2007 VMAs Gimme More inspired by Elvis

DJSLAYZEE

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, borogroves said:

still don't get the hate for this 2007 VMA performance. if she did this at POM now, people would be raving all over that performance and all the basic ******* ******** bricksΒ :staysalty:

Basically because she was the best performer in the world, and that performance was nowhere near to her standards. That wasn't the same girl who outperformed Janet Jackson on the 2000s VMAs, or the girl who danced with the snake, or the one who once slayed the world. She was doing the most basic performance, without any kind of energy, doing the worst playback of her life.

Most people love the performance now, but because of the legend status it got, and mainly, those are the new fans aged 12. Fans back then, we were really disappointedΒ and, to be honest, I wish I could delete that performance from the internet.Β 

8 minutes ago, I am Max. said:

Basically because she was the best performer in the world, and that performance was nowhere near to her standards. That wasn't the same girl who outperformed Janet Jackson on the 2000s VMAs, or the girl who danced with the snake, or the one who once slayed the world. She was doing the most basic performance, without any kind of energy, doing the worst playback of her life.

Most people love the performance now, but because of the legend status it got, and mainly, those are the new fans aged 12. Fans back then, we were really disappointedΒ and, to be honest, I wish I could delete that performance from the internet.Β 

If somebody else pulled that the critique wouldn't be so harsh or it would've been good but she has huge expectations.Β but I likeΒ how sheΒ compared herself to the king of rock and roll'sΒ comebackΒ :queenriri:Β 

2 minutes ago, borogroves said:

i'm sorry if you don't think so. the choreography at the vas 2007 is definitely way more superior than the stuff we get at pom now

But she does it now. Girlie was asleep on stage :(Β she didn't have anybody to tell her "no maybe it's not a good idea"

Yeah she's always been a huge fan of him tbh and he has been a continuous inspiration and reference she's used.

In some ways its interesting as well, because Elvis in his time was the biggest star on the planet. Everyone wanted more of him.
There was a time in Elvis's life where he gained weight, started doing ***** and even had performances where he would be
lying all across the stage, not looking okay at all... yet his fans would still scream for him and go wild for him.
The height of his status and fame was so strong and so huge, that it didn't matter if he publicly screwed up on stage or in his personal life.
His fans and the world still loved him.

So the decision to have the Elvis intro for her 'comeback' performance couldΒ suggest Britney could of been feeling
this way at that time in her life possibly. Especially mixing it with the song 'Gimme More'
Β 

22 minutes ago, DJSLAYZEE said:

If somebody else pulled that the critique wouldn't be so harsh or it would've been good but she has huge expectations.Β but I likeΒ how sheΒ compared herself to the king of rock and roll'sΒ comebackΒ :queenriri:Β 

But she does it now. Girlie was asleep on stage :(Β she didn't have anybody to tell her "no maybe it's not a good idea"

That's true though. The problem, as you said, was that there were really HIGH expectations on her. She was known as the best performance of the decade, and that performance wasn't at her standards. And yes, it was basically a tribute to Elvis, and I really like that about the performance.

Archived