Is this real? Did Britney's CD vocals really skip in 2007?

Mr. Lucky

We know Britney lipsyncs to her centuries old CD vocals... and she does it somewhat decently (except when her mic box falls off or she hides behind props thinking no one's watching her or a crazy fan jumps on stage to interrupt her), yet I recently came across this piece of news which supposedly made the headlines in 2007: :squintney:

Related image

Britney Spears booed for miming after backing CD jumps

Britney Spears's comeback has taken a tumble after the troubled pop star was discovered lip syncing to a CD during a performance at the House of Blues in Florida on Saturday night.

According to a source quoted on celebrity website TMZ.com: "It was an ugly scene. The crowd started jeering and heckling her. Britney looked absolutely devastated. '

"When the CD started skipping during the song Do Somethin', Britney hid her face and turned her back. Then, when it resolved itself, she turned around with this look on her face like she was going to puke."

A further technical hitch apparently left the pop star "rolling around on the floor with her headset broken".

Up until earlier today a video of the incident was posted on YouTube but a notice on the website now says it has been taken down due to "a copyright claim".

Fans forked out more than $500 to see the show, which lasted just 15 minutes

sources: http://www.finheaven.com/showthread.php?197869-Britney-Spears-Heckled-as-CD-Skips

http://www.smh.com.au/news/music/britneys-lip-slip/2007/05/22/1179601382148.html

http://www.24housing.co.uk/news/britney-spears-booed-for-miming-after-backing-cd-jumps/

A friend mentioned there were videos of that night and stuff, but I can't find any. Just how bad was it? 

Maybe she handled it like a pro, even tho she was going through that dark time in her life? :ponderney:

Were any of you there?  Does anyone recall this? Share details please, thx  :brit:

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

Did she not see how amped the crowd got from her only SPEAKING her lyrics live ... i don't get why she doesn't do this for some songs..

plus its so much more lively...the show is so much better when she does that. so much more into it. 

4 minutes ago, Nick Jonas said:

And this is why the GP hate her. :meltdown:

Some said in another thread Britney was self-sabotaging herself. Either that or she isn't aware of the new music scene nowadays.

People know their artists lipsync sometimes, most ignore they kind of do it almost all the time. It's just they care enough to make it seem like they sing live. :plzexplain:

Britney can't be bothered with this and that's why Glory is already six feet under. :byebitch:

8 minutes ago, SexyJeans said:

She could totally sing the beginning of work ***** live. Beacuse it's barely singing in the verses. Also parts of make me and i don't get why she doesn't say "it's Britney *****" live

ikr? i always wondered the same. 

it wouldve been way more embarrassing if it happened to her during these kind of songs:

Archived