"I was never hiding anything. It was the people around me that were hiding me."

justkeepdoingit

6 minutes ago, Streets said:

Duh. Never said or implied she shouldn't change. We all know what she's been through

But this interview was a girl who had serious drive, and knew what it took to evolve to stay fresh. 

The quote I mostly refer to is "Madonna, over?".... and that was Britney's biggest fear, of people to think that of her. She "didn't want to be boring"... she wanted to be unapologetic with her career. 

I think, she used to be ambitious, when she used to be unaware of the consequences of being ambitious, everything before 2007. Madonna bore the pressure of being criticised or hated, something Britney wasn't able to bear. 

So, when I read Britney's view on Madonna's career, "I know she is hated" (paraphrasing her words) "I prefer being loved or much hated, than being boring", I think she was totally unaware of how inhumane is to be hated by the media. After everything she went through, clearly she changed her opinion.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, lolo. said:

I think, she used to be ambitious, when she used to be unaware of the consequences of being ambitious, everything before 2007. Madonna bore the pressure of being criticised or hated, something Britney wasn't able to bear. 

So, when I read Britney's view on Madonna's career, "I know she is hated" (paraphrasing her words) "I prefer being loved or much hated, than being boring", I think she was totally unaware of how inhumane is to be hated by the media. After everything she went through, clearly she changed her opinion.

I don't think her being ambitious caused her breakdown (if that's what you mean by she reaped the consequences). Like u can still be ambitious and super dedicated to your career without being at that extreme like she was. There are lots of pop girls who seem ambitious and totally driven but they still lead private lives and control how much of themselves they share with the world. It sucks she hasn't found that happy medium yet or probably doesn't want to now.

40 minutes ago, Streets said:

Duh. Never said or implied she shouldn't change or age or grow. That's not what I'm saying here. We all know what she's been through, and I personally don't blame her for slowing her career down to a pace she controls.. But this interview was a girl who had serious drive, and knew what it took to evolve to stay fresh. 

The quote I mostly refer to is "Madonna, over?".... and that was Britney's biggest fear, of people to think that of her. She "didn't want to be boring"... she wanted to be unapologetic with her career. 

Sometimes I get upset cause I feel like she was a star that burned too hot. Like she did ALOT in six years th at other artists do in fifteen. I mean I get the adrenaline and drive but also taking advantage of that and pushing it to working so non stop that she's burned out

This is just proof that Britney hasn't changed in the way that the media presents. She has always been funny, honest, and good natured. It's interesting because Britney became famous at the right and wrong time. Professionally it was the perfect time for her but personally it was the wrong time because they got away with doing unspeakable things to her and no one defended her. Even now they use her dark period as a way to make themselves feel better for not "breaking down" when she paved the way for them and she went through excruciating media backlash. They could never get away with this stuff now. I have a lot of respect for her because she came back professionally and beat the odds. She's very happy now and living the life she wants. 

56 minutes ago, Streets said:

Duh. Never said or implied she shouldn't change or age or grow. That's not what I'm saying here. We all know what she's been through, and I personally don't blame her for slowing her career down to a pace she controls.. But this interview was a girl who had serious drive, and knew what it took to evolve to stay fresh. 

what i said still applies. people change, so do their perspectives. britney was a 21 year old girl when she gave that interview. she was at the heights of her career and didn't exactly know what was yet to come. it's only logical (and not self-contradictory as you said) that her views on fame, relevance and the media changed in the time span of 13 years, after she gave birth to her boys (who are her priority now) and what she went through from 2006-2008.

Guest Diamond Horse
3 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I miss how candid she used to be and how she would go against her team for what she wanted. I hate how censored she has to be now 

It might be her choice too [to be censored in the interviews].

16 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I don't think her being ambitious caused her breakdown (if that's what you mean by she reaped the consequences). Like u can still be ambitious and super dedicated to your career without being at that extreme like she was. There are lots of pop girls who seem ambitious and totally driven but they still lead private lives and control how much of themselves they share with the world. It sucks she hasn't found that happy medium yet or probably doesn't want to now.

Me neither. I didn't mean that the reason for her breakdown was her ambition. What I meant is that she did change her perspective. I don't think currentey would say things like "I prefer being much more hated or loved, than being boring", after everything she went through she lost the ambition she used to have (like in this interview), I don't know if I made myself clear.

Edit: However, you say there are girls which are ambitious and totally driven today. But, Madonna's ambition did hurt her big time. That's what I meant. Like other people said, things Britney did back in the 2000's were massively criticised, but today girls like Rihanna aren't that criticised anymore. So ambition back in 80's or in 00's in GIRLS was differently considered.

21 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

she'll need some new tricks if she wishes to snatch her crown back from the 18-year-old Canadian anti-Britney, Avril Lavigne.

Resultado de imagen de wtf girl meme

In all fairness, this interview was before Toxic and it was 3 years since her last top 10 hit, lol. Avril was hot for a minute but Britney is clearly the real princess of pop :cinderellaney:

19 hours ago, lolo. said:

I am glad she has changed her view on her "duties" as a woman and her view on how relationships work. However, I miss how apathetic she used to be. It's weird that she used to be more rebellious back then, when she was much more popular, and nowadays she is much more censored, when her popularity has decreased big time. 

She didnt change her views on that, in fact she made them true come on shes basically letting her career die to be the lady of the house

3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

She is a completely different person now 

Exactly, which is what's so fascinating to me. I mean, again we've all seen what she's gone through at the sake of her fame..

Kind of has a sad nostalgia to read a Britney who was so intensely passionate about her career. 

23 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I think she just became famous at the wrong time. Like I think of all the stuff she got ragged on (her virginity, her outfits, smoking, dating, etc.) that none of the pop girls have to deal with now. Ppl applaud girls like Rihanna and Miley who are badass and open about the bad things they do. No one is asking Taylor swift when she lost her virginity. Ppl poke fun of her dating so many guys but it hasn't hurt her career in anyway. Britney sleeping with one guy almost damaged her career. It's just funny how different things are today. It's almost like no one expects these girls today to be super perfect (and u almost get more respect for being honest about your flaws or whatever) but everyone expected Britney to be perfect at such an insanely young age.

I don't think it was the wrong time. She was the one that allowed it to be ok for all following popstars. She was so famous because she was so shocking. She wouldn't be the legend she is today if she had done what she did at a different time.

some critics are beginning to wonder whether Madonna has finally lost her edge. "Madonna, over?" Spears shrieks, incredulous. (Heightened emotion tightens the twang in her Louisiana accent.) Then she reflects for a moment. "Honestly, that's why I work so hard-because that's a fear I have for me,"

Wish she still had that fear because what she said she is afraid of is where she's at right now..

Archived