In The Zone, Blackout, Glory

IconicShow

3 of Britney's best albums (Arguably) we're a waste in the sense that bad things happened during the releases of each album.

Promo on these albums were stopped and the best thing about these albums was the music.

Most haven't heard Blackout or Glory, both award winning albums.

Let's review.

In the Zone-

In_the_Zone.png

Released in 2003, Britney was was in the party zone, having flings, hitting up night clubs, public first seeing Britney smoking cigarettes.

MATM- Didn't chart as well as hoped for a lead single featuring the queen of pop Madonna.

Toxic- Flawless song and video won Britney her only Grammy award.

Everytime- Original video was edited due to the original reportedly having Britney overdosing on pills and committing suicide.

Britney launches the Onyx Hotel Tour, her best dancing along with the DWAD tour. Britney is tired of touring and needs a break and starts to meltdown.

A quickie 55 Vegas Marriage after her Break up with JT.

Injures her knee during the video shoot for "Outrageous"

Cancels tour all the while falling in love with Kevin Federline and marrying him and having two kids.

The album lost traction and didn't reach it's full potential, the public started to see Britney in more of a bad light.

Critics gave good reviews on this album.

Blackout- 2007

Britney_Spears_-_Blackout.png

Britney's Iconic album after her divorce from Kevin and break up Britney was crafting this album. New sound new vibe with Danja, Britney seemed on the right track after the split, appearing refreshed at the AMA's presenting Mary J Blige.

Ice skating with Larry Rudolph, getting her body back and seeming to be better without Kevin.

Gimme More becomes a hit at #3 on the BB Hot 100 despite the lack of promotion, custody battle, alleged **** use, rehab stays, and everything else that helped diminish the public view of Britney Spears.

The album is cheated out of the #1 slot on the BB 200 Album chart eventually going platinum.

Only two videos released this era, Gimme More once again the original version was heavily edited.

Piece of Me has success winning awards, the video was ok and Britney agreed she was shocked to win the VMA's since she had done far better videos.

Break the Ice- Britney's first animated music video, due to her troubles Britney didn't really promote this album shy of a radio interview, 2 videos and her VMA bomb.

Radar becomes a single on Britney's successful album Circus, great song and could've done way better if released off the Blackout Album.

The video director's idea to not have Britney dance in this video left fans wanting more, and by time the song was released as a single fans were already over the track.

Critics gave high praise for this album.

Glory-2016

Make Me- Moderate hit on the BB Charts during it's debut and peak

Controversy over the original video being cut to the mess that is now the heavily edited version.

The song was released and it took so long for a video to be released when it was finally released it left fans very disappointed.

Slumber Party- Song was remixed to feature Tinashe. Great video, but once again timing took forever to get the second single going.

Here we are and there's no 3rd single and with a bad promotional plan in place this album as of now has sold less than what most consider to be one of her worst albums Britney Jean.

These 3 albums are Britney masterpieces that she said she poured her heart into and had more control over these albums.

Due to injuries, personal problems, bad promotional plans, videos being changed and delayed these albums never got to reach their full potential for more to hear.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those 3 albums are the holy trinity for me tbqh. So its such a shame all 3 eras didn't reach their full potential. 

ITZ and Glory though both definitely for sure had era highlights I'd say.

Her career only seems to have had 4 eras that were carried out well... which were Baby, Oops, Britney and Circus.

I just hope for B10 and for her 20th milestone that they're smarter, better organised, more driven, ambitious and generally just smash it.
They need back-up plans, top notch marketing and promo strategies, performances at events with high ratings and choreographers
and beauty teams that know how to compliment Britney to the fullest extent.
I think if she performed at the Superbowl, GMA, VMAs and BBMAs... sales, relevance and ticket sales would soar.  
Those 4 events alone would be enough to land her a #1 album, #1 single and increase ticket sales for either POM or a new tour.

8 minutes ago, Stifler's Mom said:

her best work treated like garbage :meltdown:

MTE.

Videos were ruined, so many problems, and these albums were masterpieces.

8 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Those 3 albums are the holy trinity for me tbqh.

So its such a shame all 3 eras didn't reach their full potential. 

ITZ and Glory both definitely for sure had era highlights though I'd say.

Yeah there highlights and these are my 3 favorite Britney albums.

Blackout had 3 videos. BTI being the best of them. Let's not pretend BTI doesn't count as a video, because it actually got a lot of airplay at least here in Latin America. It's not like Kill the Lights which was only uplaoded to VEVO and never made it to TV.

And I don't know, for me Oops, Britney and Glory would be the trinity :hipney: But I think even the worst of her albums (Blackout) deserved a proper tour and promotion and everything. For me, the one that was paid dust was Circus, because the Circus tour should've been called the In the Zone / Blackout tour instead. Most of the Circus tracks were just ignored. POM still has lots of ITZ and Blackout songs, so in that aspect I don't think they were treated that bad. And of course Britney Jean deserved more love and attention too. Glory as well.

52 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Blackout had 3 videos. BTI being the best of them. Let's not pretend BTI doesn't count as a video, because it actually got a lot of airplay at least here in Latin America. It's not like Kill the Lights which was only uplaoded to VEVO and never made it to TV.

And I don't know, for me Oops, Britney and Glory would be the trinity :hipney: But I think even the worst of her albums (Blackout) deserved a proper tour and promotion and everything. For me, the one that was paid dust was Circus, because the Circus tour should've been called the In the Zone / Blackout tour instead. Most of the Circus tracks were just ignored. POM still has lots of ITZ and Blackout songs, so in that aspect I don't think they were treated that bad. And of course Britney Jean deserved more love and attention too. Glory as well.

Gerl stop, BTI doesn't count the video helped the single bomb even worse.

Kill the lights was released for fun, we had hits on Circus, #1 single, great videos so your point goes down the toilet hun.

Circus tour should've stayed the way it was title wise, it was about promoting the new album Circus, and adding in songs from Blackout, and other previous albums.

Your taste seems odd.

:byebitch:

There is no third in her trinity yet. Glory needs to stand the test of time.

On that note, Glory has it's clunkers. (Private Show, What You Need, Clumsy)

Blackout has 0 fillers (including bonus tracks) and still sounds just as fresh today.

In the Zone has no skippable tracks as well, perhaps Brave New Girl as a last resort. Honestly, it sounds really out of place on the album.

2 hours ago, IconicShow said:

Gerl stop, BTI doesn't count the video helped the single bomb even worse.

Kill the lights was released for fun, we had hits on Circus, #1 single, great videos so your point goes down the toilet hun.

Circus tour should've stayed the way it was title wise, it was about promoting the new album Circus, and adding in songs from Blackout, and other previous albums.

Your taste seems odd.

:byebitch:

Well, BTI peaked higher than Radar which had "a decent" video, and many other singles including Slumber Party. From GM to POM, if she dared to shoot a third video under the circumstances of her life at the moment, and considering GM was bad, and POM was way worse, it would've been the end of her career. They should've just postponed the Blackout promo for later.

Independently of BTI's success though, or if Britney fans like anime or not, it's silly not to count BTI video as a video. I mean, wtf it is supposed to be then? The 30 seconds of Outrageous, that's not a videoclip. The half a song that was animated for Kill the Lights, that's not a music video either. The Private Show ad, Anticipating from DWADT released as a promo single in some countries, etc, those don't count as music videos, but BTI is as music video as Toxic or BOMT or GM or any other. 

And The Circus Tour, I liked it and such, but it did everything but promote the Circus album. She just performed the singles that everybody already knew and Mannequin in some dates.

• BOMT:
    • ...Baby One More Time
  • Britney:
    • I'm a Slave 4 U
    • Boys
  • ITZ:
    • Me Against the Music
    • Toxic
    • Everytime
    • Breathe on Me
    • Touch of My Hand
  • GH:
    • Do Somethin'
  • BO:
    • Piece of Me
    • Radar
    • Ooh Ooh Baby
    • Hot as Ice
    • Freakshow
    • Get Naked (I Got a Plan)
    • * Break the Ice Interlude
    • * Gimme More Interlude
  • Circus:
    • Womanizer
    • Circus
    • If U Seek Amy
    • Mannequin (select dates)

So yeah, I do think the tour served more to promote Blackout rather than Circus. And in POM residency is the same, ITZ and Blackout are the albums with the most songs performed, so I think for the common fan, I mean, most of you who think these albums are the best, shouldn't exist any complain in this aspect, because these albums always get more performances than the others. At the time of their respective releases, probably Britney's life and career were going through some messy times, so she didn't give them the promotion or attention they deserved at the moment, but in later years she did it one way or another, in some sort of retroactive fashion.

Every album shes done is amazing... but my holy trinity has always been Oops, Britney and ITZ and now Glory is there to fight for its place, lol... but at the same time, one week Circus can be a fav of mine and the week after that its BOMT, it depends on what mood im in and so on.

BUT Oops is the one album that ALWAYS is in my holy trinity, its PERFECT... those vocals :foh: i will never get how its always end up in the bottom  of many peoples lists, its so underrated and some havent even listen to it in full, like:byebitch:

4 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:queenriri:

Archived