So Britney will start to release just 2 singles off an album now?

Maryy

On 3/10/2017 at 9:29 AM, Widowmaker said:

RCA just doesn't want to invest on her :meltdown:

It's kinda ironic. They'd  invest on her if she had hits but it's realy hard to get hits without them investing on her :sassybrit:

and RCA is right by doing what they're doing honestly. Its completely ridiculous to invest millions & millions of dollars into someone, who isnt going to put in at least half of the work promoting themselves. I mean lets be real. If you had 50 million dollars to invest in an artist era, would you do it for Britney or Beyonce? I'd do it in  Beyonce because I know she's going to work. You spend money on an investment to make a profit. No shade to Britney.  Hell she prolly doesnt even care.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys there are different types of recording contracts with varying levels of involvement from the label and the artist.

On Jive the label was more than 50% involved/invested and basically Britney did as she was told.

Jive: "You're releasing another album and it will have 4 singles"

Britney: "Ok."

With RCA I'm certain the label is less than 50% involved/invested and Britney is calling the shots.

RCA: "Do you want to release another single?"

Britney: "No."

:thetea:

RCA is more a conduit for Britney to release music. If Britney doesn't want to then RCA won't...

When I say Britney I'm referring to TEAM BRITNEY.

Not many artist reach this level - Britney is there, Beyonce is there, and Rihanna literally just got there. These artist have already paid back the labels for their initial investment. Anything now is just more icing on the cake.

17 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Sia is with RCA though...That's why I think it has way more to do with Britney's team and/or Britney herself, rather than the record label.

But she's a newer artist, so I feel like RCA is more invested in her! Britney has been around for 20 years so I feel like RCA is just like she's past her commercial peak so whatever when it comes to her releases.

What do you expect? :wtfdidusay: RCA aren't going to waste resources on more singles if everything is flopping, which is the case with Glory and was the case with BJ.   At her peak from 1998-2004 Britney got so many singles because she sold tons of albums, even when her singles were under-performing, so the label was still turning a huge profit.  And then during the Circus and FF eras she became this big digital seller and radio darling (after '...BOMT', 'Womanizer' and 'IUSA' are her singles with the most longevity on pop radio, with 'Circus', '3', and 'TTWE' right behind), which helped counterbalance her weaker album sales.  Even Blackout warranted its singles run, considering it sold well out of the gate and the singles did better than expected & had decent longevity ('PoM' hung around longer than some of her bigger hits, even though it only peaked at #28).  

'Work *****' and 'Make Me' were big enough that second singles were a given.   But then those songs bombed and did nothing for their respective albums, so RCA rightfully pulled the plug both times.   Why would they **** with a third single when the lead single was only a moderate success, the second single flopped outright, and the album has already been dead for months?   From a business standpoint they'd be stupid AF to even consider releasing a third single.  Britney could always keep things going by funding her own videos and single campaigns if RCA won't do it, but again- what's the point?  She'd just be wasting her own money, which would also be dumb since Glory is 100% unsalvageable.   Yeah, she could do it for the fans or whatever, but we all know that ain't happening.  Britney's priorities are her family, Sam, and Vegas; she's not spending her free time shooting a cheap music video that only a few hundred desperate stans are begging for. :sassybrit:

tl/dr; We're probably not getting more than two singles for any albums in the future unless the second single blows up à la 'Toxic', 'Circus', or 'TTWE'.

There's a few things that go into that:

1 - BJ and Glory the albums didn't do well. 

2 - The singles didn't do well. WB was #12 which was decent but not really for a first single. Perfume flopped. MM was #17 which is pretty bad and SP flopped.

So with #1 and 2, financially they decided it doesn't make sense to release a 3rd single. They figure nothing at that point can save the album.

3 - Vegas. They have only been focused on Vegas for 4 years now. They used BJ and Glory to promote the show but the singles aren't very important to them right now. Tickets are.

They didn't waste any money on 'Make Me' since it was sponsored by 3 different marks... they don't have any excuse to not release a third single. :NYsassy: 

Britney and her team won a lot of money with Vegas and can invert their own for another video tbh.. but they don't wan't to 'cause they are stingy, thats all!. :byebitch:
She've had like 3 months of free time, if she wanted to, she could pull it out another single... BUT, the thing is, she doesn't care  :whitneyshade:

On 3/11/2017 at 4:23 PM, PieceOfT said:

She doesn't want to promote.  She has other things in her life that she's focused on. Unfortunately, this means that good song writers and producers will not want to give her good material.  

oh i never thought of that... but that makes a lot of sense and it can end up being true from now on. :meltdown:

It's sad hearing britney so devoted to her work while listening to this record and realizing thats the only moment of it. Because she doesnt want to share her work with world, she doesnt have anything to communicate to her fans, her artistry is closed in recording studio. Its sad, seeing many artist flopping but releasing something for a good cause of their career

On 3/11/2017 at 11:03 AM, Spearsfan said:

Britney could push her music in many ways... come on she could go in depth and talk about the album on Instagram. Instead she just keeps posting pics of her body day after day. Which is great but isn't going to help her music brand in any shape way or form.

Charli doesn't have support from her label and she still manages to release a mixtape and perform on late night shows etc.

Its excuses and it all comes down to Britney

This! Ppl love blaming the label but Britney could do so much simple stuff to get ppl to talk about her music. Why is a beyonce song in her runway video and not a song off her own album?! Why is she posting google images and not sharing idk how about bts shots from the making of her album, acapella clips, anything! She could easily get a reading topic on twitter since she loves social media. It's like she has completely forgot she even has an album that was released. Its not just the label it's her. It's sad.

Archived