the general population, tbh I don't really care about that. I love her music and imo she's a dependable artist when it concerns her albums. 

2. I'm lucky to say I was able to see a lot of the huge moments in her career. 

3. It's like it's two different Britneys to me. And I'm not being bitchy when I say that, it's an understanding remark more than anything else. Britney went through a LOT of personal **** and I understand how it changes a person. And I also understand that she's a mom and I don't really expect her career to come first over her kids. So I'm not really somebody that's unhappy with Britney not being here, there, and everywhere at once. 

I feel different from a lot of fans on here because a lot of you want the whole experience (that's fine) and I'm somebody that's pleased with albums and perfume and we keep getting new stuff, even if the POM shows are overshadowing them. I like Tears for Fears and saw something that made me want to link it to this topic. Roland and Curt are still doing concerts together but the last album of new material they released happened in 2004. It's gotta suck to be diehard TFF fans and you've got that big of a gap between the last album and waiting to see if the guys come out with a new album. I realize a lot of people might say it's a joke for me to compare Britney with Tears for Fears.  I'm mainly talking about picturing Britney in the spot TFF's in. Nothing new at all because of touring/shows. 

4. I never really cared what others thought about who/what I like. I've pretty much always been that way. 

Hello! Well, I became a fan in 2007, a stan(like watching her new interviews, circus tour clips and actually watching her career moves) in 2008, and obsessed (like, being in her forum all day, going through candids, learning every single thing about her life, reading as much as I can find, etc) in 2011. It took my a while to be a proper stan because I've never been that big of a fan of anyone else before. :makeitrain:

- what is it for you to be a fan a someone whose career peak was so long ago? / - how do you feel that you missed most of her gold days?

Well I don't see it like that. Are we talking about her giving her all while performing? If so, yes, it was a long time ago. Are we talking about relativity? Cause she was ******* insanely huge in 2007/2008/2009 even if it wasn't exactly for the right reasons. Knowing that Primeney belongs to the past is fine by me. I still watch pictures and videos and I'm like oh my God she was insanely beautiful. I still can watch and admire the woman she became. Being her fan now also has benefits. Like, we have her worldwide records, her legacy. We can defend her easier. Of course it's bad too that you'll never experience how huge she was, but I guess it kinda goes both ways.  :britstare11:

As for me missing her gold days, well. I don't really enjoy Primeney's interviews. Her personality wasn't boring at all, but some stuff were strongly cringe worthy. I did miss her best tours, I did miss BOMT/OOPS/TOXIC coming out and everyone losing their **** (my sister was a fan then but English isn't my first language and I was born in 1996 so I couldn't understand Britney and I hated it when my sis was playing her songs) but I think I'd stan for a person too and not just their career moves, I care about both. And I just don't like Primeney's personality and attitude in most interviews. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't mean or stupid or something. We just wouldn't be friends, you know?

I even asked myself the most stupid question recently. I was reading a dumb illuminati article about how Britney was killed in 2007 because she made way too many headlines with her breakdown and they replaced her. And ok we all know these stuff are stupid but I asked myself. If that were true, do I like Britney, or the clone/lookalike? And my honest answer is the lookalike. That's who I grew up watching and that's who I love most.

Oh God, I'm bad at this so far. :hehehe:

- do you guys feel that you have a different perspective of her (or the things she does) than older fans?

As I said, I like her personality much better now, so I don't have what you have, I'm not like 'omg she sounds like primeney, omg 2001neys personality is coming out'... Of course I love seeing her more excited sometimes but I still think she is way more matured and it makes sense being different. But I can understand you guys too, you've spent almost 20 years watching a person as often as you could, watching them growing up and that's why you can't always realise that they've changed and matured. For example if you live with a person everyday, after 20 years you can see that they've aged, but you couldn't see it while it was happening. :mhm:

For example FFney. FFney's talking voice is Britney's real voice and I'm convinced. You guys grew up listening to 17yo Britney's voice and when she finally stop mimicking her old self it was weird for you, but nice to me. :yesokay:

So having that in mind, I think I do have a different perspective of her than older fans. Especially since some of my opinions "Toxic is overrated, Blackout isn't her best album, Primeney's interviews are cringe worthy" are so unpopular. 

- have you told other people you became a Britney Spears's fan and what do they tell you?

How can you not tell the people around you if you're as obsessed as I am? I mean I'll turn 21 this month, I can control it, but my 11 yo self couldn't. :ehno:

All my friends know, so does my family. No one really blamed me. I even made most people around me respect Britney too. A friend of mine didn't really give a **** though, and my partner likes making fun of her just to make me mad, without realizing that I don't agree that this is adorable and I think it's horrible.

So how do I feel? I feel good and I know I'd never love another celebrity as much as I love Britney. :plzney:

Are there things that I'd change? Absolutely. POM choreos are horrible, Britney doesn't really care anymore, her team is ruining her legacy.

I can still see that stuff, I don't think currentney is better than Primeney in every single level.

But I still respect her, I can still see that girl I saw on TV 10 years ago learning that she shaved her head and I immediately looked her up and became a fan. I'd do that all over again. I think being her fan is still great actually. I just wish I had Britney stans around me, because I want to discuss stuff about her sometimes and I just can't do that irl. :boredney:

3 hours ago, kasavas said:

Hello! Well, I became a fan in 2007, a stan(like watching her new interviews, circus tour clips and actually watching her career moves) in 2008, and obsessed (like, being in her forum all day, going through candids, learning every single thing about her life, reading as much as I can find, etc) in 2011. It took my a while to be a proper stan because I've never been that big of a fan of anyone else before. :makeitrain:

- what is it for you to be a fan a someone whose career peak was so long ago? / - how do you feel that you missed most of her gold days?

Well I don't see it like that. Are we talking about her giving her all while performing? If so, yes, it was a long time ago. Are we talking about relativity? Cause she was ******* insanely huge in 2007/2008/2009 even if it wasn't exactly for the right reasons. Knowing that Primeney belongs to the past is fine by me. I still watch pictures and videos and I'm like oh my God she was insanely beautiful. I still can watch and admire the woman she became. Being her fan now also has benefits. Like, we have her worldwide records, her legacy. We can defend her easier. Of course it's bad too that you'll never experience how huge she was, but I guess it kinda goes both ways.  :britstare11:

As for me missing her gold days, well. I don't really enjoy Primeney's interviews. Her personality wasn't boring at all, but some stuff were strongly cringe worthy. I did miss her best tours, I did miss BOMT/OOPS/TOXIC coming out and everyone losing their **** (my sister was a fan then but English isn't my first language and I was born in 1996 so I couldn't understand Britney and I hated it when my sis was playing her songs) but I think I'd stan for a person too and not just their career moves, I care about both. And I just don't like Primeney's personality and attitude in most interviews. Don't get me wrong, she wasn't mean or stupid or something. We just wouldn't be friends, you know?

I even asked myself the most stupid question recently. I was reading a dumb illuminati article about how Britney was killed in 2007 because she made way too many headlines with her breakdown and they replaced her. And ok we all know these stuff are stupid but I asked myself. If that were true, do I like Britney, or the clone/lookalike? And my honest answer is the lookalike. That's who I grew up watching and that's who I love most.

Oh God, I'm bad at this so far. :hehehe:

As I said, I like her personality much better now, so I don't have what you have, I'm not like 'omg she sounds like primeney, omg 2001neys personality is coming out'... Of course I love seeing her more excited sometimes but I still think she is way more matured and it makes sense being different. But I can understand you guys too, you've spent almost 20 years watching a person as often as you could, watching them growing up and that's why you can't always realise that they've changed and matured. For example if you live with a person everyday, after 20 years you can see that they've aged, but you couldn't see it while it was happening. :mhm:

For example FFney. FFney's talking voice is Britney's real voice and I'm convinced. You guys grew up listening to 17yo Britney's voice and when she finally stop mimicking her old self it was weird for you, but nice to me. :yesokay:

So having that in mind, I think I do have a different perspective of her than older fans. Especially since some of my opinions "Toxic is overrated, Blackout isn't her best album, Primeney's interviews are cringe worthy" are so unpopular. 

How can you not tell the people around you if you're as obsessed as I am? I mean I'll turn 21 this month, I can control it, but my 11 yo self couldn't. :ehno:

All my friends know, so does my family. No one really blamed me. I even made most people around me respect Britney too. A friend of mine didn't really give a **** though, and my partner likes making fun of her just to make me mad, without realizing that I don't agree that this is adorable and I think it's horrible.

So how do I feel? I feel good and I know I'd never love another celebrity as much as I love Britney. :plzney:

Are there things that I'd change? Absolutely. POM choreos are horrible, Britney doesn't really care anymore, her team is ruining her legacy.

I can still see that stuff, I don't think currentney is better than Primeney in every single level.

But I still respect her, I can still see that girl I saw on TV 10 years ago learning that she shaved her head and I immediately looked her up and became a fan. I'd do that all over again. I think being her fan is still great actually. I just wish I had Britney stans around me, because I want to discuss stuff about her sometimes and I just can't do that irl. :boredney:

OMG! so worth reading :queenriri:

It's amazing to read such different and interesting points of view. 

12 hours ago, Million Billion said:

OMG! so worth reading :queenriri:

It's amazing to read such different and interesting points of view. 

Yeah I agree. We all love Britney here but we often don't realize that we don't love her the same way or for the same things. :mhm:

It was amazing to be a child, and you know most of them look at everything with wonder and all that. Her being my fav and seeing her performing at an award show for the first time EMAs 99, I was like:unbelievableney:. Even before that, Sabrina the teenage which in the video, that show was so huge. Then the Grammy performance.:unbelievableney: Even Eminem parodying her in the real Slim Shady:unbelievableney:. But what really did it was VMA 00, it was literally on the front of every single newspaper the next day, it was huge.:unbelievableney: VMA 01, they put her right before the end so you had to sit though all the ****, and boom, ***** had animals on stage, imagine how that looked to a little kid:unbelievableney:. Again, everything single newspaper. I could list everything but I'm so glad I saw her prime the time I did. The sad thing is the Breakdown was no surprise, you saw it coming, by the time she was with Kevin, it was almost like she's rebelling, she wants to be normal, no one expected 07 but I wasn't surprised. 

She seemed over it in 05 TBH, so I'm cool with her no being in her prime. I do have a problem with her team and marketing since the comeback tho

On 4/5/2017 at 1:58 AM, PokemonSpears said:

I've always wondered the same. To this day I still can't understand the people that became fans during Blackout or so, I'm like, why? :plzexplain: And in recent years would be even crazier.

I sometimes get the impression that these "newer" fans are the ones that look back to the earliest songs, the classics, and think they're outdated, cheesy, generic and so many other adjectives they use in a negative way. But I guess not all of them think the same, and each one has their own story. Everybody likes a different part of Britney's career, whether they were fans since the beginning or later.

I mean she still makes great music (minus BJ) so I'm not really shocked that she's still gaining some new fans even in recent years and tbh the way she performs now isn't half as bad as people make it out to be especially to those who haven't really followed her career. Not to mention that there's just something about her that's so mesmerizing, I mean even during a not so great performance you can't help but be focused on her.

As a fan since 1998, it's not really a big deal to me that her career "peaked so long ago" because I know that you can't stay on top forever and even almost 20 years in she's still very successful and has become an icon/legend. Plus her peak wasn't brief like the artists of today her peak lasted for about 5 years 99-03 which was amazing! Also I have to say that now that I'm older I don't mind that her career has slowed down a bit because I just don't have the time that I did as a child to devote to her...I work 2 jobs, I'm married, have a dog, and an apartment to take care of. 

On 5/4/2017 at 1:31 AM, Million Billion said:

- I don't really care about success.

- I like her as a child, so i don't missed a lot.

- Probably, people who are fans since the start are way more attached to her and they seem to be more like 'blind' and 'delusional' sometimes, like, they just can't accept what she's offering now and that she's not primeney anymore.

- Not a lot. 

I am knowing Britney since 2001 until now. I always admired Britney. I think she's always popular, but power of her popular is different. Her new career peak will be soon :donewithit:

I opened her gold days in 2007. It was AMAZING!  :gloss:

My friends and family respect my choose :shameless:

I became a fan when I saw Brintey Jean on the main iTunes page and I downloaded ( illegaly , wich I don't do with Britney's songs anymore ) . I went to a website and download her entire discographie by accident and just before deleting it , I listened to some songs and I became in love with her music.

I became a fan when BOMT was released. I became obsessed during OIDIA and ITZ. ITZ made me feel **** for the first time.

I kind of fell off after that because I got more into the punk scene. I started obsessing again when Circus came out. I used to blast that song every time I got in the car.

I became a real stan during the FF era.

I became a fan in 2015 (Not bcuz pretty girls lol) My sister was playing Bomt and toxic and I thought she sounded pretty(if that makes sense lol) and I looked the videos up and liked them,so watched more. Then I looked at Wikipedia and was fascinated lol.

I do wish I got to see her at her peak but it doesn't make me mad lol

I don't really tell ppl I like her an I think i have a different perspective because I haven't stanned for a very long time but obviously I still know what her best an worst is(nice thread btw)

Archived