Britney needs to get back to her roots

Dynasty

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, she needs to evolve. Her team has tried to get her back to her roots for YEARS now, but its coming off as stale and tired because she isnt executing the way she used to. Dying her hair bleach blonde and putting her in **** outfits doesnt come across the same when her performances are half assed and she seems detached from the music. IMO, she needs to be reinvented. New hair color,  new lyrical content, more mature performances, live vocals, etc. She comes off as a nostalgia act now cause she hasnt changed at all since her breakdown. Her team just tries to recreate what she was. Thats the problem.

28 minutes ago, TripToYourLove<3 said:

No, she needs to evolve. Her team has tried to get her back to her roots for YEARS now, but its coming off as stale and tired because she isnt executing the way she used to. Dying her hair bleach blonde and putting her in **** outfits doesnt come across the same when her performances are half assed and she seems detached from the music. IMO, she needs to be reinvented. New hair color,  new lyrical content, more mature performances, live vocals, etc. She comes off as a nostalgia act now cause she hasnt changed at all since her breakdown. Her team just tries to recreate what she was. Thats the problem.

This.They keep trying to make ppl fall in love with who she was and that's not her anymore. They should have done a huge rebrand after FF era. She's not the Britney ppl fell in love with anymore and that's fine but they shouldn't still try to market her the same. 

Forget her roots, to get mainstream success again she needs a complete overhaul. Barely anybody cares about Britney anymore apart from dedicated fans like us or pop music fans, it's just the truth. 

If she wants big success again, she needs total reinvention and to ditch the songs about *** that she ends up performing with stiff dancing in a sea of walking/posing around the stage and lip sync'd CD vocals. I would love a performance where she sings a heartfelt song with none of the shenanigans, just her and her raw voice. If she gives more of that and she actually nails it, she could gain more respect from people and be taken more seriously. 

Even then, I don't see her ever getting another hit unless she somehow lands a huge gig like the Super Bowl halftime show and actually nails it out of the park and again gains the respect of the public. Gaga was also in a bit of a slump but she demolished the halftime show and now she is headlining Coachella (along with Rock in Rio and other large gigs), her world tour is selling out stadiums with huge demand, and Million Reasons is starting to take off on radio.

Anything is possible but Britney needs to work for it and actually WANT it - I feel Britney is happy with how things are and is in an amazing place in her life, and that's honestly really all that matters. We should be happy that she still enjoys recording new albums and that she even gives us new material (we got an album like a Glory to bop to, it's amazing... who cares if it flopped?). I will always be here for her and love her music and she will always be my number 1 - I just feel it's important to accept that this is the way it is now and be happy with it just as Britney is. 

I don't know.. I think she should be more experimental.. try to work with different but yet talented staff.. writers... producers... people she never worked before and that are not over used by the industry right now.. I mean.. she doesn't need to work with people that worked with Bieber and Gomez based on the current success these artists are having... SHE should set the boundaries.... reinvent herself... but I think she is not into that... she doesn't care that much... and that's  OK, sad.. but OK.

:angietea:

9 hours ago, Dynasty said:

That's her only chance of getting another #1 :mhm: Britney is famous for her upbeat insane music, and by that i dont mean that EDM trash Broccoli Johannensburg (and partially femme fatale too tbh), I'm talking about circus/blackout/itz. Glory was an amazing album, and I couldnt be more happy she gave it to us, it was here present :mhm: But it didnt do that well because people expect Britney to give them another ******, upbeat bop they can lose their **** to. And lets ******* face it, noone does **** better than Britney, its a fact :mhm: 

we need more of these for the next album's first single :mhm: 

Glory has the UPBEAT single material they needed

abjexi.png

but "fans" voted Snoozer Party. Love the song and video but I knew it wasn't do better than Make Me... 

They needed to have an upbeat song as a 2nd single after MM but what do I know... I'm just a fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  

Archived