The Official 'Britney Ever After' Discussion Post

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why didn't the movie show how hard Britney worked as a teenager? Nothing about how much she loved performing. Nothing about her struggle for creative control or her work ethic behind albums like ITZ. I understand that Britney had a weakness for finding love, but they made it look like she only cared about boys and her job was just a footnote.

And dear god, I didn't think the acting was going to be THIS bad even for a Lifetime movie. They made everyone so corny and unlikable. The only person I could warm up to was Larry.

P.S. I heard the actress deleted her social media. I hope she's okay. Please don't direct any hate towards her if and when she's back.

33 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Okay so....im finally watching, its been 10 min and im DYING. This is so embarrassing, for real :weirdmeout::embarrassney: 

and they make her look like some dumb blonde, whats up with that? And The guy who plays Justin, like :quirkney: I knew this was gonna be bad but damn... they shouldnt have done this in first place :byebitch:

You act as if Britney come across as this intelligent person LOL

3 minutes ago, Toxicboy07 said:

:sofedup::tiffeyeroll: She never came across anything like the actress did in this movie, don't try that nonsense. I'm not saying she is some intellectual genius but I always found her interviews to be endearing and genuine. Sometimes yes she may have come across as ditzy (which I know I most certainly also would if I was doing interviews in my teens and early 20s) but the way they portrayed her in this movie was a joke. It's only in newer interviews she doesn't come across well because anyone can see she has bad anxiety and quite frankly most likely doesn't want to be doing them. 

4 minutes ago, Toxicboy07 said:

Are you kidding? shes way more intelligent then it looks like in this movie... she looks obbsessed half the time and dumb the next. 

Britney is NOT like that, shes shy, goofy and funny... but she is not dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

:sofedup::tiffeyeroll: She never came across anything like the actress did in this movie, don't try that nonsense. I'm not saying she is some intellectual genius but I always found her interviews to be endearing and genuine. Sometimes yes she may have come across as ditzy (which I know I most certainly also would if I was doing interviews in my teens and early 20s) but the way they portrayed her in this movie was a joke. It's only in newer interviews she doesn't come across well because anyone can see she has bad anxiety and quite frankly most likely doesn't want to be doing them. 

thank you... :foh:

I watched the whole thing and yes it had its corny moments but this is a Lifetime movie what did you expect? Comparing to all the other celebrities life time movies this one is way better. Overall they did an OK job. They added a lot of things that actually happened in her life. Like how her family were struggling financially and depended on Britney's success. How her father was an abusive alcoholic. Her mother stated that many times and its the reason why she divorced him. They were on point with her relationship with Kevin and her struggles with Sam Lufti. They didn't portray everything the exact same way but they did a fair job. No one will play Britney 100 percent and this movie was not really done on a negative note. They actually wanted to tell a story of a successful artist that rose to fame and faced very difficult times but eventually overcame those battles and came back stronger than ever. For the general public this is a good thing. They didn't bash Britney. Its an admirable story. 

8 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Are you kidding? shes way more intelligent then it looks like in this movie... she looks obbsessed half the time and dumb the next. 

Britney is NOT like that, shes shy, goofy and funny... but she is not dumb. 

Did you not watch the reality show Chaotic??? This was uncensored and  not controlled by her team. The real Britney came out in that show. I'm not bashing her but its the reality that's how Britney is though. 

9 minutes ago, Toxicboy07 said:

I watched the whole thing and yes it had its corny moments but this is a Lifetime movie what did you expect? Comparing to all the other celebrities life time movies this one is way better. Overall they did an OK job. They added a lot of things that actually happened in her life. Like how her family were struggling financially and depended on Britney's success. How her father was an abusive alcoholic. Her mother stated that many times and its the reason why she divorced him. They were on point with her relationship with Kevin and her struggles with Sam Lufti. They didn't portray everything the exact same way but they did a fair job. No one will play Britney 100 percent and this movie was not really done on a negative note. They actually wanted to tell a story of a successful artist that rose to fame and faced very difficult times but eventually overcame those battles and came back stronger than ever. For the general public this is a good thing. They didn't bash Britney. Its an admirable story. 

the girl's acting is really bad....seriously. I wouldn't care if they added all the  bullshit from the tabloids but the way britney's being portrayed is insulting. she looks stupid the whole time. it's a parody of Britney's life instead of a biopic

and her fake accent makes her look even worse :jackk: 

Just now, kasavas said:

Just watched it. I liked it a lot, I even cried in 3 different scenes.

You guys were bashing it so hard that you made me think it'd be sooo awful and it wasn't.

Exactly they make it sound as if it was so horrible. It really isn't. Its not the best thing but they did ok. The general public enjoyed it so that says enough. 

3 minutes ago, Toxicboy07 said:

Did you not watch the reality show Chaotic??? This was uncensored and  not controlled by her team. The real Britney came out in that show. I'm not bashing her but its the reality that's how Britney is though. 

I really don't get your point, like Melinda said she was funny and goofy in that show. When I am goofing around with my friends I'm similar, we tell stupid jokes and talk crap, are they going to put in footage of her sitting there reading a book? It might not be influenced by her team but it's got to be entertaining. All I saw in the show was a young woman having fun. From someone who never had a proper childhood/teen years goofing around with friends I saw her letting off steam and having fun. You're going to decide someone is stupid off a 5 episode reality show...really? :mhmsureny:

Just now, Toxicboy07 said:

Exactly they make it sound as if it was so horrible. It really isn't. Its not the best thing but they did ok. The general public enjoyed it so that says enough. 

I know, right? Some scenes were wonderfully done and truly touching. Is it the best portrayal of her life? No. Does it deserve 3,9/10 on IMDb? No.

Archived