"Britney Spears" on Urban Dictionary

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney was hated by the GP in 2004

still can't believe some people here say that she was in her prime there when she was on the decline at the time

i still remember the media and people saying that she faked her knee injury to get out of touring

6 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

still can't believe some people here say that she was in her prime there when she was on the decline at the time

i still remember the media and people saying that she faked her knee injury to get out of touring

Omg thank you!

must be the international fans. In the US, Britney was on the decline starting britney era and onward. Kevin and chaotic was just the nail in the coffin.

Just now, britneysslumberparty said:

Really? This is surprising. I live in the US but I was so young and naive. When do you think was the first step towards decline?

I remember, the breakup with Justin and 'Cry Me A River'

1 minute ago, britneysslumberparty said:

Really? This is surprising. I live in the US but I was so young and naive. When do you think was the first step towards decline?

She started to be hated after the breakup with Justin, and the whole Cry Me a River thing. Then the kiss with Madonna, etc. OHT being too sexualized, the 55 hr marriage, Kevin Federline and so on, as far as I remember.

1 minute ago, britneysslumberparty said:

Justin Timberlake being painted as the good guy while Britney was painted as the cheating ***** in the media.

12 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

5 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

Omg thank you!

must be the international fans. In the US, Britney was on the decline starting britney era and onward. Kevin and chaotic was just the nail in the coffin.

You can call it the kill toward her "America's Sweetheart" image but it was in no way a decline to her career.

In the Zone was commercially much more successful than Justified even with all that media shaming.

23 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

Tbh if her breakdown didn't happen, she would've faded into irrelevancy 

12 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

Tbh if her breakdown didn't happen, she would've faded into irrelevancy 

Nah. I do think the Original Doll demos aren't that impressive and it would've flopped, but she would eventually come back to Max Martin and release something great.

I really don't like to think about alternative realities. :ehidk:

22 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

You can call it the kill toward her "America's Sweetheart" image but it was in no way a decline to her career.

In the Zone was commercially much more successful than Justified even with all that media shaming.

ITZ was more successful than Justified but ITZ wasn't that successful overall, Toxic was the only thing more successful

MATM the GP didn't care for nor the madonna collab since it was right after the kiss

the Everytime video was controversial cuz of the suicide scene so they scrapped it and changed it to something which left people confused

Toxic set up a great record, but she was considered a big white trash by then because of her break up, plus her image changing, k-fed, the 55 hr marriage, etc.

she was tired of the fame by then and it was showing

10 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

ITZ was more successful than Justified but ITZ wasn't that successful overall, Toxic was the only thing more successful

MATM the GP didn't care for nor the madonna collab since it was right after the kiss

the Everytime video was controversial cuz of the suicide scene so they scrapped it and changed it to something which left people confused

Toxic set up a great record, but she was considered a big white trash by then because of her break up, plus her image changing, k-fed, the 55 hr marriage, etc.

she was tired of the fame by then and it was showing

Yes, it was though. :rihstare:

MATM

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_43182953c.jpg

Toxic

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_43192f75b.jpg

Everytime

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_4320de016.jpg

All 3 global hits with higher peaks than all of the singles from Justified overall.

The only thing that flopped was Outrageous, but that was only due to Britney busting her knee and not being able to finish the video, tour and promotion.

Like I said, all of those things were damaging to her public image but not her music career.

Britney's team has always been bad at polishing her image even from the start. There were several things that could have been done in 2004 to stop the Justney drama from blowing out of proportion, but her team literally just sat back and let Justin win.

3 hours ago, britneysslumberparty said:

What everyone else has already responded.

I would say Slave. Similar to Christina's backlash for Dirrty, people were NOT here for Britney maturing so quickly. The entire Britney era was a bust in the states, the snake at the VMAs was the only highlight. Crossroads was panned. Justin threw Britney under the bus for Cry Me A River. Things just were not good at all. Just look at the VMAs cutting to Justin after the Madonna kiss - everything was made to seem like Britney was going wild.

The Avril Lavignes and Pinks of the industry emerged and made Britney seem "manufactured" even though they were literally manufactured and marketed as the Anti-Britneys.

While In the Zone was a critical success and arguably Britney's peak as a live performer, her public image was already on the decline. The 55 hour marriage was a mess. THEN she got engaged and married to Kevin the SAME YEAR. It was an awful time.

I feel like some people think the breakdown came out of nowhere, but there was clearly years and years of build up. People turned on Britney so hard.

The 55hr marriage really was such a mess :britdrown:

It was the first wild thing that Britney really did and that started a major shift in the GP's eyes. They no longer cared about her music or her career, they only cared about her personal life after that point. They only thing they wanted was to see her fall. 

7 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Yes, it was though. :rihstare:

MATM

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_43182953c.jpg

Toxic

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_43192f75b.jpg

Everytime

https://gifyu.com/images/IMG_4320de016.jpg

All 3 global hits with higher peaks than all of the singles from Justified overall.

The only thing that flopped was Outrageous, but that was only due to Britney busting her knee and not being able to finish the video, tour and promotion.

Like I said, all of those things were damaging to her public image but not her music career.

you were clearly too young back then to remember; charting was never the problem

12 minutes ago, WilderWein said:

Isnt it sad that people hate on her so much. What on earth has she ever done wrong? Spend your hate on murderers and animal abusers and rapists etc

This. Especially the hate for being "******" like... why didn't Christina get any flack for her dirty era....

Madonna and Janet were very ****** too. But Britney got all the hate. That makes me so mad.

Archived