Jump to content

I'm glad that Britney allowed herself to evolve musically


Cappycorn87

Recommended Posts

She continues to grow with her audience on albums when it's her vision

 

She's not like Taylor Swift or Katy Perry who stick to making music specifically for tweens and teens

There's a danger after a while of constantly going after tweens and teens after a while because they are fickle and move on  to the next thing.  Taylor and Katy are most likely going to have it hard soon.

 

Britney make age appropriate music that can still appeal to the tweens and teens if they are interested, not that it's made for them specifically, but her music appeals to those in their 20's and 30's and up if Britney music appeals to them.

Link to comment
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like Katy may already be having it hard given the under-performance of Chained To The Mediocrity and hopefully Basic Swift will have a floppy era coming up because she's deserving of it above ALL others (apart from maybe Beyonka) :rihit:

 

I agree with you about Glory and I'm also pleased that Britney doesn't rely on her original choreos because the new ones are so much better :tiffsniffle:

 

Link to comment
Just now, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

I actually love Taylor. :bigkiss: Besides her being relatable, she's one of the rare pop artists these days that isn't riding the EDM ****. Just pure pop - perfection. Now that EDM is slowly dying out, it might change some things around, but FOR NOW, TayTay is a queen! :gloss:

No artist is riding EDM's **** every since late 2012 :mhm: everyone abandoned it back then, you can barely hear it in pop albums nowadays so Taylor is anything but original

Link to comment
18 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

I feel like Katy may already be having it hard given the under-performance of Chained To The Mediocrity and hopefully Basic Swift will have a floppy era coming up because she's deserving of it above ALL others (apart from maybe Beyonka) :rihit:

 

I agree with you about Glory and I'm also pleased that Britney doesn't rely on her original choreos because the new ones are so much better :tiffsniffle:

 

I seen that Katy label sent out a tweet for folks to stream that song

 

 

Link to comment
On 4/1/2017 at 9:57 AM, Godney's Sweet *** said:

I feel like Katy may already be having it hard given the under-performance of Chained To The Mediocrity and hopefully Basic Swift will have a floppy era coming up because she's deserving of it above ALL others (apart from maybe Beyonka) :rihit:

 

I agree with you about Glory and I'm also pleased that Britney doesn't rely on her original choreos because the new ones are so much better :tiffsniffle:

 

Does Taylor still write her own songs?

Link to comment
On 4/1/2017 at 8:03 AM, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

I actually love Taylor. :bigkiss: Besides her being relatable, she's one of the rare pop artists these days that isn't riding the EDM ****. Just pure pop - perfection. Now that EDM is slowly dying out, it might change some things around, but FOR NOW, TayTay is a queen! :gloss:

EDM dying out?

The Chainsmokers? Martin Garrix? Kygo? Zedd?? Calvin?? Diplo??

EDM is not dying. It's getting way bigger.

Link to comment

How is Taylor going to have a hard time though? I mean, all things considered she's still young and in her 20s... tweens and teens would definitely still be her market demographic. I think Taylor will evolve more as she ages. I don't like her as a person but her music is not bad honestly.  She's not really at a point yet where she needs to evolve into making 30 something year old's music (like Katy lol)... Britney was a young mom so things changed for her in her later 20's  but even as a young mom she was singing about 3 somes and things that are tacky and distateful for a mother who just lost custody of her kids. I really actually don't think Britney's evolved at all in the last 10 years.  Even on Glory... it's just a different style of music, but it's the same **** that's been regurgitated from album to album.

This is why I really liked Britney and ITZ the most. She was exploring herself in the music through each era, as a teenager, as a young blossoming adult with hook ups, being hot and young and ******...and then BO and the rest of the albums since have had the same songs about hook ups, clubby bops, *** *** ***, and some random break up songs. Yes, she's hot and she likes *** (and it's perfectly acceptable for a woman her age of course).. we all get that now, but she's not evolving at all. And I love Britney, I really do, but the music is the same kitchy campy **** that isn't working for her anymore because it's not relatable. i can't relate to Britney's music because I can't actually see Britney (or myself) in any of her songs anymore. She sings them, and yeah, maybe she does love ***, but is she out there showing off Bugattis and having orgys? Is she having 3somes wildly or going to clubs? No...she's clearly a monogamous person,  she has it hard finding and keeping love, she's a private person, extremely low maintenance, etc... so her image is far from what she is even singing about. When she was a young adult she definitely was the embodiment of what she sang about.. not so anymore. So I feel like it's not genuine if that makes sense and so I don't think her music is evolving as she has and it is a shame that it hasn't matured a little over time.. That's just my opinion though.

Link to comment
9 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

EDM dying out?

The Chainsmokers? Martin Garrix? Kygo? Zedd?? Calvin?? Diplo??

EDM is not dying. It's getting way bigger.

Idk, I feel like it used to be way bigger. Somehow I see more actual pop / R&B and some fusion genres dominate the scene these days. Maybe I'm biased because I WANT EDM to die out finally. :rihstare:

Link to comment

Yeah while she did prove that with albums like ITZ, Blackout & Glory.

I do however want to see a different side of her at this point, something more chill, less pop ... I would love to hear her venture through other music genres really just for the sake of giving me new vibes I never heard before.

I was going through her demos the other day and I realized that she can actually deliver something new to us and I am crossing my fingers that we will witness a whole career shift soon. However if she will continue to play it safe with pop music I am here for it as well, as long as we're getting a fresh different sound like Glory.

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Justney said:

How is Taylor going to have a hard time though? I mean, all things considered she's still young and in her 20s... tweens and teens would definitely still be her market demographic. I think Taylor will evolve more as she ages. I don't like her as a person but her music is not bad honestly.  She's not really at a point yet where she needs to evolve into making 30 something year old's music (like Katy lol)... Britney was a young mom so things changed for her in her later 20's  but even as a young mom she was singing about 3 somes and things that are tacky and distateful for a mother who just lost custody of her kids. I really actually don't think Britney's evolved at all in the last 10 years.  Even on Glory... it's just a different style of music, but it's the same **** that's been regurgitated from album to album.

This is why I really liked Britney and ITZ the most. She was exploring herself in the music through each era, as a teenager, as a young blossoming adult with hook ups, being hot and young and ******...and then BO and the rest of the albums since have had the same songs about hook ups, clubby bops, *** *** ***, and some random break up songs. Yes, she's hot and she likes *** (and it's perfectly acceptable for a woman her age of course).. we all get that now, but she's not evolving at all. And I love Britney, I really do, but the music is the same kitchy campy **** that isn't working for her anymore because it's not relatable. i can't relate to Britney's music because I can't actually see Britney (or myself) in any of her songs anymore. She sings them, and yeah, maybe she does love ***, but is she out there showing off Bugattis and having orgys? Is she having 3somes wildly or going to clubs? No...she's clearly a monogamous person,  she has it hard finding and keeping love, she's a private person, extremely low maintenance, etc... so her image is far from what she is even singing about. When she was a young adult she definitely was the embodiment of what she sang about.. not so anymore. So I feel like it's not genuine if that makes sense and so I don't think her music is evolving as she has and it is a shame that it hasn't matured a little over time.. That's just my opinion though.

I mean true for the singles but her album tracks range from invasion of privacy/paparazzi (Pom, kill the lights), out from under emerging from the breakdown, circus about loving performing, alien and man on the moon about loneliness, Just Like me most likely based on something that happened w her ex. Her team picks the bops and not the personal tracks cause they don't think it'll sell. Musically I think she evolves cause she will at least try everything even if it doesn't work. FF And BJ she played it safe, I think Glory is a step on the right direction

Link to comment
1 hour ago, BraveGraphics said:

Yeah while she did prove that with albums like ITZ, Blackout & Glory.

I do however want to see a different side of her at this point, something more chill, less pop ... I would love to hear her venture through other music genres really just for the sake of giving me new vibes I never heard before.

I was going through her demos the other day and I realized that she can actually deliver something new to us and I am crossing my fingers that we will witness a whole career shift soon. However if she will continue to play it safe with pop music I am here for it as well, as long as we're getting a fresh different sound like Glory.

Yeah she can always have bops but I want her to get weird lol. Like 3 or 4 chart bangers then the rest of the album is britney doing whatever the hell she wants

Link to comment
9 hours ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

I mean true for the singles but her album tracks range from invasion of privacy/paparazzi (Pom, kill the lights), out from under emerging from the breakdown, circus about loving performing, alien and man on the moon about loneliness, Just Like me most likely based on something that happened w her ex. Her team picks the bops and not the personal tracks cause they don't think it'll sell. Musically I think she evolves cause she will at least try everything even if it doesn't work. FF And BJ she played it safe, I think Glory is a step on the right direction

The only thing I didnt like so much about Glory is that her voice is sooooooo overly high pitched now.. I really want more raw ITZ-BOMT type vocals that dont need to be touched up so much. Also the singles they chose compared to some of the better songs AND the deluxe/ japanese deluxe songs are way better than the album itself alone.

Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Justney said:

The only thing I didnt like so much about Glory is that her voice is sooooooo overly high pitched now.. I really want more raw ITZ-BOMT type vocals that dont need to be touched up so much. Also the singles they chose compared to some of the better songs AND the deluxe/ japanese deluxe songs are way better than the album itself alone.

high pitched? That's FF honey

I mean Private Show but she sang in her lower voice all over the album too

Link to comment
18 hours ago, Justney said:

How is Taylor going to have a hard time though? I mean, all things considered she's still young and in her 20s... tweens and teens would definitely still be her market demographic. I think Taylor will evolve more as she ages. I don't like her as a person but her music is not bad honestly.  She's not really at a point yet where she needs to evolve into making 30 something year old's music (like Katy lol)... Britney was a young mom so things changed for her in her later 20's  but even as a young mom she was singing about 3 somes and things that are tacky and distateful for a mother who just lost custody of her kids. I really actually don't think Britney's evolved at all in the last 10 years.  Even on Glory... it's just a different style of music, but it's the same **** that's been regurgitated from album to album.

This is why I really liked Britney and ITZ the most. She was exploring herself in the music through each era, as a teenager, as a young blossoming adult with hook ups, being hot and young and ******...and then BO and the rest of the albums since have had the same songs about hook ups, clubby bops, *** *** ***, and some random break up songs. Yes, she's hot and she likes *** (and it's perfectly acceptable for a woman her age of course).. we all get that now, but she's not evolving at all. And I love Britney, I really do, but the music is the same kitchy campy **** that isn't working for her anymore because it's not relatable. i can't relate to Britney's music because I can't actually see Britney (or myself) in any of her songs anymore. She sings them, and yeah, maybe she does love ***, but is she out there showing off Bugattis and having orgys? Is she having 3somes wildly or going to clubs? No...she's clearly a monogamous person,  she has it hard finding and keeping love, she's a private person, extremely low maintenance, etc... so her image is far from what she is even singing about. When she was a young adult she definitely was the embodiment of what she sang about.. not so anymore. So I feel like it's not genuine if that makes sense and so I don't think her music is evolving as she has and it is a shame that it hasn't matured a little over time.. That's just my opinion though.

Dam so tru. Part of me does wish that she would make a really REAL album. It can still have slick top of the notch production, but songs that speak to her journey. About falling and getting back up again. About making a family, about giving up on love and then finding it again. Deep stuff that she has been through. And yeah fun clubby **** songs too. I feel like there is a perfect mix of both she is missing. 

Link to comment

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :badthoughts_gun_kris_genner_thinking_debating:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block