Brit's dancing - then and now, what is different?

HairFlipQueen

Guest $elfish

I still don't understand how did britney get worse from 2008 then she just got out of the whole break down situation but she was dancing fine look at her here 

she slayed that and she looked confident 

she also slayed the circus tour 

why is it that in 2011-2015 her dancing skills suddenly became so stiff , awkward and she became more shy 

I know she was taking heavy meds but does it really affect your movement and comfidence too ? 

If so I hope she's off them she seems a bit more confident now and happy 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jay83 said:

Dancing basically requires

• Not to think much as in when you dance, you just think about the dance, the feels like nothing else matters. You don't count steps.
  • Swag as in confidence. Britney had swag and it really shows during In The Zone era. And she had 'stank' face. 'Stank' face usually refers to face expression while performing - smug, smirk, look pissed, ***** face etc. It really spices up the dance. Britney's stank face was natural. Certain dancers overly done it that they look pretentious. She still has stank face but a bit different now.  I think her confidence is improving but she still count steps on most performances.
  • Constant rehearse and training if you want to maintain your agility, sharpness, accuracy, fluidity, flexibility, creativity and more.
  • Surround with good creative dancers and choreographer to lead, teach, challenge and nurture your love towards dancing.

Yes I think you have it with the 'stank' face explanation. It's really there in the Britney/ITZ eras, she gives amazing face and looks like she's actually making up the choreo on the spot in some performances and the backing dancers are her minions who are just copying their queen.

40 minutes ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

I still don't understand how did britney get worse from 2008 then she just got out of the whole break down situation but she was dancing fine look at her here 

why is it that in 2011-2015 her dancing skills suddenly became so stiff , awkward and she became more shy 

I know she was taking heavy meds but does it really affect your movement and comfidence too ? 

This is an example I think of Britney herself not being the problem, but the actual choreo and execution of the performance, ie moving around too much and tiny little movements for each phrase of the song. I have to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Circus era dancing, but that's mostly because the choreo is too theatrical and overdone. 

The difference, before rehearsing now her *** is lazy, wait and see that after 2 months of vacation she will rehearse the whole show the day before and in the show she will be lost looking uncertain sides. She lacks commitment to her own professional career, you can have a lot of talent, be incredible but you have to try, practice, be in constant learning. She obviously lost her passion:meltdown:

Also to add - yes meds can affect movement, I know from experience they have made me clumsy and less co-ordinated. Obviously I don't know what meds Britney is on, but anything really that affects the brain can have effects on the body.

Just now, Jayney said:

The difference, before rehearsing now her *** is lazy, wait and see that after 2 months of vacation she will rehearse the whole show the day before and in the show she will be lost looking uncertain sides. She lacks commitment to her own professional career, you can have a lot of talent, be incredible but you have to try, practice, be in constant learning. She obviously lost her passion:meltdown:

I think yes, sadly her drive has gone. She knows she can make money for doing very little and people will keep on praising her.

13 minutes ago, HairFlipQueen said:

This is an example I think of Britney herself not being the problem, but the actual choreo and execution of the performance, ie moving around too much and tiny little movements for each phrase of the song. I have to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Circus era dancing, but that's mostly because the choreo is too theatrical and overdone. 

She is an adult who has been in the business for many years, knows that it works and that she does not, if the choreography is mediocre or the costumes she should take action, she is just comfortable in her position, let's not look for more excuses.

1 minute ago, Jayney said:

She is an adult who has been in the business for many years, knows that it works and that she does not, if the choreography is mediocre or the costumes she should take action, she is just comfortable in her position, let's not look for more excuses.

Can't argue with that tbh. You're right, and I don't like making excuses for her, especially when they charge the obscene amounts they do for her show and the M&G's. 

2 hours ago, HairFlipQueen said:

Yes that all makes sense, thank you! Confidence is a big issue definitely. I love that 'pu$$y grab' video lol, she looks really in the moment and the timing is on point too. 

It does look very calculated yes! Like she's just memorised the steps an hour before going on stage and did a rush job of learning them.

Whereas before it literally flowed out of her like water.

WHAT IS THAT VIDEO SIS I NEED IT:omgreallyney:

2 hours ago, Jay83 said:

Dancing basically requires

• Not to think much as in when you dance, you just think about the dance, the feels like nothing else matters. You don't count steps.
  • Swag as in confidence. Britney had swag and it really shows during In The Zone era. And she had 'stank' face. 'Stank' face usually refers to face expression while performing - smug, smirk, look pissed, ***** face etc. It really spices up the dance. Britney's stank face was natural. Certain dancers overly done it that they look pretentious. She still has stank face but a bit different now.  I think her confidence is improving but she still count steps on most performances.
  • Constant rehearse and training if you want to maintain your agility, sharpness, accuracy, fluidity, flexibility, creativity and more.
  • Surround with good creative dancers and choreographer to lead, teach, challenge and nurture your love towards dancing.

this. you have to get in the music and ignore all worries in the world, just letting the music take over you. she used to just let it do that and add her own personal swagger and movements into it. I think now when she isn't at her best, she either doesn't feel like doing it, anxiety takes over, or she's thinking about it too much. Her dancing is worlds better now than FF, I think it's mainly just the choreography. I think she looks really good and fluid doing the MM and SP choreo (I really, really love the SP choreo), vs the robotic spastic arm flapping that is WB. I really think she just mainly needs better choreography now like MM and SP. They need to give her less "meaningless choreography" (where they're just adding in movements to add in movements) and give her simpler stuff where she can add her own movement, rhythm, attitude, swagger, etc. in.

She's been doing it so long, it's almost like she doesn't have to do it perfectly in order to do her job or make her coins.. This happens in the real world too with people who are doing the same job for years and years, they get sloppy, because they can. It's not because she can't, it just is what it is to be honest.. One of those things in my honest opinion.. Some can disagree or agree.. I don't care, but you can see some nights she's got more fire than others etc. Just like people in their day to day life. 

1 hour ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

It's because they gave her such little choreography that she didn't have to think about each movement. She had room to add in her own attitude, confidence, and movements. This gives her a much better stage presence, which makes it more exciting to watch.

1 hour ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

this and all the circus promo performances were bashed back then... she clearly was just walking. how comes it's so praised now? :jackk: 

PASSION.PASSION.PASSION

ChaZLeZUUAEzFso.jpg

The M+M Tour didn't have hardcore choreography, 7 to 8 costume changes  nor amazing production

still lip sync (at least she's consistent with something) 

Looks like she choreograph the whole routine in 4 hours 1 day 

still better than knee tapping, walk me through, let me put my hair in a bun since i don't have proper choreography for this verse 

but DAMN the way she moves and dance during that show is EPIC. She was on FIRE

You can see passion in her eyes and doesn't get carried/drag around by her dancers every single routine.

and she's already mom of 2, had multiple injuries and going through tough times 

YET SHE STILL DID DANCE LIKE SHE'S NOT WEARING A WIG THERE'S NO TOMORROW 

That's the end of Britney the GREAT dancer

I really don't understand the stiffness because she has a lot of strength in her core and she's clearly flexibly but she won't move her midsection at all. She needs to show her strengths more in her dancing and better choreography and more practice would accomplish that goal. She can dance a lot better than what she's doing. The Slumber Party choreography is one of her better ones. 

Archived