The "Clumsy" Slander

ITZFFGL

Long time lurker here.

Why does the majority of the Army seem to hate Clumsy?

It's one of the critics' highlights of Glory. Britney sounds so alive and perky in the verses, her vocals are absolutely beautiful and present. She is SINGING. The pre chorus is infectious and the callback climax to "oops" is brilliant. A lot of you insult the drop, but let's not act like Closer was not #1 for 258296528 weeks with its BASIC production. 

The song is one of the only tracks on Glory that is undeniably Britney Spears: a pop banger.

Why are so many of you against it? Like when did you guys start kidding yourselves that people want mid tempo slow jams like Just Luv Me from Britney? I'm so confused.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Diamond Horse

Clumsy is totally my jam,it is so energy-giving. At first I didnt like it as much, but then I suddenly heard it again, the right way I guess and now I have many positive memories with it. And I have forgotten all the other memories, only the best.

Ok:

1) Don't ever come for JLM.

2) Clumsy is ok.  It's not a song I ever listen to when listening to Glory but it's ok. The production is horrible and it sounds dated. Britney delivers vocally but I don't actually like the throwback to "oops". Chipmunkney needs to die with Glory.  She sounds amazing in her lower register e.g MM, Invitation,  JLM,  Mood Ring (:tiffanycries:)  I love MR more than anything, incase you didn't know.... 

I like Clumsy.   It reminds me a lot of Levels by Nick Jonas.  Which in the era of let's just throw people on to a Glory track, I assumed that her team would throw him on a remix and hope the people like it.  Though I would not be mad about watching our girl grind all over that hot piece of man Nick Jonas.  

39 minutes ago, jokobitch said:

Beat drop ruins the song.

37 minutes ago, Kevney said:

It's just dated and does not fit on the album sonically. it's very britney jean. :brityes: 

This, this, and it simply has no chorus.

The verses are fire, until the BJ-reject "drop" - could have been a great song, ended up just an OK song

Maybe it's an Australian music obsession at the moment but songs like 'Clumsy' just won't stay away from our radio and clubs. The dirty bass drop gets people fu*ked up and her vocals during the verses and pre chorus are so **** and powerful/ gospel like :foh:

Every single person I've played it to while in my car (I have an amp and subwoofer) goes off, it's even got my straight male friends fu*ked up. People are instantly hooked with chanting the "HEYYYY CLUMSAYYY!" hook too :cinderellaney:

Like I said though, Australia is still obsessed with house/ drum and bass and dirty bass songs, so it's probably an AUS thing. :ponderney:

Archived