You're either an album artist or a singles artist...

CharlieBlue8

okay , so I know many of you hate beyonce but lemonade is a great album , it may not be on ROL level , but for 2016 it's an amazing piece of work , adele's 25 is boring in my ears . I think lemonade is Beyonce's blackout , just like blackout is Britney's ROL ........ both are true piece of art that changed the game forever ....... and btw it has sold over 6 m so ...... 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BraveGraphics said:

Why do people care for sales though ?

I never understood this obsession with the sales lol

We mostly care because when people say Britney can't really sing or that she's less good of an artist as someone else's fave or that she's not legendary, we can say she has sold more albums/singles than the other artist, or as much as other legendary performers.

That's the truth.

11 minutes ago, Livin4art said:

okay , so I know many of you hate beyonce but lemonade is a great album , it may not be on ROL level , but for 2016 it's an amazing piece of work , adele's 25 is boring in my ears . I think lemonade is Beyonce's blackout , just like blackout is Britney's ROL ........ both are true piece of art that changed the game forever ....... and btw it has sold over 6 m so ...... 

I agree on this. Plus, I kinda don't like Beyoncé because of the incredibly fake, managed, marketed pr feel she has to her and everything she does, but denying she's an influence on today's music and that she has legendary status by now is like denying the light of day.

On 3/19/2017 at 7:03 PM, ElectriqueBrit said:

Besides maybe Taylor nowadays.  Adele and Beyonce both sold crazy amounts of albums but the singles themselves were pretty much flops in comparison to Rihanna or Ariana who are singles artists.  I feel like even if you make an amazing album (like "Glory") it can still flop. :(  

I wonder what her next album will be?

Hello was bigger than any of Ariana or Rihstitute's singles from 2016 though. :bey:

14 hours ago, Livin4art said:

BEYONCÉ is far better than Lemonade, and I guarantee that it will age better as well.

12 hours ago, ElectriqueBrit said:

God bless your broken heart, honey.

Lol God bless your flop heart looks like everyone agrees this thread is a flop :forkit:

11 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Hello was bigger than any of Ariana or Rihstitute's singles from 2016 though. :bey:

Lol this person makes no sense

On 3/19/2017 at 10:49 PM, Chico101 said:

Delete this thread.

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna or U2 are neither of the two but are still making millions.

you have no point

right? LOL

On 3/19/2017 at 11:54 PM, PedroJu said:

Adele is also a single artist :weirdmeout: I mean Hello spent like 11 weeks at 1. Rolling in the Deep, Someone Like You and  Set Fire To The Rain were also 1. Skyfall and Send My Love were top 10. When You Were Young and Rummor Has It are Top 20. 

haha seriously tho. but i would argue that Adele is both a singles artist and an albums artist making the OP's thread a complete disaster of a flooooop 

On 3/19/2017 at 11:49 PM, Chico101 said:

Delete this thread.

Bruce Springsteen, Madonna or U2 are neither of the two but are still making millions.

you have no point

I hate the fact that instead of Britney's team building on these examples of artists who MAINTAIN their fanbases by growing with them, Britney's team still wants to act like it's 2002 and pull the same **** from there.

Let the woman grow up already. :rihstare:

6 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I hate the fact that instead of Britney's team building on these examples of artists who MAINTAIN their fanbases by growing with them, Britney's team still wants to act like it's 2002 and pull the same **** from there.

Let the woman grow up already. :rihstare:

Ppl are also just looking at the music. Madonna etc all work hard in creating interest for their brand. Which is why they slay tours 

What honestly can Britney sell outside of her hits these days? Her team isn't improving her brand they are killing it. Glory could have been sold so much better.

Literally all they have is past nostalgia and they don't care to change that 

19 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

Ppl are also just looking at the music. Madonna etc all work hard in creating interest for their brand. Which is why they slay tours 

What honestly can Britney sell outside of her hits these days? Her team isn't improving her brand they are killing it. Glory could have been sold so much better.

Literally all they have is past nostalgia and they don't care to change that 

Because Madonna was able to transcend from dance pop to disco to house to adult contemporary in a span of 2 decades.

Her hit quality went to garbage after Confessions but she's re-invented herself countless times, you can't blame her for running out of ideas!

But Britney has the Lolita, the *** Kitten and she teased a Rebel with Blackout and If U Seek Amy but that's about it. I'd like to see her team allow her to branch out and market herself to her aging fanbase. The ones that bought those 30 million copies of Baby and Oops? The ones that gave her global hits for Britney and ITZ? THEY'RE STILL ALIVE AND OUT THERE.

Britney needs a career re-invention. We can have dance music but damn, is Max Martin the only thing available? :rihstare:

59 minutes ago, WhatEverYouWant said:

She spent 1999-2004 being a album artist then 2008-2012 she was a singles artist. Brit has seen it all 

Lol no. Circus sold 500K and Blackout (2007), considering the time it had been released, pulling 300K first year sales was very impressive. 

4 hours ago, neel21 said:

Lol no. Circus sold 500K and Blackout (2007), considering the time it had been released, pulling 300K first year sales was very impressive. 

I think it was a transitioning phase, albeit Circus pulled big numbers for the time + the comeback factor. Gimme More was her introduction to becoming a singles artist, Womanizer being her only #1 almost a decade into her career. the rest just kept up in billboard 100 and becoming radio hits. her album sales weren't bad, but they were slowly declining. 

As for what she is now, i dont really know. Britney has always been associated with big numbers and success - so its hard to wrap your mind about how a living legend can succeed in today's market. Same scenario even applies for Mariah Carey. Both of them are in that grey area.

5 minutes ago, Arnold. said:

I think it was a transitioning phase, albeit Circus pulled big numbers for the time + the comeback factor. Gimme More was her introduction to becoming a singles artist, Womanizer being her only #1 almost a decade into her career. the rest just kept up in billboard 100 and becoming radio hits. her album sales weren't bad, but they were slowly declining. 

As for what she is now, i dont really know. Britney has always been associated with big numbers and success - so its hard to wrap your mind about how a living legend can succeed in today's market. Same scenario even applies for Mariah Carey. Both of them are in that grey area.

I guess she truly became a singles artist in 2009/ 2011: womanizer, 3 and HIAM all hit #1, but TSC and FF didn't sell very well...

• 2 years later...

Archived