SHE WILL HAVE TOP 5 HIT AGAIN

EarlyMorning

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse
21 minutes ago, claug326 said:

Make Me was steady on itunes for a long time and jumped back to top 5 after vma and radio still didn't give a **** 

Well radio sucks then.

Why is everyone pretending like Slumber Party isn't and wasn't radio friendly, tho, now that it flopped? :byebitch:

Slumber Party is super on trend - it's basically Britney's Hotline Bling

Blame the team and the song's treatment, not the song (except maybe the super unecessary and distracting Tinashe feature) :forkit:

7 hours ago, Streets said:

Why is everyone pretending like Slumber Party isn't and wasn't radio friendly, tho, now that it flopped? :byebitch:

Slumber Party is super on trend - it's basically Britney's Hotline Bling

Blame the team and the song's treatment, not the song (except maybe the super unecessary and distracting Tinashe feature) :forkit:

The song IS part of the problem though, just like Make Me, because of everything you described. Plenty of people on Exhale did NOT support Slumber Party being a single.

It is super on trend, but it's not BRITNEY. It's not a BANGER and it doesn't make people wanna dance.

I don't think looking at other careers proves much but I would say that Britney has always been a resilient pop artist. Britney's career span is like a rollercoaster. She has always experienced high peaks, steady declines & peaks in between. I think that Britney most  definitely has more commercial success with music ahead and I am going to bet that B10 will be carefully executed. If they take what worked & didn't work with the BJ & Glory eras they will probably come up with an album & lead single that has strong commercial aspects whilst also sticking to more mature formula that Glory has. 

13 hours ago, EarlyMorning said:

RIHANNA : AMERICAN OXYGEN 2015 N 78 , BBHMM 2015 N 15 ----------- 2016 WORK N 1

MADONNA:  NOTHING REALLY MATTER 1999 N 93, AMERICAN LIFE 2003 N 35 ---------  2005 HANG UP N 3                       

MARIAH CAREY: SAY SOMETHING 2006 N 79 --------------2008 TOUCH MY BODY N 1

JENNIFER LOPEZ 2007 DO IT WELL N 31 -------------- 2011 ON THE FLOOR N 3

SHAKIRA 2005 DONT BOTHER N 42 ---------- 2006 HIPS DONT LIE N 1

BEYONCE 2007 LISTEN N 61 --------- 2008 SINGLE LADIES N 1

I love how you conveniently selected singles :rihclap:

7 hours ago, RussianFan said:

Not when she actually promoted her last album. Even the lead got a good promo from the day one of you recall it. 

It actually didn't. 

She hasn't done good promo since Circus. 

Most of the promo was for POM.

MM had a bit better promo than the album but not enough to push the song for a long run. 

The way things work on the charts should actually be in current Britney's favor. It normally takes along time to get a huge hit. She could have spaced out promo enough that is wouldn't be overwhelming in the slightest but she chooses to do nothing.

If you do nothing no matter the song it won't go far.

7 hours ago, RussianFan said:

Not when she actually promoted her last album. Even the lead got a good promo from the day one of you recall it. 

Glory and Make Me had decent promo but it wasn't well planned and developed. After Make Me was released they spent weeks doing nothing, no TV appearances, no performances, no magazine covers, not even radio interviews, and of course we have to add the MV fiasco, which really damaged the song. It still did fairly good, especially considering that it reached its peak again after the VMA's, but it's not hard to imagine that it would've done so much better if she hadn't waited an entire month to really promote her lead single.

Archived