Which record label would be the best for Britney?

FeedTheStans

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RCA. Not many labels would let her go through eras like that.  Most big labels would like their artists to work their ***** off to bring them more $$$. RCA keeps Britney only for her legendary status, nothing more. 

Yet again, she's happy with the life she's living now and with her current career state. As a fan, that makes me happy as well :queenriri:

She honestly needs to give Beyoncé a call. Hate her or love and I know most of you here hate her. She's one of the smartest female popstars business wise at the moment. She's releasing her own work on her own label on her own terms. Controlling how it's released preventing leaks. I don't think at Britney's current age any label is gonna give her their undivided attention and funds. They're more worried about finding the next Britney Spears's 

I think there are so many misconceptions out there about what a label actual does. One of the biggest (on this forum anyway) is that they're the reason Britney's career suffers. That couldn't be further from the truth.

For a new, independent, struggling artist, a record deal is their ticket to becoming known. Even then, having a record label doesn't guarantee success. The purpose of the label is to assist the artist in different aspects of their career, HOWEVER, how much input and backing the label puts into an artist varies greatly by artist. For some, the label takes charge of every aspect of their career while for others, they are simply distributors of their music.

We don't know just how involved or uninvolved RCA is in Britney's career, but based on a few obvious things, it's safe to assume that RCA is very hands off with Britney and is mainly there to help distribute her music. This is probably not their choice but probably conditions that Britney and her team outlined when she signed with them.

An artist at Britney's caliber, is very hands on with their career. They don't need a label to back them up on all aspects of their career, because by now, Britney has pretty much developed and established her entire team; Larry, PR, publicist, network of producers, etc.. These people don't work for the label, rather WITH the label to manager her career. At the end of the day, Britney is going to have the final say over what she does. If Britney doesn't want to promote her music, then that's really all on her. She can easily say, "I want to promote my music..." and her team will get to work on making it happen. Britney may also be the type of artist that solely relies on her team to manage everything, which if they decide to not promote, that still falls back on Britney because she has the ability to change how her team operates.

All in all, I wish people (especially the fans) would stop blaming Larry and RCA for Britney's career because it's more Britney's career than anyone else's. 

12 hours ago, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

she should make her own one instead of going into other labels 

i wish jive didn't go bankrupt :otears::tiffsniffle:

They didn't go bankrupt. As Larry would say "It just didn't work."

The path we’ve taken is to refresh RCA, so we're going to retire those brands,” Corson tells The Hollywood Reporter in a new interview. "There may be a reason down the line to bring them back, but it's a clean slate here."

Jive Records, run by Barry Weiss for nearly 20 years, was home to multi-platinum pop stars Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake. Arista was founded in 1974 also by Davis, who signed Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin and Barry Manilow to the label. In recent years, it saw releases by Usher and Pink. All artists will now fall under the RCA Records banner.  

In the digital age, one might think these closures mean there is little value, awareness or loyalty to a label by name, but the execs insist it's quite the oppposite. “The concept is that there is value in branding RCA and not having it confused or diluted by other labels,” says Corson. “The artists have all been supportive. We didn’t make this move without consulting our artists, and we haven’t had any push-back. Frankly, they’re the brand. We’re defined by our artists.”

The move follows a round of layoffs in which dozens of staffers were let go, including longtime executives Richard Palmese (J's evp of promotion, who had been Davis' righthand man for three decades), Tom Carraba and Peter Thea (both Jive evps) and roster cuts made (American Idol season 9 winner Lee DeWyze was a casualty), all in an effort to significantly downsize the label. “We’ve learned to work with less and hopefully accomplish the same or more,” Corson adds. “But by definition, the business has shrunk – the staffing has shrunk, our rosters are smaller. But we’re still profitable.”

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/rca-execs-confirm-jive-arista-245392

Archived