VMA 2000 appreciation thread

celebration2009

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

In my opinion, this is her best performance.

Absolutely agreed. Something about this performance is so striking to me that I rarely see among artists of every generation. I've rambled on about it on many threads here but you can't pin it down to one aspect. The song, the outfit, the choreography, the energy... all of it so simple yet so perfect!

15 minutes ago, Barbie Spears said:

Absolutely agreed. Something about this performance is so striking to me that I rarely see among artists of every generation. I've rambled on about it on many threads here but you can't pin it down to one aspect. The song, the outfit, the choreography, the energy... all of it so simple yet so perfect!

It's the energy and the rock remix of OIDIA that makes me love this performance.  She was ON FIRE.

tumblr_m8ckg2d7pC1rsisoqo2_250.gif

Now all she does is check her hair and walk around on stage. It's sad. :crying2:

This is one of her best performances!! I remember when she was about to come on and I was freaking out! I have this recorded on a VHS to this day!! I was so slayed by this performance!! :letitburn: I contacted the designers of her outfit; because of course I wanted one myself.  They said they appreciate the offer but only one was made for her! :sobbing: What I wouldn't give to have that outfit and her body!! :feelingmyself: Her presence and the slayage was intense!! 

probably my favorite live pop moment ever. idk of any other artists that so single handedly changed their image and career in just one moment. The shock value of the strip tease, the energy yet simplicity of the choreo. THAT LOOK at the end. I read somewhere that she "stared into the audiences souls as she uttered 'ooh i did it again'". Chills. Every time. 

I recreated this performance at my local theatre. Strip tease and everything. It was fun. Those back bend things she does on the floor towards the end were actually killer hard. 

• 1 year later...

Archived