Heather Morris Tangos To Britney Spears' "Toxic" On Dancing With The Stars: Watch

Jordan Miller

• Leader

Best Dance Recording, indeed.

Slip under.

Remember that one time Heather Morris' character Brittany S. Pierce played "Britney Spears" on Glee, and it delighted the pop star so much she wanted in on the episode? Same. Remember when Glee filmed a followup special that detailed Britney's darker days, and it turned the pop star off so hard she wanted nothing to do with it? Same.

It all lead to this: Morris dancing to "Toxic" in a nude, sequined ensemble on Monday's Dancing With The Stars.

“I’m here to show my fans — and the rest of the world — more about who Heather really is and, to me, this seems like a step back in time,” Morris said via People.

Fun fact: "Toxic" won a Grammy for Best Dance Recording.

Watch Heather's performance above. Or not.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, breatheheavy said:

Best Dance Recording, indeed.

Slip under.

Remember that one time Heather Morris' character Brittany S. Pierce played "Britney Spears" on Glee, and it delighted the pop star so much she wanted in on the episode? Same. Remember when Glee filmed a followup special that detailed Britney's darker days, and it turned the pop star off so hard she wanted nothing to do with it? Same.

It all lead to this: Morris dancing to "Toxic" in a nude, sequined ensemble on Monday's Dancing With The Stars.

“I’m here to show my fans — and the rest of the world — more about who Heather really is and, to me, this seems like a step back in time,” Morris said via People.

Fun fact: "Toxic" won a Grammy for Best Dance Recording.

Watch Heather's performance above. Or not.

Thoughts? Let us know in Exhale.

And while you're at it... leave a comment and follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel.

I dislike her :/ Especially after watching the second Britney episode in glee

2 hours ago, sue the expectional earner said:

omg i wish britney can dance like that, heather is really good

i mean
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV27Z7-0R2A  

I actually love the performance of MATM that Heather did, but tbh she didn't pull Britney off at all imo.
I prefer the way Britney delivered it.

The way Heather moved was kinda forced, very masculine and way too sharp as well.
While I love the choreo, it felt like they only focused on the fast-paced, sharp and aggressive, fierce moments
of Britney's best routines and performances. 
Britney did dance fast, but there was a build to it. Britney was fierce, sharp and had hard, aggressive movement, but it wasn't every second. Britney had a build to her routines and she wasn't sharp every second of the entire performance.
She'd start off calm and cool, then build up to it. She'd surprise you when she'd get sharp at the right moments to the music,
then get slick at the right moments and also was very feminine and sultry in the way she moved and delivered her moves.
She had variety in the way she went about her routines and performances.
Heather really didn't capture those details. She's a heck of a dancer though that's for sure.

14 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

I actually love the performance of MATM that she did, but tbh she didn't pull Britney off at all imo.
I prefer the way Britney delivered it.

The way Heather moved was kinda forced, very masculine and way too sharp as well.
While I love the choreo, it felt like they only focused on the fast-paced, sharp and aggressive, fierce moments
of Britney's best routines and performances. 
Britney had a build to her routines and she wasn't sharp every second of the entire performance.
She'd start off calm and cool, then build up to it. She'd surprise you when she'd get sharp at the right moments to the music,
then get slick at the right moments and also was very feminine and sultry in the way she moved and delivered her moves.
She had variety in the way she went about her routines and performances.
Heather really didn't capture those details. She's a heck of a dancer though that's for sure.

yes, britney's moves are softer so it looks better but we can't deny that glee choreography is really hard to do and amazing as the orginal imo 

Just now, sue the expectional earner said:

yes, britney's moves are softer so it looks better but we can't deny that glee choreography is really hard to do and amazing as the orginal imo 

Oh yeah for sure!

Its ******* insane choreo, Its actually really entertaining.
Heather can dance like there is no tomorrow as well. Most of them can in that show too.
I just mean Britney would  surprise you when she'd get sharp in her performances and it was mixed with slick,
sultry, seductive, feminine movement that almost put you in a trance at one moment...
and then at other moments made you gasp and shake when she suddenly went harder and even sharper
pulling those mean, aggressive facial expressions looking all fierce. She was very much like that for the Slave video and performance too.
She gave a variety of movement and emotions in her chroreo, which made fans feel so many things when she performed.
She'd start off calm and cool too usually at the beginning... not really giving any indication to the viewer how she was gonna go about it all... and then lay it the **** down.
Heather was full on from the get go with movement and facials, so you know what to expect.
She's about the moves, rather than the build and story to the performance. 

Basically I can see the differences between them both and really appreciate their dancing styles. Heather entertained me throughout that episode.
I also love Lea Michelle's Oops tbh from Britney 2.0. I feel like Lea got the mix of sultry and sharp better than Heather imo. I like them both equally though.

41 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Oh yeah for sure!

Its ******* insane choreo, Its actually really entertaining.
Heather can dance like there is no tomorrow as well. Most of them can in that show too.
I just mean Britney would  surprise you when she'd get sharp in her performances and it was mixed with slick,
sultry, seductive, feminine movement that almost put you in a trance at one moment...
and then at other moments made you gasp and shake when she suddenly went harder and even sharper
pulling those mean, aggressive facial expressions looking all fierce. She was very much like that for the Slave video and performance too.
She gave a variety of movement and emotions in her chroreo, which made fans feel so many things when she performed.
She'd start off calm and cool too usually at the beginning... not really giving any indication to the viewer how she was gonna go about it all... and then lay it the **** down.
Heather was full on from the get go with movement and facials, so you know what to expect.
She's about the moves, rather than the build and story to the performance. 

Basically I can see the differences between them both and really appreciate their dancing styles. Heather entertained me throughout that episode.
I also love Lea Michelle's Oops tbh from Britney 2.0. I feel like Lea got the mix of sultry and sharp better than Heather imo. I like them both equally though.

Lea's performance was really good.The best in Britney episodes imo.Such a shame it was in a very disrespectful episode.

3 hours ago, Alex_1991 said:

I dislike her :/ Especially after watching the second Britney episode in glee

Glad I'm not the only one....I used to love Darren Criss (Blaine), and then that second episode came out and I lost all respect for them and stopped watching the show. :meltdown:

So glad she didn't appear in that one :staysalty:

11 minutes ago, MAG said:

Glad I'm not the only one....I used to love Darren Criss (Blaine), and then that second episode came out and I lost all respect for them and stopped watching the show. :meltdown:

So glad she didn't appear in that one :staysalty:

??? They're just doing their job, it's not a reality show, it's a scripted series. 

You guys are nuts :cigney:

4 hours ago, BritneyJeanSpearsOfficial said:

"Step back"? DaFuck

Its Britney ******* Spears, she's legendary and your character is what made your career, she should be grateful and always look back and be happy of what you accomplished and make it new not be like "ugh this ******* **** again" 

This gives me "**** glee" teas :mhm: 
oh and I like the performance 

I get where she's coming from though. Glee had such a large impact on her life, but you can't blame her for wanting to move on. It'd be like Britney (finally) leaving Vegas, just to start another residency show 5 years later. 

6 minutes ago, DMVofficial said:

??? They're just doing their job, it's not a reality show, it's a scripted series. 

You guys are nuts :cigney:

:selenerz: I know, I should be mad at the writers, not the actors.

But I can't help how I feel sis :bthink:

Archived