JLo perfectly describes what album sales mean now & it relates to Britney!

Onyx1126

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, justkeepdoingit said:

"make me..." probably still sold more than "ain't your mama" - no matter how big it was in europe. the US is a bigger market than all of europe combined.

yes but in europe you can hear Ain't Your Mama like every 20 minutes and you can see the video everyday, the people knows the words and even the choreo... Never heard make me on the radio.

5 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

yes but in europe you can hear Ain't Your Mama like every 20 minutes and you can see the video everyday, the people knows the words and even the choreo... Never heard make me on the radio.

idk where in europe you live, but i've heard "make me..." (and even some album tracks) on german radio. and i rarely listen to radio.

but yeah, they don't play her a lot. 

Just now, justkeepdoingit said:

idk where in europe you live, but i've heard "make me..." (and even some album tracks) on german radio. and i rarely listen to radio.

I'm from Italy and I have some frinds in London and they told me the same... The last Britney song I heard was Scream & Shout and if we don't wanna count the duet it was Womanizer

3 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

I'm from Italy and I have some frinds in London and they told me the same... The last Britney song I heard was Scream & Shout and if we don't wanna count the duet it was Womanizer

yet "glory" hit #1 in italy. when will j.lo's albums? :trash:

btw, that's bullshit. FF singles were played constantly on german radio (and germany is a bigger music market than the UK).

58 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

If Britney had a better team/label and JLO's work ethic and didn't get hits then no one would be complaining to this degree. Britney's lack of chart success is directly impacted by bad deacons/rookie mistakes and laziness. 

If Britney had JLo's work ethic, her kids would probably barely see her which is the opposite of what Britney wants

I do know what you mean though

6 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

You acted like she didnt do ****, it might not be Katy Perry level promo but this era she did more than the BJ era and everything that the fans has bitched about ever since she started vegas. She put her full effort into making a good album because thats where her strenght is, being a creative artist. After years of being over exposed and constantly in the media, why is it so bad that she chose now to remain low key? She released a great album, she did some promo, she appeared on magazines with flawless cover shoots, and performed on televised tv, did tv interviews while being extremely comfortable and her old cute self yet all that is not enough. Why is everything has to be glass half full? Shes made a lot of progress and over time she is getting more comfortable with herself. 

I

They promoted Vegas mostly so it was not good promo for Glory And it shows.

They aren't going to keep putting money into an unsuccessful artist. That is why we aren't getting more singles. It will only dwindle more if nothingness is done.

A reinvention is the only thing Britney really needs... she has proved herself enough times and let's be real, none of her recent albums bring ANYTHING new to the table (although Glory had some quirky ones I guess). The media keeps making every single one of her new albums a *BRITNEYS BIG COMEBACK* even if she hasn't really left like she said herself... I understand that making money is a priority for record labels but c'mon, there are some artists that deserve to make music that THEY 100% want, why can Gaga do it and Britney can't?:snapney:  

9 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

We probably wont get music like it again because of how it charted. Because she didn't care to try and help it. 

*****, she performed like 5 festivals and was on many television shows, she even went to Europe, things she wouldn't do for any other CD since Circus. Blame her management for making a series of awful decisions that killed any chance Glory had, beginning with the Make Me video fiasco and the lack of creative effort on her VMA's performances.  :staysalty:

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

They promoted Vegas mostly so it was not good promo for Glory And it shows.

They aren't going to keep putting money into an unsuccessful artist. That is why we aren't getting more singles. It will only dwindle more if nothingness is done.

See I don't think the label has a problem with her, they practically got her and her songs for free, her back catalogues are valuable so as long as POM continues, they'll keep getting residuals. I'm not saying that its a pass for team britney but its not a secret that albums don't sell that well anymore and that its mainly used as a    platform for things like a tour and stuff which is why live nation doesn't give a damn about getting any cuts from the album sales and gives complete freedom to them because all the money is in licensing and touring which POM is like her tour so I can understand why they are putting more attention to that just like when she didnt had vegas they would automatically be touring right now.  

I have hope things will get better because shes still young and have more to offer, vegas isnt gonna be forever and I think at this stage she deserves a little "normal" life that she had always dreamed up. When shes ready, she'll step up with full force but give it time. She'll never retire and over the years she kinda proved that and I'm in it for the ride.

2 hours ago, Doug said:

*****, she performed like 5 festivals and was on many television shows, she even went to Europe, things she wouldn't do for any other CD since Circus. Blame her management for making a series of awful decisions that killed any chance Glory had, beginning with the Make Me video fiasco and the lack of creative effort on her VMA's performances.  :staysalty:

Promoted POM but okay...

• Super Mods
2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

Promoted POM but okay...

So people bitched that if only she took POM on the road, that would be great because most cant afford to go to vegas so when she does, she still gets damned because its not a new show but basically a tour version of POM. Its like she never wins.  :weirdmeout:

Archived