Is This Brits Most Respected Song?

Black_Out

Toxic. It won her a grammy, Ive heard more covers of that song by her than any others, Will praised it in their interview. I think it was artistically mature lyrically, yet commercial sounding pop. I dont think ive met a single person to say they dont like that song either lol. What do you think?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, "Toxic" is her most respected song.  It is her most acclaimed / praised recording, its considered a modern classic, its covered and used regularly, its her only song that won a Grammy, it made every critics list for best songs of the decade, its probably the most universally liked song from her among the GP.

so yep, she never reached this level with any other song, "Toxic" is to Britney what "Beautiful" is to Xtina or what "Crazy in love" is to Beyonce. "Baby one more time" is her only other song close to his level and it was for sure a miles bigger song than "Toxic", but BOMT is more about Pop Cultural impact, Iconicness and Pop classic status while "Toxic" is definately superior in terms of respect and acclaim. 

Archived