Britney Reportedly Looking To Extend 'Piece Of Me' For Several More Years Following Summer Tour

Jordan Miller

• Leader
britney-vmas-producer.jpg

“It’s 99.9 percent certain that she will stay in Las Vegas.”

Britney confirmed she'll hit take Piece Of Me on the road this summer. She confirmed two dates for her upcoming World Tour : a show at the SM Mall of Asia Arena in Manila, the capital of the Philippines, on June 15, as well as another at Hayarkon Park in Tel Aviv, Israel, on July 3. More dates are expected to be announced in the coming weeks, which could include shows in Japan, Argentina, Brazil, France, England and Australia.

An insider told the Daily Star, "Britney has wanted to tour for ages, her time in Vegas has given her so much more confidence and she can't wait."

But once the summer months wind down, Britney will jump back into her residency in Las Vegas. As it stands, Britney has shows scheduled for August and September. Word on the street is she's inking a deal to extend her stay in the desert for another couple years. A source tells the Las Vegas Sun “it’s 99.9 percent certain that she will stay in Las Vegas.”

It's not a matter of if, but when. The biggest holdup in negotiations is the multiple bids she and her team have received for her to perform elsewhere in town. That's most likely the Park Theater at Monte Carlo where Ricky Martin, Bruno Mars and Cher perform.

Nearly a year ago, Brit told the Las Vegas Sun she was open to taking Piece Of Me on the road, saying: "I love doing my show in one place, plus it’s been great because I can have my boys out with me a lot of the time. But, sometimes I do get that itch to travel and tour again. It’s in my blood." After refreshing her show, Britney tested those waters. She performed at the Apple Music Festival in London, as well as shortened sets for the iHeartRadio Music Festival and several radio fests scattered throughout the country.

In another interview last summer, Britney was open to the idea of touring, but admits she's got it good in Vegas. "You never know, honestly, my situation right now is very cool, I'm kind of spoiled," she said. "But you know, who knows what the future brings."

Looks like Brit will get to have her cake and eat it too. When she wants to take the show (and her boys) on the road during the summer months she can, and when she wants to settle back into the Las Vegas groove, that's cool, too.
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Silhouette said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she did, but you know, I'm fine with the residency as long as she keeps having projects outside of Vegas :donewithit:

The problem is "she won't have time" to promote her new material as long as she stays in Vegas, BJ and Glory are the perfect examples. :moorangu:

Just now, andreafly1 said:

The problem is "she won't have time" to promote her new material as long as she stays in Vegas, BJ and Glory are the perfect examples. :moorangu:

yeah she's been too busy rehearsing her brand new high-energy routines and recording new vocals to promote :scalped:

5 minutes ago, andreafly1 said:

Mmm I don't know, I think that even if the residency ended she wouldn't promote much more. I feel like the amount of promo she did for Glory is what we can expect from her from now on, and I'm fine with that, I mean, it wasn't perfectly planned but at least we got some performances and cool interviews, it's all I ask for at this point :quirkney:

Guest $elfish

I hope she doesn't continue Pom 

and on April/march next year announce a continuation of this years asian tour for North America South America Latin America Europe etc

let Pom die already ffs:weirdmeout:

this son of a ***** had to ruin our happiness 

I'm still hyped tho:pumped:

I saw this coming.

A mini residency along with world tour seems the most predictable move. But I'm happy with it! She will be bringing in the cash money.

And i'll be going to see  her in a (hopeful) UK date... then an excuse to get my friends back to Vegas for the summer to see her again (without Britney in Vegas I can't justify the money to go!)

:foh:

Archived