"Britney Spears" on Urban Dictionary

11 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Omg thank you!

must be the international fans. In the US, Britney was on the decline starting britney era and onward. Kevin and chaotic was just the nail in the coffin.

In Europe she was loved all the way until head shaving, thats when people started making fun of her. Note: they didnt hate on her and wish her death like most americans did. Europeans would usually say how all the fame seriously damaged her and laugh it off. She's been more liked internationally than in the USA i think

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

Britney was hated by the GP in 2004

still can't believe some people here say that she was in her prime there when she was on the decline at the time

i still remember the media and people saying that she faked her knee injury to get out of touring

I think they say that refering to her performance skills and not her popularity 

2 hours ago, patience-darling said:

This. Especially the hate for being "******" like... why didn't Christina get any flack for her dirty era....

Madonna and Janet were very ****** too. But Britney got all the hate. That makes me so mad.

All three of them have gotten hate for sexuality.  Are you kidding me?

Just look at Janet Jackson after the Super Bowl.  Janet Jackson has probably influenced more artists than Madonna has (while they've both influenced many female artists even if Madonna has the edge, Janet has easily influenced more male artists than her) but a lot of people wouldn't know that.)

And Christina got plenty, plenty of negative attention for Dirrty.

Because britney was ahead of her time, being surrounded by flops sure must be hard to deal with  :truthtea:

On serious note, the double standards is so obvious here. She did nothing compared to what the new generation is doing now which is full of flops like JB or the kardashians. I blame her management for putting up the ''innocent school girl'' image in the first place.

14 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

ITZ was more successful than Justified but ITZ wasn't that successful overall, Toxic was the only thing more successful

MATM the GP didn't care for nor the madonna collab since it was right after the kiss

the Everytime video was controversial cuz of the suicide scene so they scrapped it and changed it to something which left people confused

Toxic set up a great record, but she was considered a big white trash by then because of her break up, plus her image changing, k-fed, the 55 hr marriage, etc.

she was tired of the fame by then and it was showing

In the Zone was her 3rd biggest era, right after BOMT and Oops. End of. You need to cut the bullshit about the era not being "that successful" or whatever is the narrative you're trying to push.

2mfexrq.jpg

Not sure why you're trying to erase the fact that Everytime was a certified hit. Regardless of whether people were confused or not.

What is your point when you say people hated her and called her trash? It's not a necessity to have everyone worship you to be successful. The fact remains that her music was still consumed and In the Zone is in her top 3 biggest eras commercially. How is "Britney" part of her prime but not "In the Zone" when the stats show otherwise? *****, no one cared about the "Britney" singles either and they all charted horribly with NO exception. Make some sense.

"No one cared for Me against the Music and Everytime" orly? They didn't care to the point where they were the top streamed audio/video on AOL huh :beyfedup:

proxy.php?code=05985c1899c69ab31b937213d

proxy.php?code=39f103c4f19b491edf288fad0

16 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

What everyone else has already responded.

I would say Slave. Similar to Christina's backlash for Dirrty, people were NOT here for Britney maturing so quickly. The entire Britney era was a bust in the states, the snake at the VMAs was the only highlight. Crossroads was panned. Justin threw Britney under the bus for Cry Me A River. Things just were not good at all. Just look at the VMAs cutting to Justin after the Madonna kiss - everything was made to seem like Britney was going wild.

The Avril Lavignes and Pinks of the industry emerged and made Britney seem "manufactured" even though they were literally manufactured and marketed as the Anti-Britneys.

While In the Zone was a critical success and arguably Britney's peak as a live performer, her public image was already on the decline. The 55 hour marriage was a mess. THEN she got engaged and married to Kevin the SAME YEAR. It was an awful time.

I feel like some people think the breakdown came out of nowhere, but there was clearly years and years of build up. People turned on Britney so hard.

you're too logical, some people won't see that here

9 hours ago, patience-darling said:

This. Especially the hate for being "******" like... why didn't Christina get any flack for her dirty era....

uhh Christina got a LOT of flack, Britney got a lot too especially since she was (is) more famous

6 hours ago, button said:

In the Zone was her 3rd biggest era, right after BOMT and Oops. End of. You need to cut the bullshit about the era not being "that successful" or whatever is the narrative you're trying to push.

2mfexrq.jpg

Not sure why you're trying to erase the fact that Everytime was a certified hit. Regardless of whether people were confused or not.

What is your point when you say people hated her and called her trash? It's not a necessity to have everyone worship you to be successful. The fact remains that her music was still consumed and In the Zone is in her top 3 biggest eras commercially. How is "Britney" part of her prime but not "In the Zone" when the stats show otherwise? *****, no one cared about the "Britney" singles either and they all charted horribly with NO exception. Make some sense.

"No one cared for Me against the Music and Everytime" orly? They didn't care to the point where they were the top streamed audio/video on AOL huh :beyfedup:

proxy.php?code=05985c1899c69ab31b937213d

proxy.php?code=39f103c4f19b491edf288fad0

if you're not gonna speak like an adult, i won't reply to your childish behavior

nobody was talking about charts or numbers but reputation

9 hours ago, WilderWein said:

Isnt it sad that people hate on her so much. What on earth has she ever done wrong? Spend your hate on murderers and animal abusers and rapists etc

They were envious. Or her sexyness was too much. But Britney was starting to act trashy back in 2004 cuz that's when she and K-fed got together, so it kind of makes sense. 

Now the GP feels sorry for her and treat her kindly. So which one is it? :squintney:

It should really open the eyes of some delusional fans who were not around for her prime...

She was like Bieber -- she had a passionate, loyal fan base that made her the biggest star in the world, but was seen as a talentless joke by a great deal of the general public. It wasn't really 'cool' to like her -- I was in middle and high school from 2001 (when Britney came out) through 2008 (when Blackout came out) and at no time was it cool to like Britney, except when Toxic was huge. Toxic (and to a lesser extent Everytime) bought her credibility, but then she squandered it within a year with her Vegas marriage and K-Fed.

14 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

uhh Christina got a LOT of flack, Britney got a lot too especially since she was (is) more famous

if you're not gonna speak like an adult, i won't reply to your childish behavior

nobody was talking about charts or numbers but reputation

You talked about the era's success. Read your post again. You even said it wasn't "that successful". Dude it moved more album equivalents than Christina's most iconic era to date and it's Britney's 3rd biggest era. Who cares about her "reputation" when her music was consumed so heavily :madonna:

18 hours ago, SeductiveBritney said:

They were envious. Or her sexyness was too much. But Britney was starting to act trashy back in 2004 cuz that's when she and K-fed got together, so it kind of makes sense. 

Now the GP feels sorry for her and treat her kindly. So which one is it? :squintney:

Those are still not reasons to hate on someone and be cruel towards them. They were probably envious and living unhappy lives and expressing that with hate towards a stranger who did nothing wrong

Try looking up "Britney" on urban dictionary. All the entries are positive:mybodyisready: 
There must be haters to everything. Just ignore them. I think the GP doesn't hate her but actually give her credit for being strong enough to go through 2007 and go back on top of the world:forkit: I often see people amazed by how long her career is and how she manage to stand up after all the **** she went through

On 3/21/2017 at 9:06 AM, Dynasty said:

In Europe she was loved all the way until head shaving, thats when people started making fun of her. Note: they didnt hate on her and wish her death like most americans did. Europeans would usually say how all the fame seriously damaged her and laugh it off. She's been more liked internationally than in the USA i think

i would definitely say that. However i think the volatile nature of  britneys public image here in the states is what makes her so iconic.  

17 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

It should really open the eyes of some delusional fans who were not around for her prime...

She was like Bieber -- she had a passionate, loyal fan base that made her the biggest star in the world, but was seen as a talentless joke by a great deal of the general public. It wasn't really 'cool' to like her -- I was in middle and high school from 2001 (when Britney came out) through 2008 (when Blackout came out) and at no time was it cool to like Britney, except when Toxic was huge. Toxic (and to a lesser extent Everytime) bought her credibility, but then she squandered it within a year with her Vegas marriage and K-Fed.

People are so blinded by the media. Just look at the performance from her ABC special... Thats far from untalanted.. Lol. Anyway, Britney seemed much more professional and kind than Justin bieber, at least she treats her fans with respect. I can see why people think bieber is a bit of a joke, but Britney is different. But, I was like 5 when that all happened so I guess I'll never know :cigney:

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

As some people said, it was different in Europe 

Until 2006-2007, people did not care about her private life, & her breakup with Justin had no impact on her reputation

The kiss with Madonna was shocking, but it was not THAT big of a deal... maybe Europeans were a bit more open minded than Americans :ponderney:

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
On 21/03/2017 at 5:15 PM, Dragon's Daughter said:

I blame her management for putting up the ''innocent school girl'' image in the first place.

The uniform was her idea, blame Britney :explainlol:

20 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

As some people said, it was different in Europe 

Until 2006-2007, people did not care about her private life, & her breakup with Justin had no impact on her reputation

The kiss with Madonna was shocking, but it was not THAT big of a deal... maybe Europeans were a bit more open minded than Americans :ponderney:

We still are more open minded than Americans lol

Archived