Remember When Private Show Commercial Got Out And We Thought The Era Was Up To An Amazing Start?

Nando.

I just remembered the feeling of it yesterday

it was so good

she had been killing it at the vegas show, her body was to die for, ever since the purple hair collor she was incredible. Then the commercial for private show got out and she was PRIMENEY all over it. Her face her expressions her self loving in the mirror. And the song had amazing vocals as well. We started to expect glory a lot more. Then MM music video really killed it.

This made me think that, as fans, we should start seeing her eras a little bit differently. we always think of the era after the album gets released. But Britney was "feeling" the material, loving it and feeling "glorious" really while she was working on it. Remember the tweet about just love me? If we think this way, glory felt amazing. Im glad that for Britney, that means glory, the studio sessions and her happiness overall.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tbh between the glimpses we got at what we could've possibly had for the Glory era, I blame her team, all of them. Britney has invested, and gave us some of her best choreo in years with SP. We just had these god awful breaks between things or completely underwhelming events. Make Me was released, but they didnt' talk about it for a week because they stuck to their original plans. The video we wont talk about. Glory leaked due to bad planning, they didn't release it, they waited. Slumber Party is released, they dont mention it until the festivals come around.

Why did Vegas and Glory have to happen at the same time?

To me,honestly,the stas of an album don't matter as much as the feelings and the sound behind it and for Britney i think this has been the most soulful and honest album she's ever done.In a sense,it was all her,not just the people behind the scene trying to figure out her sound as well but it was her who came up with most of the sounds,concepts,lyrics and other quirks.She was able to be hands on with her album and make it a project of her dreams,it's something i can appriciate as a fan much more than sales.

I genuinely thought they'd learned the lessons from the Bethany Lame era.

In fairness we DID get a skit on Jimmy Fallon, LIVE FUKKING VOCALS on Carpool Karaoke, a performance at the VMAs, epic VMA promo (better than the performance, sadly), UK promo tour, Jonathan Ross performance and interview (albeit with the c-ship talk cut, but SHE DID TALK ABOUT IT - PROGRESS!!!!), Today Show performances of DYWTCO and MM and a short interview AND Britney killed the female host in the surfing bit, which was hilarious! Britney also did some radio interviews and she performed at a few festivals. She also performed MM, DYWCO and SP at POM. 

I realise lots of the promo focused on VEGAS, but in fairness we got a lot more Glory promo than we had for BJ, which was non existent. 

Just a shame SP got released without ANY support from RCA and Britney. What did they expect it to do? Tinsha isn't Rihanna - her 2 fans aren't going to make SP happen. Rihanna fans MAY HAVE, but not Tinasha - as lovely and talented as she is - her fan base isn't there. 

Archived