Director Nigel **** breaks down in tears while describing what it was like on the set of "Oops!...I Did It Again"

justkeepdoingit

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's such a nice guy... and it's so sad he saw this already so early in her career.  I'm glad she's a survivor and raised above it all.  It's so sad when stars who go through similar fall of the face of the earth and end up dead or unstable at such young ages.  Britney is one of the few who's truly stronger, and I feel that being drama-free and humble really plays a big part of it as well.  (i.e. not feeling the need to do things simply for attention and making that your purpose in life... like other celebs do).

On 2/21/2017 at 3:45 AM, DoSomething954 said:

I'm not sure I quite get what he is saying. He felt bad for her because she was recording a video and had a lot of ppl around? Isn't that what an album roll-out is like... hectic? How is that different from other artists at the time?

If you were alive back next or even look on YouTube, everything was back to back for her, and almost every job she was doing was being recorded for a special, documentary or behind the scenes show. The only time she ever had privacy was most likely in her own room back then.

No one was recorded for that much back then. Not even Christina or Jessica, who were also female solo acts back then.

On 2/21/2017 at 1:45 PM, DoSomething954 said:

I'm not sure I quite get what he is saying. He felt bad for her because she was recording a video and had a lot of ppl around? Isn't that what an album roll-out is like... hectic? How is that different from other artists at the time?

I think he means along the lines of, he saw the amount of pressure she was under especially for her age. While yeah most artists have a group of people that go with them, but Britney was over worked (from back in Oops era). He just meant that it was a lot (and heartbreaking) for him to see a young girl (19) being bombarded with so much. I think they were shooting an MTV Diary during her filming of Oops (he might be referring to that). Plus having spoken to her (during the recording of BOMT) he saw that how simple she was and in comparison he probably realized this is a lot for her too handle.

This is just my assumption (analysis) I could be completely wrong!

Archived