What Is the "Desert Performance"?

lol there wasn't a real performance. the gist of it is that there was a countdown on the britney website that ran for i think a month and obviously got us pretty excited. it ended up being for a Special Announcement on gma and we all got EVEN MORE excited when they flew out a ton of fans to the desert and set up this big *** thing where they were all holding cards that, when viewed from above, formed a picture of britney, and so of course we thought she'd be performing there (iirc it was even "confirmed" here on breatheheavy but i could be wrong)

but it ended up that she just flew down in a helicopter and talked for like five minutes to announce the vegas residency and that was it. it was literally the biggest meltdown i've ever seen on here. it lasted for like three days and SO many people left. now its kind of one of those bitter jokes on here

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, The Once-ler said:

lol there wasn't a real performance. the gist of it is that there was a countdown on the britney website that ran for i think a month and obviously got us pretty excited. it ended up being for a Special Announcement on gma and we all got EVEN MORE excited when they flew out a ton of fans to the desert and set up this big *** thing where they were all holding cards that, when viewed from above, formed a picture of britney, and so of course we thought she'd be performing there (iirc it was even "confirmed" here on breatheheavy but i could be wrong)

but it ended up that she just flew down in a helicopter and talked for like five minutes to announce the vegas residency and that was it. it was literally the biggest meltdown i've ever seen on here. it lasted for like three days and SO many people left. now its kind of one of those bitter jokes on here

Awww, I think I've seen that video of her in the helicopter and the people holding up signs but I thought it wasn't it because there was no performance... :yesokay: I'm so naive... :awks:

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

In 2013, Britney appeared on Good Morning America to announce her upcoming Piece Of Me residency in Vegas. 

To promote her new album, Bethany Grant, she performed the lead single Work ***** for the first time. She performed it in the desert with 9 other dancers and she slayed the world. Work ***** hit #1 on Itunes and stayed there for 17 days.

My favourite parts of the desert performance:

* Primeney level dancing

* The bit where she kicked sand at the camera (YASSSSS BRITNEY!!!!)

* The choreography was better than the MV choreo with added bits and less posing

* Her make-up, outfit and hair were FIRE

Sadly no video exists of the performance because Larry didn't think it "worked."

I think I've seen this video you're describing on LiveLeak though, are you sure no video exists? :wtfdidusay:

25 minutes ago, I'mSoCurious said:
  Hide contents

Also, no video, it never happened :yeahsure:

OOOH!!! So the point is... that it never happened? I AM SO SLOW! :idkney:

So you're a new fan? :)

It was a rumored performance that was supposed to happen during the Vegas announcement. The media, including Breatheheavy, hyped it as **** and even gave us some 'exclusive details'.

But the announcement happened and there was no performance, just a dizzy Britney with sunglasses in the night. It was one of the biggest meltdowns in this fandom, and a perfect way to start the messy Britney Jean era.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, RobRocks said:

So you're a new fan? :)

It was a rumored performance that was supposed to happen during the Vegas announcement. The media, including Breatheheavy, hyped it as **** and even gave us some 'exclusive details'.

But the announcement happened and there was no performance, just a dizzy Britney with sunglasses in the night. It was one of the biggest meltdowns in this fandom, and a perfect way to start the messy Britney Jean era.

Kind of, became a fan between BJ and Glory, but me becoming a fan had nothing to do with BJ obviously, let's be real here... :yesokay: Yeah, I saw the whole helicopter video, quite sad tbh... didn't think it was IT because there was no performance. I'm slow as per usual! :awks: