Why didn't DYWCO become a single?

PerfumeGuy

After listening to Glory again recently, I have realized that DYWCO has the potential for becoming a single and its tracklist position is also very suitable for it, but I really wonder why it didn't become a single.

Do you know the reason? Is it because when Britney performed it, it didn't get the expected reaction or is there any other reason? :prettyney:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, toy soldier. said:

It's the most Britney-esque track since ITZ. 

When my friend heard it (he's not a fan), he said "This song is so her"

That was the first thing I thought when it came out, and the reason why I was and still am so happy with it. 

The fact that they gave it the "promo single" treatment was the reason why it wasn't released as an official single. She even added it to the POM setlist, before the album was released. When the album came out, people were more interested in the newer songs. I'm talking about the fans, though. Idk about the general public, but I do think it would've been a great single choice. It's fun and catchy. 

3 hours ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

I imagine that it would've been the lead if Make Me wasn't but I'm pretty shocked that it didn't get released as the second single before the album came out. They could've done a heavy dance video in time for the VMAs. It's very ITZ/Blackout sounding and it's single material. 

Despite what fans think because they watch Vegas clips 15,000 times over and over and ruin everything for themselves - the DWYCO choreo is much more fluid, fun and ALIVE than Make Me as well. I wish so hard that it was performed during her set at the VMAs instead of that G-Eazy Me Myself and I crap. A complete wasted second single opportunity.

2 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Despite what fans think because they watch Vegas clips 15,000 times over and over and ruin everything for themselves - the DWYCO choreo is much more fluid, fun and ALIVE than Make Me as well. I wish so hard that it was performed during her set at the VMAs instead of that G-Eazy Me Myself and I crap. A complete wasted second single opportunity.

Agreed. It's also perfect for award show performances because it's very energy filled and it would've been perfect to end the show with DYWCO and tons of productions. 

Archived