Brit's dancing - then and now, what is different?

HairFlipQueen

20 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I miss when she used to wear pants! Britney wore the coolest stuff back in the day!

Same. Most of her costumes are awful now and they look so cheap. I don't get why they cut corners with things that help her overall presentation as a performer. They couldn't be saving that much money given the amount of malfunctions they have etc. 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

Her back looks extremely stiff to me.  the only thing she dows fluidly is arm waving. Probably lack of practive doesnt help wither. Also she used to be a lot more detail focused. Her hands in Slave for example

My first thought when I watched (or tried to) the FF Tour DVD was "Did she hurt her back?" it looks VERY stiff to me as well. She used to just move more during her performances, she wouln't just do the dance steps... she'd bounce along, you could see it was easy for her. Also, her best performances for me were the ones in which she was wearing pants and tennis shoes - that's most of her DWAD Tour, with the exception of Slave... but she was wearing shorts in it, not glittery panties. This ofc could have nothing to do with it, it's just an observation.

1 hour ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

Her hair bothers me so much :meltdown:

This is her VEGAS SHOW and she looks like she rolled out of bed with these year old extensions. I simply DO NOT understand how her glam team lets her go out there like that UGH.

Used to hear stories in 2007 when she didn't have damage control about how she wanted to do everything herself so I'm convinced she's still like that because there's no stylist that would use those ratchet clip ins like that.. no way.. the hair is supposed to be blended in but it looks the same as it did when she barely had hair in 2009... so bizarre 

10 minutes ago, Gabby. said:

My first thought when I watched (or tried to) the FF Tour DVD was "Did she hurt her back?" it looks VERY stiff to me as well. She used to just move more during her performances, she wouln't just do the dance steps... she'd bounce along, you could see it was easy for her. Also, her best performances for me were the ones in which she was wearing pants and tennis shoes - that's most of her DWAD Tour, with the exception of Slave... but she was wearing shorts in it, not glittery panties. This ofc could have nothing to do with it, it's just an observation.

same. Even when she does yoga her back looks stiff. Especially compared to her lower body flexibiity.

She doesnt evene need to wear tennis shoes.. the baby heels from Onyx, the wedges from DWAD. Less injury risk and better dancing.  She could wear her super high heels for **** numbers but it would be nice if she had 5 songs where she went full out.

1392_19846.jpgn_055.jpgn_02.jpgn_29.jpg

none of those shoes were particularly good looking but she made them work and her attitude and costume covered up that the shoes were kind of ugly. Id rather see her run around on stage in flats with some great dance breaks than watch her strut around and move her arms.

4 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

same. Even when she does yoga her back looks stiff. Especially compared to her lower body flexibiity.

She doesnt evene need to wear tennis shoes.. the baby heels from Onyx, the wedges from DWAD. Less injury risk and better dancing.  She could wear her super high heels for **** numbers but it would be nice if she had 5 songs where she went full out.

1392_19846.jpgn_055.jpgn_02.jpgn_29.jpg

none of those shoes were particularly good looking but she made them work and her attitude and costume covered up that the shoes were kind of ugly. Id rather see her run around on stage in flats with some great dance breaks than watch her strut around and move her arms.

My friend watched the DWAD Tour DVD for the 1st time recently and at some point, I think it was during "Lonely", she did mention how ugly her shoes were hahahahaha. I've been longing for those for years so I immediately said "They were probably good for dancing" and she agreed. This is somebody who probably isn't aware of Britney's current dancing style so I'm sure she'd appreciate our good old black boots a lot more had she watched the FF Tour. :sickofu:

During Femme Fatale, it seemed like she had lost the ability to follow the beat of the music with her body. Like she lacked the rhythm. As if she couldn't coordinate her thoughts with her body, and I think it was a combination of both that so mentioned medication, and that her body changed a lot, so it wasn't the same.

Now I think she's gained her ability to follow the rhythm of the music (most of the times) but the choreo keeps being so silly, unflattering and it doesn't look like they're dancing anymore, they're just doing fast movements, and I'm talking about the backup dancers too. Any of us would probably have a hard time trying to learn one of the POM choreos, but that doesn't mean the choreography is good. They need a choreo, or she needs a choreo where she has to move her hips and legs, and not just one part of the body at the time. It has to look fluid, and something that Britney choreos always had is that she made it seem it was very easy to do. Hiring that squared division I think it was one of the worst things her team has ever done. And that choreographer from Pretty Girls isn't too far from them either, but at least she was a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit  better.

I personally believe she asks for simple choreography. Like something nicki Minsk would do or someone who doesn't gruel your dance. I think this is part of the reason why Andre Fuentes quit the circus tour, he had a vision and Britney didn't wanna do it his way.. also Jamie was a ******* *******. But yea. She doesn't wanna work as hard. She's older. She smokes, and she has said it herself that she doesn't feel like she needs to prove anything to anyone. Her dancing is a complete reflection on how much she really just doesn't care anymore. She only dances because she knows she can't just stand at a mic and "sing".

22 minutes ago, Gabby. said:

My friend watched the DWAD Tour DVD for the 1st time recently and at some point, I think it was during "Lonely", she did mention how ugly her shoes were hahahahaha. I've been longing for those for years so I immediately said "They were probably good for dancing" and she agreed. This is somebody who probably isn't aware of Britney's current dancing style so I'm sure she'd appreciate our good old black boots a lot more had she watched the FF Tour. :sickofu:

the only thing really ugly to me was the pants. never noticed the shoes before. Buit this was in 2001, im sure designers could come up with something exually comfortable but prettier

normal_01_285029.jpg

normal_01_285229.jpgnormal_01_285429.jpg

normal_01_285329.jpgnormal_01_285929.jpg

normal_01_285129.jpg

god she was so fiece.

3 minutes ago, The Greatest Show said:

the only thing really ugly to me was the pants. never noticed the shoes before. Buit this was in 2001, im sure designers could come up with something exually comfortable but prettier

normal_01_285029.jpg

normal_01_285229.jpgnormal_01_285429.jpg

normal_01_285329.jpgnormal_01_285929.jpg

normal_01_285129.jpg

god she was so fiece.

Idk what that says about me, but I dont mind those pants. :ehidk:

Pretty much what everyone's saying.

no rythm, calculated stiff moves.

also she has like three seconds of choreo, then stop, pose and repeat

even Slave that she has done for like 16 years is not done properly :(  The moves now are very little complecs and they're not really good choreos either. Britney's lack of disipline and practice makes it worse

no passion either

tbh Idk why.

She doesn't have rhythm and she doesn't move her core. The rhythm is the worst problem. She can't even flip her hair to the beat anymore. It's almost like she can't hear the music anymore. It's really odd. How does a singer and dancer lose rhythm??

38 minutes ago, Britneyisfire said:

She doesn't have rhythm and she doesn't move her core. The rhythm is the worst problem. She can't even flip her hair to the beat anymore. It's almost like she can't hear the music anymore. It's really odd. How does a singer and dancer lose rhythm??

Medicine? I know this is Exhale's most dreaded answer but there are quite a few meds used for mental illnesses that slow down your movements. I would assume that affects rhythm, too.

1. EYE CONTACT!!! She used to look directly into the cameras, and always head up. Now she is constantly looking at her feet to check her moves, it makes her look nervous and unrehearsed. She is probably anxious, scared of tripping, or not fully rehearsed. Eyes are the most telling thing about a person, we notice things subconsciously, that might be why you cannot put a label on it. She has a lot more energy now, but it makes her look unprepared.
  2. Her moves are sometimes stiff and not on time. Sorry not sorry.
  3. SHITTY CHOREOGRAPHY post Femme Fetale Era (while even though during the Femme Fatale era she looked utterly miserable and was given simplified choreography, the actual choreography the dancers used to songs like Hold it Against Me was sick). So NOT her, but the moves she is given. Look at the choreography for Make Me…it is so cheesy and embarrassing (let alone the fact they RUINED the toxic choreography and Slave 4 U is just a pole dance)! The only good choreography in POM is the Womanizer Breakdance, Work ***** is okay but a bit messy, the Break The Ice part they took out idk why, and the BOMT/OIDIA Breakdown. I mean those are all good, not great but good. Now compare those "good" choreographies to the original Slave 4 U, Toxic, even Circus Music Video choreography, it sucks (and don't bring up the knee thing, she did Toxic performances after the knee incident).

Britney the beginning: 

Spoiler

tumblr_o2oyewjwtv1qdcxoeo1_500.gif

Fierce primeney: 

Spoiler

tumblr_n35i9bgCtK1rhr1bno5_500.gif

Breakdownney: 

Spoiler

britney-7.gif

Getting-back-on-trackney

Spoiler

tumblr_lxtqahyPGQ1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Medicateney, lazyney: 

Spoiler

anigif_original-grid-image-18957-1403798

Wigney:

Spoiler

static1.squarespace.gif

Improveney:

Spoiler

pyx3xP.gif

Slayney:

Spoiler

rs_560x313-160522172918-May_22_2016_1721

Are you ready for what's next?

show-time-1.gif?w=1000

The best is yet to come ******* :queenflopga:

Simple:

1. The Injury - The knee injury and breakdown took a big toll on her... but she recovered (though the knee will probably never be 110% again), but at least now she can comfortably get down on the floor, bend, do backflips, etc. now... so she's on a good path.

2. The Confidence - after being shammed with the breakdown, then coming back with confidence, and then being shammed for her dancing (for #1 above), her confidence level dropped.  Before she would show the song through her face, but now she just shakes her head like she's singing karaoke. It's slowly coming back though.  

3.  The Choreography - it's stupid, unnatural, and even her backup dancers are counting steps often now.  Whereas before, her choreography was a lot more simple but her confidence and personality made it look more complicated.   Now it's like a mix of repetitive boring moves and walking/skipping around.  Whereas before because the moves were more simple, it looked more fluid and she could run/stomp/**** skip/etc. when she needs to get to the other side of the stage.  Now that her energy is back and she's in top shape, it's obvious her and her dancers are not excited about the choreography.

4.  The Location and Audience - Before she would travel and perform in front of diverse, lively audiences who fed her energy and enthusiasm....  now she mainly performs in front of drunk people and random people who are not even fans of hers who are just visiting Vegas.  She even mentioned this after her recent UK performances, especially the Apple Music performance where she was not used to the audience not being intoxicated and actually paying attention to her.  This is why when it was the BBMAs she was fierce when she got comfortable on stage and audience was feeding her that energy.  This is why a world tour is so important.  Las Vegas was great to get her back on track, but she needs a more worldly non-intoxicated audience.

:foh:

On 3/18/2017 at 0:01 PM, Urbanney said:

this. you have to get in the music and ignore all worries in the world, just letting the music take over you. she used to just let it do that and add her own personal swagger and movements into it. I think now when she isn't at her best, she either doesn't feel like doing it, anxiety takes over, or she's thinking about it too much. Her dancing is worlds better now than FF, I think it's mainly just the choreography. I think she looks really good and fluid doing the MM and SP choreo (I really, really love the SP choreo), vs the robotic spastic arm flapping that is WB. I really think she just mainly needs better choreography now like MM and SP. They need to give her less "meaningless choreography" (where they're just adding in movements to add in movements) and give her simpler stuff where she can add her own movement, rhythm, attitude, swagger, etc. in.

I feel like im one of the few fans that isnt a fan of WB choreo. I prefer MM or even SP cause its more fluid. To me she looks like a cheerleader robot marching around to WB. :4music: good video though. She needs more BTI type choreo, GM, etc Anything with more lower body movements and swag. Like c'mon girl we see them big muscular legs/calves, use them. :4music: She probably breaks Sam's D everynight squatting on it yet will mostly move her upper body with the occasional squat.

Archived