Britney is not a has-been... Gaga & Bey are in the same boat.

jennyj

If you look on YouTube at the view counts of Britney's recent videos vs. Gaga's and Beyonce's....
They are around the same range... heck Slumber Party has many millions more views than Bey's new video, and even their Carpool Karoke vids around in the same range... which means that Britney is not a has-been, but at the same level as Gaga and Bey.  it's just the music industry and society as a whole.  We get bombarded with so much content online, and especially younger peeps are not even aware of these acts, which is why the tween artists always get higher counts.  The only thing Gaga and Bey have on Britney is popularity, but NOT about their music at all but about their drama/theatrics/politics/attention.  Something Britney doesn't do (and shouldn't do!) #HumbleneySlays.  :slayney:

I'm noticing a lot of negative threads (more than usual) on Exhale.  It's pretty sad tbh.  You guys need to get a life.. Britney sure isn't phased by this ****, so I don't see why you many of you guys need to be.  Just focus on the music.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britney makes more songs as a favor to us.. She could careless... And you can see that on stage... She doesn't go 100... But she does give us something.. And when you compair it to someone who is full of themselves and egotistical.. Well it isn't u to snuf .. But I'm ok with that.. Music wise.. I listing to more nicki, Justin b, drake, Madonna now a days  glroy was good.. But still a fall of for me compaird to pre BJ albums.. Hope b10 is more my style.. Don't get me wrong I love glory.. But.  I dunna.. I listed to pre BJ albums much more compared 

12 minutes ago, MykieTheCriminal said:

Britney makes more songs as a favor to us.. She could careless... And you can see that on stage... She doesn't go 100... But she does give us something.. And when you compair it to someone who is full of themselves and egotistical.. Well it isn't u to snuf .. But I'm ok with that.. Music wise.. I listing to more nicki, Justin b, drake, Madonna now a days  glroy was good.. But still a fall of for me compaird to pre BJ albums.. Hope b10 is more my style.. Don't get me wrong I love glory.. But.  I dunna.. I listed to pre BJ albums much more compared 

well thats your opinion but 90% of exhalers loves Glory, its in my top 3 albums

Gaga hasnt been around as long. Her big hits were only in the first 3 years or so of her career. She did some great stuff in the meantime but she really has fallen from what made people love her. But thats because she uses the gimmick of dressing and acting weird, tricking some people into thinking shes unique eventhough her music is just pop. In the beginning great hit worthy pop, but still just pop. SHe aint no Lana Del Rey. Thats why Joanne failed. She has nothing without her pretentious "im so different, look at me looking unflattering and weird". But hey, even Metallica fell for it.

Beyonce and Britney have both long careers but are very different and went on different roads. Beyonce is a powerhouse tbh.

Let's be honest:

1. Beyoncé, despite limited radio success, is the biggest female act out now. She is/was killing it touring. I can't stand her but it's a fact.

2. Lady Gaga is a victim of her own success. She isn't a has-been as yet but her next steps will be crucial if she wants any longevity.

3. Britney I feel is in a category few artist can hope to find themselves in. She's neither a has-been nor is she immediately relevant. She occupies a space where Mariah, Celine, Madonna and Michael Jackson exist. Maybe it's legendary status? Beyoncé is up there and Rihanna (*vomits*) may reach there...these are acts whose past work/catalogue was so impactful that no matter what happens they will always be "relevant".

There are major differences - both Gaga and Bey are very devoted to their works. Beyonce steals and fakes everything, Gaga seems to be more true to herself. They both sing live (but does Beyonce really? I don't believe her). And they put very much effort to promo.  So thats it

7 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Let's be honest:

1. Beyoncé, despite limited radio success, is the biggest female act out now. She is/was killing it touring. I can't stand her but it's a fact

:nobitch: Both Taylor and Adele beg to differ. I live in Asia and Beyonce literally has zero massive hit since almost a decade ago. Beyonce only appears to be at the top of her game because US media love to kiss her ***. And she is at the right moment where appreciating black artist seem to be done (part of it) due to political correctness 

beyonce is big in usa. she knows how to play she has big marketing like nobody else because thats her way how to become legendary... she portrayes herself as goddess...

lady Gaga is true artist - shes done jazz, pop, country and she is an actress as well... 

britney is the humble one ... she didnt need big marketing and performance to become legend - oops I did it vma is iconic and it is so simple ... she didnt need to tell on vmas she is pregnant, she was interesting because of her not because some big game playing behind her back... beyonce is big cause she has many people working on her status ... she has biggest production she works so hard to be big star ... britney never needed that 

Britney and Beyonce are in the same boat, I don't know about Gaga. She debuted over a decade after them.

The only difference between Britney and Beyonce is artistry. Britney is a respected pop star and Beyonce is a respected vocalist and live performer. Beyonce has more widespread acclaim, but Britney IS acclaimed. Her only panned albums are Britney Jean and Britney. Again: she is a celebrated POP STAR.

That being said, Beyonce can consistently perform and impress America again and again and again with her talent regardless of material (she performed nearly every song from Lemonade live on national television at some point this era, despite only Formation being a hit; Run The World wasn't a hit, but she KILLED every live performance for months, keeping people excited regardless of the song flopping).

Britney is only as popular as her current song because pop music is what she offers. And history shows the public wants bangers from Britney Spears. So when you hear "Britney Spears is back" and "Make Me" starts playing (and then gets lip synched performances), it's not cool. There's a reason Work ***** has over 250 million views on VEVO (despite not being performed to the public until 2016), Perfume has 30 million, Pretty Girls (as horrific as it is) has 150 million and Make Me has 52 million. 

And since you brought up Gaga, just look at Million Reasons. People were not looking for a ballad from Gaga, but she kills it live and now it's finally caught on. If Britney were to sing one of the beautiful tracks from Glory live, she would arguably shut down social media and iTunes. But she won't. So she should at least give people a bop.

So I have to disagree. It's all about the music. Beyonce and Gaga aren't in the press THAT much either. Beyonce doesn't even give interviews. This isn't 2009.

EDIT:

Also Beyonce's videos were uploaded to VEVO randomly over the course of a year as she performed songs or released them to radio. These are just ripped from the Lemonade film, which millions and millions have seen/own. The fact Sorry has 194 million and Hold Up has 81 million when they were uploaded MONTHS after they debuted is nuts.

15 minutes ago, radar89 said:

:nobitch: Both Taylor and Adele beg to differ. I live in Asia ane Beyonce literally has zero massive hit since almost a decade ago. Beyonce only appears to be at the top of her game because US media love to kiss her ***. And she is at the right moment where appreciating black artist seem to be done (part of it) due to political correctness 

Cool. As I said Beyoncé has had limited radio success recently but her touring numbers were HUGE. You can't deny that.

2 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Let's be honest:

1. Beyoncé, despite limited radio success, is the biggest female act out now. She is/was killing it touring. I can't stand her but it's a fact.

2. Lady Gaga is a victim of her own success. She isn't a has-been as yet but her next steps will be crucial if she wants any longevity.

3. Britney I feel is in a category few artist can hope to find themselves in. She's neither a has-been nor is she immediately relevant. She occupies a space where Mariah, Celine, Madonna and Michael Jackson exist. Maybe it's legendary status? Beyoncé is up there and Rihanna (*vomits*) may reach there...these are acts whose past work/catalogue was so impactful that no matter what happens they will always be "relevant".

Ummm nooo

Beyonce is only huge in the states, she isn't the biggest female act, her team just knows how to market her into being something she really isn't. 

30 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

Why was Britney panned?

Panned is a strong word compared to Britney Jean, my bad. :shameless:

But it was very mixed, because a lot of critics (and people) thought she grew up "too fast" and the material/imagery was off-putting, especially for the young fans she got during BOMT and OIDA. And her songs were FLOPPING hardcore, in the US anyway. America has never been into "R&B/moody Britney" and I have no idea where that idea came from. This era was nothing but **** videos in the states.

4 hours ago, ITZFFGL said:

Panned is a strong word compared to Britney Jean, my bad. :shameless:

But it was very mixed, because a lot of critics (and people) thought she grew up "too fast" and the material/imagery was off-putting, especially for the young fans she got during BOMT and OIDA. And her songs were FLOPPING hardcore, in the US anyway. America has never been into "R&B/moody Britney" and I have no idea where that idea came from. This era was nothing but **** videos in the states.

weren't those songs flopping because she had a radio ban?

Gaga has not found her way, she wants to be in everything, do everything. She was very popular because she represented a community at the time, lost that, beyonce is over exposed, we already know that the excesses are bad, she already bored with overexposure, and britney remains faithful to her music, her  image and her Fans, is true to itself already has a won market and does not want to be the messiah of anything. So I think in the end the win will be britney

5 minutes ago, BreatheOnMoi said:

Her fans refuse to give up and stop being rude.  This *****'s single refuses to flop on ITunes because of discounts, so sad, her day will come 

tumblr_mb75njXfJV1rnatwqo1_r1_500.gif

is it even legal to discount ur singles for like a year? i thought u could only do it for a week and i see zero reasons discounted all the time.

SKAOTYBWYVxiE.gif

The problem isn't Britney relevancy. The problem is the fact Britney/her team are still stuck in 2004. They think the promo required is a few interviews and a couple of performances. It's not enough anymore, artists nowadays are puling out all the stops to promote their work. I also think Britney's image/brand needs a major overhaul because honestly nothing has changed much since 2004. 

Why do you have to put the women against each other... Gaga and bey are both more relevant than Britney and you all know this but don't want to say it. Britney had an amazing career but you can't be on top forever. Britney chooses not to put herself out there as much therefore making people uninterested. But I'm sure she does this because she's not a fan of the media overexposure . . Come to terms with it and move on 

Archived