Brit's dancing - then and now, what is different?

HairFlipQueen

Can anyone put into words what I mean? To me it seems like it purely was after her breakdown her dancing became very different but I can't explain how.  Not really thinking about the 'why' so much as the actual differences. 

It's not because of having children as if you watch the House of Blues performances she still has that same dancing style.  Even in her very early performances where she's singing live quite a lot, when she does dance she has that same way of doing it. 

Personally, I see the difference in the Womanizer and Circus performances onwards. Maybe the choreography? I guess I am interested in the 'why' as well.

The ONLY way I've been able to sum it up is this and I don't even know if it makes any sense : Her chilled, easy going/flowing  moves are now too rigid and stiff,  and her highly sharp moves are now too half assed and TOO relaxed. Out of rythym as well and 'messy'. Whereas before she made 'messy' look like it fit into the performance. 

It's so hard to explain, help!! 

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that all makes sense, thank you! Confidence is a big issue definitely. I love that 'pu$$y grab' video lol, she looks really in the moment and the timing is on point too. 

It does look very calculated yes! Like she's just memorised the steps an hour before going on stage and did a rush job of learning them.

Whereas before it literally flowed out of her like water.

4 minutes ago, danvonerich said:

Her moves use to be sharp and well executed, it also never use to be mainly "armography"  like she does now, there's nothing wrong with how she dances now but when you compare it to the old style it's mediocre at best. 

Absolutely, it's like she can't compete with herself :ponderney:

16 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Arthritis :zoomzoom: 

I believe it's a real possibility. My sister has psoriasis after her first child, and rheumatoid arthritis can be a complication from it. I know Kim K. has it. And when brit was doin xfactor she had the tell tale dry skin spot above her ankles..

2 minutes ago, sea3chel said:

I believe it's a real possibility. My sister has psoriasis after her first child, and rheumatoid arthritis can be a complication from it. I know Kim K. has it. And when brit was doin xfactor she had the tell tale dry skin spot above her ankles..

If that is the case then vocals should be a focus. I mean...

10 minutes ago, sea3chel said:

This could be true, and if she has got that then I really feel for her - 2 family members I know have it and one is only 34 and he is in pain constantly. I just don't then understand how she looks so fluid in her rehearsal videos and in her jumps and hand walking videos she posts on her IG. 

Honestly, that Make Me footage of the original choreo is incredible and she's very close to her her prime dancing there.

Dancing basically requires

• Not to think much as in when you dance, you just think about the dance, the feels like nothing else matters. You don't count steps.
  • Swag as in confidence. Britney had swag and it really shows during In The Zone era. And she had 'stank' face. 'Stank' face usually refers to face expression while performing - smug, smirk, look pissed, ***** face etc. It really spices up the dance. Britney's stank face was natural. Certain dancers overly done it that they look pretentious. She still has stank face but a bit different now.  I think her confidence is improving but she still count steps on most performances.
  • Constant rehearse and training if you want to maintain your agility, sharpness, accuracy, fluidity, flexibility, creativity and more.
  • Surround with good creative dancers and choreographer to lead, teach, challenge and nurture your love towards dancing.

Archived