What Is the "Desert Performance"?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest $elfish
On 2/28/2017 at 2:37 AM, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

This GIF though, how much did XFactor pay her to make all these dumb faces... sure made a fool of herself :yesokay: 

But she gave us more gifs to use :bopney::lollipop::awkblink::omgwtf::watrusayin::decisions:

britney makes the wierdest facial expressions :haha::umwtf::notatall::umomg::wtf::qtbrit:

:surprisedney:

cant live with them 

can't live without em 

now all we get is britney sticking her tongue out :meltdown:

Basically Jordan 'confirmed' that she was going to be performing Work ***** on GMA in September 2013 and the performance would have a desert setting. 

She appeared on GMA, but she didn't perform, she just appeared to announce POM and also had fans on the desert setting.

Tbh it was never confirmed officially that she was going to perform. Jordan just claimed she was in order to build hype but it crushed the fan's hopes and expectations of the whole thing.

• Like 3
On Mon Feb 27 2017 at 11:42 PM, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

Kind of, became a fan between BJ and Glory, but me becoming a fan had nothing to do with BJ obviously, let's be real here... :yesokay: Yeah, I saw the whole helicopter video, quite sad tbh... didn't think it was IT because there was no performance. I'm slow as per usual! :awks:

I'm exactly the same as you, became a Stan between brontisouris jean era and pretty galz, weird time to become a Stan I know....:overitkbye:

On 2/27/2017 at 6:11 PM, WhenWillYourFaves777 said:

Ok you guys... I see people talk about a "desert performance" on this forum quite a bit and supposedly it caused a big meltdowned :awks:, I searched everywhere and I can't seem to find anything. What is it? Why was it so bad? CAN SOMEONE LINK A VIDEO?! :plzney: I'm a flop, I know... :yesokay:

TMZ ran a rumor that claimed Britney would announce Piece of Me with a grand desert performance of her new single "Werk ***** (ft. RuPaul)" ( :icant1: ) in the desert on GMA.

The fact that there was a countdown timer on Britney's official website didn't help matters, and when Jordan mainpaged it on BreatheHeavy, people started foaming at the mouth... Gurl, we were ready to pop our ******* when we realized that Work ***** and the announcement were practically on the same day (WB leaked Sunday, but got properly released on Monday as planned, and GMA was Tuesday)! And then nothing happened. She puked in the helicopter taking her to the desert, she got off, announced Vegas, got back on and left. :hahaha: We were SEETHING. And we came for blood. From that day forward and up until I wanna say mid-February, the entire fanbase was a boiling pot of meltdowns. Drama with the BJ era and this site didn't ******* help, either. :lessons: 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, alexdaily said:

Who is she? :plzexplain:

Courtney Friel, the other Godney (besides Godney Houston and Godney Spears, of course). She's also the iconic ***** who interviewed this little boy and made him cry: :kidcries:

That night, she served us so much awkwardness, laughs and fun. She interviewed Larry and Jordan, among others. :queenflopga: I think she even interviewed Mario "I fed Britney my sausage" Lopez.

• Love 1
  • Like 1
On 2/27/2017 at 6:16 PM, Godney's Sweet *** said:

In 2013, Britney appeared on Good Morning America to announce her upcoming Piece Of Me residency in Vegas. 

To promote her new album, Bethany Grant, she performed the lead single Work ***** for the first time. She performed it in the desert with 9 other dancers and she slayed the world. Work ***** hit #1 on Itunes and stayed there for 17 days.

My favourite parts of the desert performance:

* Primeney level dancing

* The bit where she kicked sand at the camera (YASSSSS BRITNEY!!!!)

* The choreography was better than the MV choreo with added bits and less posing

* Her make-up, outfit and hair were FIRE

Sadly no video exists of the performance because Larry didn't think it "worked."

the memories :mybodyisready::mybodyisready::mybodyisready::mybodyisready: