Did the GP like Britney's BBMA performance?

celebration2009

yes and no... The fans loved it but the GP had a lot to say: playback, too ****, she can't dance, she was the worst of the night; you can downvote me if you don't wanna see the truth but all the comments are under the pictures of the performance on facebook. People said "Justin is a better singer and a better dancer, britney looks like a robot, she can't dance" "she was the only prformer with the mic off" "she is naked on stage because she can't dance or sing"

I loved the performance and the media loved it too but don't act like the world loved it because it's not true, the comments weren't that good.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The press was positive. I don't think the GP in general cared very much. They'd probably admit she looke great but I saw nothing on social media about it and no one at work/college were talking about it. Sums up the Glory era tbh well received but only by a small group of fans :meltdown:

The work ***** part was criticised for being stiff. I wish she did the floor part so bad.

2 hours ago, nevermind said:

you think wrong :staysalty:

it was (almost) universally praised. :snapney:

Um no it wasn't I remember reading the comments of the performance on youtube,facebook,twitter (ignoring the pop stans ofc) and they all were calling her out for lip syncing and stiff dancing. I remember the only thing they praised was her snatched body.

I don't agree with that, but it is what it is.

Also, media reception doesn't equal public's opinion

Guest Diamond Horse
42 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

I remember...

- too ******

- lip-snching

- gaining weight

- doesn't dance well

Yeah, I guess (almost/) none of it is too surprising but what??  Doesn't dance well? Just leave the Internet!

2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

but then she didn't bring it, so that sucked

i never ever understood this logic

I thought she conquered the VMA stage with conviction. Was it the performance we all anticipated? No, we all expected 50 dancers, fire, wind, 2 glory tracks, a gorilla and then some.

but she did serve looks, high energy, fluid and was beautiful. 

14 minutes ago, Arnold. said:

i never ever understood this logic

I thought she conquered the VMA stage with conviction. Was it the performance we all anticipated? No, we all expected 50 dancers, fire, wind, 2 glory tracks, a gorilla and then some.

but she did serve looks, high energy, fluid and was beautiful. 

That's why it's my opinion and I'm entitled to have one different than yours. You thought she had high energy? Great. I don't go crazy over her being able to simply stay on beat and move in sync with her dancers. She's a performer. It's expected. And yes, we all wanted a typical Britney VMA performance because they hyped it up to be something spectacular and memorable with that promo video. It was neither. From the obvious lipsynching, to G-Eazy forgetting his line or coming in too soon on his verse, to the awkward moment where it looked like he wanted to kiss her but she didn't want to, to her doing a random song that had nothing to do with her recently released album, the performance was a let down to me. She could have saved that for the AMAs. Not the VMAs, a show she's supposed to be a queen of. And no one is still talking about that performance so it didn't make that much an impact, which sucks. Again, my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Arnold. said:

:frenchy: 

no one's taking your opinion away or labeling it wrong.

simply stating that she was 'primney' without the production. 

And I respect your opinion, but primeney never had a problem commanding a stage. She almost looked like a feature for the G-Eazy show that night. If they wanted something toned down, she should have done an acoustic set with just a mic and piano. That would have been unexpected and would have had ppl talking if she sang in her natural register. 

58 minutes ago, Hypnotherapy said:

The press was positive. I don't think the GP in general cared very much. They'd probably admit she looke great but I saw nothing on social media about it and no one at work/college were talking about it. Sums up the Glory era tbh well received but only by a small group of fans :meltdown:

The work ***** part was criticised for being stiff. I wish she did the floor part so bad.

This pretty much sums it up :janet:

1 hour ago, NoNeedForSuit&Tie said:

Yeah, I guess (almost/) none of it is too surprising but what??  Doesn't dance well? Just leave the Internet!

the comments back in 2000-2004 were no different than the ones now

except that there wasn't social media

i think the GP enjoyed it  - one of the world's biggest pop stars looking hot AF performing some of her biggest hits. it was a big production performance, her costumes were great and she looked sick. 

however, it wasn't memorable for the GP. there wasn't one thing that stood to make everyone talk about it (like the snake, the kiss, the striptease, ect.)

Archived