This may be the reason why Britney was dropped from Pitbull track...

Mr. Lucky

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, button said:

The delusion.

3 has way more solid stats than Gimme More and Piece of Me which you consider "hits". 2.4M digital downloads, more than both of those, it was top 2 on radio airplay unlike GM (was not even top 15) and Pom (was not even top 25) and spent 11 weeks in the top 10 of the Hot 100. How many did Gimme More have? 3. Ironically. :weusay:

I don't like the song and it's very basic but some of you say the most absurd things.  :weusay:

This. I heard 3 way more than GM on radio.

I think it has to do more with the fact that they wanted the Spanish version too. Although I'm confused, was Romeo Santos singing in English too? :squintney:

It is rough to know that Britney is being replaced by someone like Camila, but, at the same time I just feel sick imagining Britney Spears on a song with Pitbull and Romeo Santos :ugh:

29 minutes ago, thefierceone said:

Promo isnt everything if shes a big name the promo she did should have still been able to do decent numbers. People just arent into her anymore. She did 3 or 4 performances of Make Me and it still didnt take off.

well in all fairness it was a slow song and lipsyncing to it badly at the VMAs didnt do any favors. People need the live feel of a vocal. So yeah. :queenriri:

1 hour ago, cgshaw said:

Well if you was doing a group project at school, would you want to work with that one person that can't be bothered doing anything and does no work but still takes credit for it ? :staysalty:

this tbh.

1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it has to do more with the fact that they wanted the Spanish version too. Although I'm confused, was Romeo Santos singing in English too? :squintney:

It is rough to know that Britney is being replaced by someone like Camila, but, at the same time I just feel sick imagining Britney Spears on a song with Pitbull and Romeo Santos :ugh:

Uh no. In this era of social media, strategic collabos are everything. Britney still is very praised in the spanish speaking market. It would've been a master move. :sassybrit:

8 minutes ago, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

I mean, it wasn't even intended to be Britney and Pitbull (THANK GOD, Pitbull shouldn't exist :wannadie:), it was Romeo Santos from what I understood. :yesokay:

uh, no. it's always been Pitbull's song:

Pitbull’s Fate of the Furious collaboration could have turned out a lot differently. “Hey Ma” features Pitbull alongside J Balvin and Camila Cabello, though originally the song featured Romeo Santos and Britney Spears instead.

http://www.idolator.com/7658549/pitbull-j-balvin-camila-cabello-fast-and-furious-britney-spears-romeo-santos

reading comprehension, sweetie. :queenriri:

One, LA Reid is investing heavily into this girl's career. Record companies outbid people on songs and take them from artists all the time. Britney took Telephone from Gaga; Fergie wrote Big Girls Don't Cry for a young girl and then took the song back after the girl recorded it; Britney's label outbid Kylie Minogue for Get Out of My Way (for Femme Fatale), but Kylie convinced the producer to give her the song over Britney.. It's not uncommon.

Two, they most likely agreed to switching artists for a Spanish singer.

It's not that complicated :forkit:

3 hours ago, button said:

The delusion.

3 has way more solid stats than Gimme More and Piece of Me which you consider "hits". 2.4M digital downloads, more than both of those, it was top 2 on radio airplay unlike GM (was not even top 15) and Pom (was not even top 25) and spent 11 weeks in the top 10 of the Hot 100. How many did Gimme More have? 3. Ironically. :weusay:

I don't like the song and it's very basic but some of you say the most absurd things.  :weusay:

Thank you :giggleney:

3 is one of her biggest hits. Some fans always try to downplay its success and I don't know why :donewithit:

And also try to make Blackout bigger than it was :ponderney:

4 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

3 is one of her biggest hits. Some fans always try to downplay its success and I don't know why :donewithit:

And also try to make Blackout bigger than it was :ponderney:

No one cares about BO outside of this fanbase. Ppl just know the Its Britney ***** line. 

Her pure pop songs are the ones that do best. Tbh 

10 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

It has strong stats and was undeniably a hit but I wouldn't put it amongst her 10 biggest songs. It's rather forgotten and has weak reccurent numbers.

Gimme More and Piece of Me, despite having weaker stats, have better reccurent streams and sales. They're more remembered and outlasted 3.

For instance, Gimme More has 30M Spotify streams and is currently #9 on her Spotify page in terms of current relevancy. It's above Till the world ends which had lots of radio exposure. 3 never showed up in her most streamed songs on Spotify.

2 minutes ago, button said:

It has strong stats and was undeniably a hit but I wouldn't put it amongst her 10 biggest songs. It's rather forgotten and has weak reccurent numbers.

Gimme More and Piece of Me, despite having weaker stats, have better reccurent streams and sales. They're more remembered and outlasted 3.

For instance, Gimme More has 30M Spotify streams and is currently #9 on her Spotify page in terms of current relevancy.

Now is a great time for BO stans pulling out stats from streaming since literally her fans are the only one listening to her music. 

BO is the FAN fav. 

Archived