New BreatheHeavy live stream TODAY at 3:30 pm PT

One-click subscribe to our YouTube channel!

Britney should take a note from 90's Mariah...

Guest StrawberryKisses

Guest StrawberryKisses

And even though Mariah may be a flop now, there's one thing people don't mention:

She was album to do both BALLADS and POP/HIP-HOP songs at the same time... and they did successfully as singles.

Britney was raised on that big and deep vocal range, ballads. She was signed on because she aced a Whitney song. Her demo tape from Stonecreek sent to Foster White consisted ALL of ballads.

ALL of Britney's ballads are FLAWLESS, she does them very well.

Britney also does urban very well. I don't see why she has to contain herself to just one genre or style of music.

Look at Mariah:

If Britney harnessed her song-writing skills and ACTUALLY stopped hiding behind her writers, no doubt she have some great hits. She should work with artists that share HER vision, instead of her working with theirs. 

I think B10 should be a return to her roots. That Gospel, church upbringing. It'll be a CHANGE in her image. An emotional album. Everyone, including herself, knows she's gone through tough times... but she has never really acknowledged that in her songs. And I don't think it's because she doesn't want to - since we've gotten songs like Rebellion, etc.... and all those 2007 poems.   SHE HAS THE VOICE FOR IT. Let Go, etc. That deep, unique voice. She needs to showcase it.

I'm not saying Britney should scrap everything and become a balladeer, but she has a voice of a balladeer.  Britney needs to work on some great artists for a TRULY personal album. Alien was meant to be personal, so was Perfume... but production made this lost in translation. The desire is there.  

Each Britney album is different, so I want a return for B10. A return to what got her a record label deal.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

But yeah, let's just say she should do FAR MORE ballads/stripped songs/ballad-like songs. We want deep voice and deep songs, lol

14 minutes ago, StrawberryKisses said:

I think B10 should be a return to her roots. That Gospel, church upbringing. It'll be a CHANGE in her image. An emotional album. Everyone, including herself, knows she's gone through tough times... but she has never really acknowledged that in her songs. And I don't think it's because she doesn't want to - since we've gotten songs like Rebellion, etc.... and all those 2007 poems.   SHE HAS THE VOICE FOR IT. Let Go, etc. That deep, unique voice. She needs to showcase it.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I would love some classic ballads in the next album tbh... Right now only Adele releases amazing ballads :soyeah:

Actually a BOMT 2.O more modern with great production and characteristic instruments in the songs would be more than fine for me!

As for Mariah I have started listening her albums from the start and OMG she is AMAZING! Songs and voice that speak directly to the heart.

Ballads work with Mariah. She's a vocalist and she used to always sing live (and still sings live a lot). It's what she's known for. Britney's not known for her voice - she's known for the club/party/dance songs. People don't give a **** about her slower songs. Look at MM and SP.

Archived