What is the point in Britney releasing new music?

We can complain as much as we want but we can't change anything. She did the BBMA (wasn't Make Me... suppose to be ready by then?) and the VMA's, iTunes musical festival, iHeart festival + more. What did she do for BJ? We have been spioled this era compared to the last couple imo.

side note: the Vegas melodys don't even bother me, we get a mini concert everytime and people who aren't fans get to see what she's doing there. Most people are here for her past hits

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/25/2017 at 2:37 PM, CircusFatale said:

It's definitely about the money.

Aren't BJ and Glory from different contracts though? I'm sure Glory is the first of 4 albums on her 2014 contract. BJ was the end of the Jive/RCA contract I'm sure.

Femme Fatale was the last album under Jive Records, they went bankrupt in 2011. Even the Femme Fatale DVD was under RCA, that was the beginning of the contract. B in the Mix 2 was under RCA as well.

18 hours ago, Britneyisfire said:

This would be nice. I guess her calling BJ "personal" and Glory "her baby" and then treating them like afterthoughts to POM really annoys me. Just say you did it for fun or something. Stop making us think that she really cares. 

OK.. She still obviously cares about making music, atleast somewhat. She isnt obligated to promote everything.

I'm always sad that each album she releases there's a bunch of new amazing songs that become part of the group of amazing songs that will never have a videoclip or will never be performed live.

But at the same time, I love her old songs so much, that I don't mind she keeps performing them (Boys, Freakshow, Everytime, and some others should go by the way).

She keeps releasing new music, because that's what she does. And I rather have 2 amazing albums, and even stand-alone songs like Tom's Diner, that get paid dust,  than not having anything at all.

11 hours ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

We can complain as much as we want but we can't change anything. She did the BBMA (wasn't Make Me... suppose to be ready by then?) and the VMA's, iTunes musical festival, iHeart festival + more. What did she do for BJ? We have been spioled this era compared to the last couple imo.

side note: the Vegas melodys don't even bother me, we get a mini concert everytime and people who aren't fans get to see what she's doing there. Most people are here for her past hits

Do we really want them to see those watered down choreos instead of the originals? C'mon now... the music videos are better. In a way, I wish she would just show those on the big screen rather than butcher them live.

8 hours ago, JJones12992 said:

OK.. She still obviously cares about making music, atleast somewhat. She isnt obligated to promote everything.

How has she showed that she cared about her new music the last two eras? Show me her promoting her music because she cares and wants it heard and not her promoting POM because she only cares about selling tickets for Vegas. I'll wait. :sassybrit:

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

Depends on your label. Interscope pays for the stage, bookings, flights, hotels, etc. which is why Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Maroon 5 and Madonna don't pay a dime. It's easy money for them. You just have to sell enough seats and you get a humongous check after the tour ends. I'm not sure if RCA pays for their artists tours probably not cuz theyre cheap.

its not that easy, I talk to an artist and technically the artist does pay it back because on top of a cut of ticket sales, the label basically makes the artist pay back the money that was use for flights and such,  and labels can demand a portion of merchandise sales if they could. I'm not saying lady Gaga and such comes out poor in the end but the label is not that dumb to not jump at trying to reap as much as they can. They even can demand back money spent on music videos.  Music industry is a shitty biz.

• Super Mods
14 hours ago, Seanzy said:

Wait, what? She can't just release music because of the art? Because she enjoys making music? Because we enjoy listening to it? Glory was an excellent pop album so if you'd rather not have it in your life, you should seek help.

Right? And I think she wants it that way so I don't understand why fans think she has no passion or doesn't give a ****. She is a true artist and just like the struggling musician that have to wait on tables to survive but put out music because they love it, she is no different and I like that. It just shows shes not vain and shallow like other pop acts.  

• Super Mods
4 hours ago, The Holy Spearit said:

Idk I'm just getting my receipts from Lady Gaga and even Rihanna (who is part of Def Jam). Gaga said that her label always pay for the whole tour but of course the money she makes at the end, some goes to the label but she and other artists still get a big stinking check even without tour royalties. 

I think it all depends on each case, obviously they are big stars and have good agents and lawyers to get them the best deal. Also lady Gaga writes her music and I think she has her own publishing company so she get more royalties. I don't know and I'm not a business person but learning about all these is eye opening.

She'll keep releasing albums to fulfill her recording contract. If Larry had it his way, Britney would just release a single every few months to keep her "brand" and POM in the spotlight. All recording artists make money through endorsements and touring (or a residency) now as opposed to albums/singles.  

Archived