Brit's dancing - then and now, what is different?

HairFlipQueen

33 minutes ago, CJMCH said:

Right now it's the way she "counts the steps" or "doesn't know what to do" in some blank spaces of the choreo. For me, that is anxiety problems cuz she has already shown that she can do it like she did before during some performances of the Glory era.

I think it's anxiety too, it looks like she gets way too nervous. And doesn't show just in the coreography, either... I was rewatching her Carpool Karaoke video yesterday and it's so easy to notice how anxious she was by looking at her hands. And the lack of confidence showed there too whenever she covered her mouth.

4 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Her old performances were technically superior, but not by THAT much. What made her a legend was her electrifying, manic confidence. 

I agree with this.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't read the whole thread so Idk if anyone has mentioned facial expressions :ponderney:

primeney was full of ****, fun, aggressive facial expressions that made it look like she was sooo into it and it also made her lipsyncing look more real 

they were seriously SUCH a huge part of her performances

nowadays all she does is shocked faces - shaking her head - blinking a lot and it makes it looks like she's not even trying

idk if anyone else has noticed it but facial expressions make a HUGE difference 

but yeah she's also pretty stiff and doesn't give it her all anymore :meltdown:

PS: she's improved a lot since 2010 so i'm not complaining

21 minutes ago, blurryface said:

I didn't read the whole thread so Idk if anyone has mentioned facial expressions :ponderney:

primeney was full of ****, fun, aggressive facial expressions that made it look like she was sooo into it and it also made her lipsyncing look more real 

they were seriously SUCH a huge part of her performances

nowadays all she does is shocked faces - shaking her head - blinking a lot and it makes it looks like she's not even trying

idk if anyone else has noticed it but facial expressions make a HUGE difference 

but yeah she's also pretty stiff and doesn't give it her all anymore :meltdown:

PS: she's improved a lot since 2010 so i'm not complaining

Oh yeah, her lipsync is so OFF nowadays, especially for a person that lipsyncs for years... :kidcries: 

On 19.3.2017 at 7:54 PM, QueenFlopga said:

show-time-1.gif?w=1000

On 19.3.2017 at 8:24 PM, jennyj said:

Simple:

1. The Injury - The knee injury and breakdown took a big toll on her... but she recovered (though the knee will probably never be 110% again), but at least now she can comfortably get down on the floor, bend, do backflips, etc. now... so she's on a good path.

2. The Confidence - after being shammed with the breakdown, then coming back with confidence, and then being shammed for her dancing (for #1 above), her confidence level dropped.  Before she would show the song through her face, but now she just shakes her head like she's singing karaoke. It's slowly coming back though.  

3.  The Choreography - it's stupid, unnatural, and even her backup dancers are counting steps often now.  Whereas before, her choreography was a lot more simple but her confidence and personality made it look more complicated.   Now it's like a mix of repetitive boring moves and walking/skipping around.  Whereas before because the moves were more simple, it looked more fluid and she could run/stomp/**** skip/etc. when she needs to get to the other side of the stage.  Now that her energy is back and she's in top shape, it's obvious her and her dancers are not excited about the choreography.

4.  The Location and Audience - Before she would travel and perform in front of diverse, lively audiences who fed her energy and enthusiasm....  now she mainly performs in front of drunk people and random people who are not even fans of hers who are just visiting Vegas.  She even mentioned this after her recent UK performances, especially the Apple Music performance where she was not used to the audience not being intoxicated and actually paying attention to her.  This is why when it was the BBMAs she was fierce when she got comfortable on stage and audience was feeding her that energy.  This is why a world tour is so important.  Las Vegas was great to get her back on track, but she needs a more worldly non-intoxicated audience.

:foh:

also - RHYTHM and fluidity

Archived