Unpopular opinion - don't chase hits, weirdney instead

DJSLAYZEE

Glory is a great step in the direction she needs to head in, even if it "flopped". She is a legend and always experimented, now its time to push herself creatively again. Glory was like testing the waters and a bandaid for the last couple years. Hopefully her team takes this as a lesson again!  Adjust to the new music landscape and not promoting so much which means taking full advantage of the time she is out. Quality > Quantity, so next time come with a thought out plan. I don't think they wanted it to be like this but it's also on everyone for handling it the way they did. 

I mean if you have to pick the first two singles and record the videos early so you don't have to worry about it last minute. Cross promote with all the side businesses 

So... make whatever the hell she want as long as its something she wanna do :) . The music is good, its just how you present it. 

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

she could experiment but still try to get a hit cause honestly she needs one at this point

the problem with britney is that usually she hops on trends that are dated, glory was a great record but it was inspired by what Selena gomez had released a year earlier, and used some of the writers that had worked on justin bieber's hits from a year earlier as well, it was a great record but honestly she should also do what she does best and release some uptempo music, for example, make me wasnt the right song to come back to the vmas stage after 9 years of being absent from it, people were expecting a performance with lots of dancing and just a bigger show but she gave us the complete opposite, i still loved the performance BUT it wasnt the performance that she needed to do for the vmas and that is why it gets undeserved hate from the public and from some of her fans even tho it honestly was a good perfromance 

2 hours ago, SexyJeans said:

Also I'm tired of thinking about what the gp would like as a single before what the fans would rather have as a single

Because what's the point if the gp doesn't care anyways

They'll literally take whatever if its presented well. Like shattered glass could've been a hit cause it charted and that was a experimental album track. Toxic still stands out to this day

37 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I obviously want her to experiment but she need to at least try to get a hit or the budget will decreased to mariah Carey type videos for every video. 

Quanity does equal quality in THe long run 

Of course. I'm obviously all for big hits but don't let that become so much that it hijacks the era (FF/BJ) or solely for the hits. Then you become Jason derulo,JLO and Mimi (who can def do better than she is now). Get the big guns but they should give her their best and take  risks 

Look at the tracks/albums Britney has been passionate about- those became Britney classics (blackout/toxic, womanizer). Glory had 16 other songs to choose from- something would've sparked

:queenriri: and not just with her own music. Sing a hook on a rappers song (Missy/G-Eazy for example), one of those diva collabs like lady marmalade, more DJ collabs, write for someone else so you get that coin, get on a soundtrack- just shake it up!

24 minutes ago, BraveGraphics said:

She got a great music taste (Look at Blackout, Glory & ITZ)

the girl knows what it takes to release good music, so I'm preaching this thread so much RN :byebitch:

The biggest problem is the marketing. They mess up release dates, don't make announcements or try to build up any hype. They blew the whole era with the Make Me video. IF they play everything perfectly she can get at least one hit. They were just lucky enough people like Make Me because the video was bad and there wasn't nearly enough airplay to compensate for the lack of views. I think Britney should always experiment because that's just her best lane. We get the best material when she experiments. Not announcing Slumber Party and releasing both versions as singles on iTunes and Spotify was a mistake. Other lesser artists do it all the time. I also don't want anymore collabs. 

4 minutes ago, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

The biggest problem is the marketing. They mess up release dates, don't make announcements or try to build up any hype. They blew the whole era with the Make Me video. IF they play everything perfectly she can get at least one hit. They were just lucky enough people like Make Me because the video was bad and there wasn't nearly enough airplay to compensate for the lack of views. I think Britney should always experiment because that's just her best lane. We get the best material when she experiments. Not announcing Slumber Party and releasing both versions as singles on iTunes and Spotify was a mistake. Other lesser artists do it all the time. I also don't want anymore collabs. 

At least not for a while on her own stuff unless its a good one. On other people's/DJ then totally. G-eazy was decent but she has the worst luck with collabs since FF. Tinasha was cute but didn't really do much

I mean a lyric video or putting up something Vevo in the meantime (Do You Wanna for example) would've totally helped. So SP flopped there are 16 other songs. Its like letting a feast go rotten 

2 hours ago, David. said:

she could experiment but still try to get a hit cause honestly she needs one at this point

the problem with britney is that usually she hops on trends that are dated, glory was a great record but it was inspired by what Selena gomez had released a year earlier, and used some of the writers that had worked on justin bieber's hits from a year earlier as well, it was a great record but honestly she should also do what she does best and release some uptempo music, for example, make me wasnt the right song to come back to the vmas stage after 9 years of being absent from it, people were expecting a performance with lots of dancing and just a bigger show but she gave us the complete opposite, i still loved the performance BUT it wasnt the performance that she needed to do for the vmas and that is why it gets undeserved hate from the public and from some of her fans even tho it honestly was a good perfromance 

THIS. 

There are many songs from 2015/2016 that I wish Britney did but it's a little too late since everyone did it. Especially Selena and Justin, their records were great! Fifth Harmony had amazing songs too. I'm also obsessed with Don't Let Me Down, One Dance, Ain't Your Mama etc. People love these songs. Britney needs a song that everybody would LOVE. At least ONE song. 

Plus, just because something is experimental doesn't mean it can't be a hit. She should experiment, but come up with something catchy that people will eat up. She needs to get back on top of the charts :staysalty:

Agree 100%... and honestly, Britney was at her best when she wasn't chasing hits. Toxic, Piece of Me... How I Roll (should have been a single!), Glory honestly felt as if she wasn't chasing hits... they just chose a poor first single and released a terrible video... 

I wish they would try and release a few more, like Rihanna used to do. Glory has tons of potential. Sigh.

6 hours ago, Mohd93 said:

THIS. 

There are many songs from 2015/2016 that I wish Britney did but it's a little too late since everyone did it. Especially Selena and Justin, their records were great! Fifth Harmony had amazing songs too. I'm also obsessed with Don't Let Me Down, One Dance, Ain't Your Mama etc. People love these songs. Britney needs a song that everybody would LOVE. At least ONE song. 

Plus, just because something is experimental doesn't mean it can't be a hit. She should experiment, but come up with something catchy that people will eat up. She needs to get back on top of the charts :staysalty:

Well I want hits too. That's what I was saying. Aim high but the quality of the album/song/video is gonna have big expectations after BJ and Glory. I mean glory is a good start but like come with a plan and no ***** given for B10. Ppl are extra hard on her cause she's practically 20 years in

But I have faith in Britney! I think she trust herself with music again so give her the heavy hitters :) 

5 hours ago, wholenewway said:

Agree 100%... and honestly, Britney was at her best when she wasn't chasing hits. Toxic, Piece of Me... How I Roll (should have been a single!), Glory honestly felt as if she wasn't chasing hits... they just chose a poor first single and released a terrible video... 

I wish they would try and release a few more, like Rihanna used to do. Glory has tons of potential. Sigh.

Yeah of 18 songs something would catch.  

I'm with you I 100% don't care about charts or numbers, I love glory I want darkney, balladney, and weirdney all the way. Don't get me wrong it'd be awesome if Britney was number 1 for weeks but if she's not I honestly could not care less what impresses me is her talent and her passion. In the end all I want is for her to love her music 

Archived