Does Britney have any songs with a deep meaning?

noah fence

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Mantequilla said:

I don't think the lyrics have to be cryptic for a song to be "deep". I think he's just saying the song has a message, and that's it.

Having said that, I do think the song has a message, but the way it's delivered is just terrible. I really don't like the lyrics, and the chorus is annoying as ****. Then again, it's Katy Perry, so of course it's basic. 

I wasn't just talking about the OP, I understood that, but people on facebook keep saying only smart people understand this song, and those who don't like it are stupid. lol You can go check facebook comments out, to see what I mean.  

10 hours ago, Draw The Blinds said:

Chained To The Rhythm is not a deep song :orangu:

I don't like Katy, but if you can't tell that there is an underlying social and political message behind each lyric of the song and each detail of the video then you are obviously oblivious :sassybrit:

The song and music video are extremely well executed and every single detail is extremely well thought out (even tiny details like words or numbers in the video are all very significant)

It's actually quite impressive how they pulled that off so well

Don't get me wrong, I really dont like Katy at all but this song and video were extremely well executed and Britney's team could never pull off anything that smart :sassybrit:

1 hour ago, Noah Fatale said:

I don't like Katy, but if you can't tell that there is an underlying social and political message behind each lyric of the song and each detail of the video then you are obviously oblivious :sassybrit:

The song and music video are extremely well executed and every single detail is extremely well thought out (even tiny details like words or numbers in the video are all very significant)

Don't get me wrong, I really dont like Katy at all but this song and video were extremely well executed and Britney's team could never pull off anything that smart :sassybrit:

And will Chained To The Rhythm help the world to end all those issues that the song and music video show?

:ponderney:

14 hours ago, Noah Fatale said:

Girl please, I am not oblivious. I know what she's trying to say. My point is her shitty lyrics are laughable and embarrassing. :weusay: Not to mention, she is part of the system that we're all "slaves" to. So what exactly is she promoting, that her fans are brainless idiots? :mhmsureny: Yes, I agree Katy.

& I don't know what video you watched, but that **** was boring as hell to me. Just her walking around in a fake amusement park with ugly outfits and makeup. The message she is trying to get across is nothing new. It's been done a thousand times before, & it's been executed a thousand times better :tiffeyeroll:

I honestly would never want Britney to make a video like this. Britney does what she does best - dances and entertains. Katy needs to stick to doing what she does best, which is walking around on stage with props that upstage her. :begone:

On 2/24/2017 at 5:06 AM, PieceofBritney said:

I honestly can't at people finding deep meaning in Chained To The Rhythm, it's pretty much obvious what is it about and there is nothing "hidden" about it, just reminding us of everything we already know. I think "Take me to church" is a good example for "hidden meaning"

Britney's songs: Moodring is pretty deep imo, and some of the songs people mentioned above. 

That's typical Katy Perry. Most of the current pop stars think they're deep and convince the GP that they are too. 

How can a song that says "Turn it up it's your favorite song, dance, dance, dance" can be deep? :awks:

Just because it's about society it doesn't mean it's deep. It's suuuuper basic, I only watched the music video like once and understood everything she wanted to say that its meant to be deep :uknowit:

2 minutes ago, Teresita said:

How can a song that says "Turn it up it's your favorite song, dance, dance, dance" can be deep? :awks:

Just because it's about society it doesn't mean it's deep. It's suuuuper basic, I only watched the music video like once and understood everything she wanted to say that its meant to be deep :uknowit:

Ikr, people are reaching for meaning here. If it does have some, it's delivered horribly

vote!!!! 

On 26/02/2017 at 0:33 AM, Draw The Blinds said:

Girl please, I am not oblivious. I know what she's trying to say. My point is her shitty lyrics are laughable and embarrassing. :weusay: Not to mention, she is part of the system that we're all "slaves" to. So what exactly is she promoting, that her fans are brainless idiots? :mhmsureny: Yes, I agree Katy.

& I don't know what video you watched, but that **** was boring as hell to me. Just her walking around in a fake amusement park with ugly outfits and makeup. The message she is trying to get across is nothing new. It's been done a thousand times before, & it's been executed a thousand times better :tiffeyeroll:

I honestly would never want Britney to make a video like this. Britney does what she does best - dances and entertains. Katy needs to stick to doing what she does best, which is walking around on stage with props that upstage her. :begone:

TOTALLY AGREE! I am so sick of hearing about how amazing and deep this song is, OMG! It's not deep at all, you only have to listen to it once and get what the msg is, the lyrics are not deep in any way. Also sorry but I find it hard to believe all of those concepts are Katy's, she hardly speaks politics at all in her interviews etc. the extent of her political speech is 'VOTE HILLARY KITKATS!' I know she's credited with co-writing it and was also credited on Rise, but when I saw her talking about Rise in a clip where she was CLEARLY reading off a teleprompter 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZeqeOJ2dcc

I just think of what Britney's writer from Femme Fatale (I think?) said about how none of these artists write their songs (except a few exceptions) but they pay the song writers, Katy Perry just seems SO in genuine in every interview I see, I definitely would not be surprised if she's one of the ones who simply buys co-writing credits. Obviously just my opinion because there's no proof but the way she talked about Rise in that clip...sooooo fake.

Most of her unreleased stuff

especially " Over To You "

No ! seriously i think most of her unreleased songs have deep meaning and there's this song that everyone thinks it's Early Morning 2.0 and it's about a one night stand or **** or whatever, but if you look deeper you can see that it has a deep meaning, i'm talking about BLUR, i think this song is about her dark days and breakdown, it's more like she doesn't remember what really happened, like everything is a blur and it was produced by Danja who was around Britney by that time, it's like he could read through her

Ugh ! i'll never forgive her team for not releasing Blur, i'm sure it could've done well among the GP, mature lyrics, great vocals, good beat and all my friends and family (not Britney fans) love this song

Archived