February 20th and There's no Signs of Life - R.I.P. Glory

Luminous

:meltdown:

:meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown:

Will be like this until she stop

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

The other day I spoke to my half cousin, who lives in America and always bumps into Larry when jogging and my half cousin is also a big Britney fan so he always tries to get info out of Larry and the other day he bumped into Larry and asked him if Glory would yield any more singles and Larry told him,

"Slumber Party didn't do what we or the label expected of it and so plans for 5 singles from the album were scrapped, but Britney really wants to release What You Need as a single and so we'll probably release that as a single from the next album in the same way we released Radar during the Circus era even though it had been on Blackout. Britney just loves certain songs, but we don't want it to do badly so we'll try to release it during a successful era not during a difficult era like the Glory era." 

#SlayMyExclusive

:zoomzoom:

Sure :orangu:

Why is that with almost all Britney era when her song flop her team would automatically/ completely stop releasing other singles?

Unlike other stars like Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry when one of their singles flop or under performed they would still continue releasing singles after singles until they get a hit. Why can't Team Britney do the same. 

3 hours ago, Rico. said:

I did (and still do?) have hope cause she gave us SO MUCH this era.

The major issues were 1) the MM video, that did not help the song.

2) The fact that MM was not a hit when they released the album so it had no hit to support it.

3) the fact that even though she gave us more and better performances than in the past 4 eras, they never really focused on Glory.

Slumber Party could have rekindled the era if the performances were aired and if it wasn't a pointless duet

The major issue was not releasing Do You Wanna Come Over? as the lead single :lessons:

No matter what people say now, at the time of its release it was the one that got the most positive reactions of all of the promo singles, and some weeks after the SP video came out, it was still the second most played song from Glory on Spotify. Even if it was true that there's lots of songs on the album that are better than DYWCO (which isn't true) it would've been a great way to introduce us and the GP to the album, and then it would've been like, "hey, did you think that was the best from Glory? listen to this other 17 tracks now".

Also, I appreciate the fact that they teased us with those promo singles, I just think it wasn't the best idea to show us the worst ones (Private Show, Clumsy). I mean, in some way it makes sense, saving the best for the last. But in this case I think it was more hurtful. They should've released the real singles before the album, and just a few weeks before the release, show us those promo singles. If any, Private Show should've been the only one, for the fragrance, and the ad should've had the whole song, as a music video, without being an official single.

They really tried to do different things this era, like the VMA's performance, etc, things that we've been wanting since Circus perhaps, I just think they didn't do it the right way. Out of all of the singles she's released since GM (which had been the last song performed at the VMA's) I think MM is the least one I expected to be performed at the VMA's. It just didn't make any sense. It so didn't make sense that they had to mix it with another song, and another mistake was remixing with a none-Britney song, having other 17 tracks to choose from.

And we can keep going on, but I just hate that they give up so easily. They take decisions that are clearly not the best ones, and instead of trying to fix their errors releasing something else that could probably have a better fate, they just completely scrap everything else.

9 minutes ago, Xhesiko said:

Why is that with almost all Britney era when her song flop her team would automatically/ completely stop releasing other singles?

Unlike other stars like Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry when one of their singles flop or under performed they would still continue releasing singles after singles until they get a hit. Why can't Team Britney do the same. 

that's always my main complain

Even the Britney era had the most singles, and they weren't that successful. I think the change in the record label is what really makes the difference. They just don't support her as the old record label did.

Just now, PokemonSpears said:

that's always my main complain

Even the Britney era had the most singles, and they weren't that successful. I think the change in the record label is what really makes the difference. They just don't support her as the old record label did.

The difference is that they have sales on the album to back up the singles. Bri no matter how much it pains me, does not. We need a controversy or scandal.

6 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

like the original MM video? :mybodyisready:

That ! exactly yes or doing something really brave. I miss her doing fearless ****, the kiss or the snake.

I would love for her to sing the bridge of work ***** and have clips and moments of her life in the background the good and the meltdown

"Hold your head high
Fingers to the sky
They gon' try to try ya
But they can't deny ya
Keep it building higher and higher "

4 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

The other day I spoke to my half cousin, who lives in America and always bumps into Larry when jogging and my half cousin is also a big Britney fan so he always tries to get info out of Larry and the other day he bumped into Larry and asked him if Glory would yield any more singles and Larry told him,

"Slumber Party didn't do what we or the label expected of it and so plans for 5 singles from the album were scrapped, but Britney really wants to release What You Need as a single and so we'll probably release that as a single from the next album in the same way we released Radar during the Circus era even though it had been on Blackout. Britney just loves certain songs, but we don't want it to do badly so we'll try to release it during a successful era not during a difficult era like the Glory era." 

I'm laughing so hard right now.

The irony of it all. 

1 hour ago, alexdaily said:

Seriously is there something else besides Vegas to look forward this year? :whitneyshade:

Her iconic IG posts :saycheese:

Her iconic outfits :saycheese:

Her iconic messy buns :saycheese:

Her iconic break up from Slutty Sam and the predictable talk of "The best thing about breaking up with your boyfriend is being able to sleep with as many men as you want whenever you feel *****!!" at Piece Of Me just after she's performed Slave 4 U and just before she says "I need my girls..." :saycheese:

Hold on tite, B Army - 2017 is going to be a year to remember :quirkney:

4 hours ago, Oliver T said:

I think this era has become some kind of a "ok everything's back on track, let's just use Glory as some kind of "warning sign" and perform a lot to prepare for a possible world tour next year to support B10" era.

I agree. Like a warm up. Mariah had a mediocre album after Glitter flopped then came w a bang with Emancipation of Mimi

7 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

#SlayMyExclusive

Erm is this for real?

If so i can't believe this. Glory had 5 singles planned and scrapped? I think things would have been different had DYWCO been the 2nd single instead of Slumber Party, in fact we could have had single 3 if that had happened... releasing Slumber Party as the 2nd single was a bad move imo.

What You Need wouldn't work as a single though. Not at all. 

9 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

#SlayMyExclusive

I GOT WHAT YOU WANT, I GOT WHAT YOU :orangu: NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED :quirkney:

Archived