The Official 'Britney Ever After' Discussion Post

Jordan Miller

I think her parents divorcing probably shattered the idea of marriage she always had. If you've always wanted to get married and that was your blueprint growing up, to have that gone as well as your long-term relationship (where you wanted to marry the guy) end can make you feel some type of way. But it is also contradictory to her dad being a bad person because if he was so bad (alcoholic, etc.) she should have been happy her mom was finally getting away. Idk, it's confusing. 

And I never felt like they milked her. It was her dream to be a performer and she always wanted it. Parents can't give you dreams and force you to do them well into adulthood. Especially since it doesn't seem like they did that with their other kids. They could have forced JLynn back to work after she had Maddie if they just were money hungry parents. Britney wanted thi life and wasn't prepared for the harshness of it. If anything, they probably shielded her too much, which made her act out even more. 

I didn't watch the whole movie, but it made her seem really boy crazy and didn't focus enough on her career and how smart she is as a business person. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i gave it a chance but even I cringed at how mindless they made britney look during the baby era, and i couldn't stand how they made her look like she was unable to think for herself throughout the entire movie, like she always depended on a man and how she was so hung up on Justin even during the blackout era

they made justin look bad but even then i still felt like it was all in favor of him, making him look like the good guy and how Justin could've saved her from all of this :nothavingit:

2 hours ago, DoSomething954 said:

I think her parents divorcing probably shattered the idea of marriage she always had. If you've always wanted to get married and that was your blueprint growing up, to have that gone as well as your long-term relationship (where you wanted to marry the guy) end can make you feel some type of way. But it is also contradictory to her dad being a bad person because if he was so bad (alcoholic, etc.) she should have been happy her mom was finally getting away. Idk, it's confusing. 

And I never felt like they milked her. It was her dream to be a performer and she always wanted it. Parents can't give you dreams and force you to do them well into adulthood. Especially since it doesn't seem like they did that with their other kids. They could have forced JLynn back to work after she had Maddie if they just were money hungry parents. Britney wanted thi life and wasn't prepared for the harshness of it. If anything, they probably shielded her too much, which made her act out even more. 

I didn't watch the whole movie, but it made her seem really boy crazy and didn't focus enough on her career and how smart she is as a business person. 

I feel like her parents would've definitely milked Jamie Lynn some more after having nadie it's just that no one was checking for her and she'll always be known as Britney's little sister aka the girl who ruined Zoey 101 even though it wasn't her fault at all. 

But I do get why Britney is always with a new man she still probably has faith she'll find a man who genuinely loves her for who she is :crying11:

the casting of kfed was the only positive. 

the film just had a sad connotation throughout it all. there were no positive messages, there were no positive outcomes, no build up to how huge of a star she became. It was all just one's view on britney's dating life. but really no positive outcome....despite replicating the 2008 FTR, they made her out to be so negative 'behind the scenes' towards her life - she's just coasting by. 

but aside from all of that, i really want to know the screenwriter and ask him or her why every word out of Justin's mouth was cringe, cheesy and just stupid.

I think she was pushed into fame too young. It might have been her dream to be a performer but she should not have been put into the spotlight before she was ready (i.e. when 18 and finished high school). It seems to be relatively common for child stars to have a breakdown when they become adults because they just can't cope with the pressures of fame. Britney has never known a normal life since she has been in the spotlight from an early age. Look at Miley Cyrus and her antics once she left Disney. The guy who played Kevin in Home Alone I think had a breakdown too. I sometimes think children should not be in the entertainment business. Let them have a normal childhood and focus on school (while also doing auditions behind the scenes) and then when they're ready they can enter the spotlight.

• 3 years later...

Archived