The Official 'Britney Ever After' Discussion Post

Jordan Miller

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, vdez83 said:

I almost wonder what Justin Timberlake will say once this is all said and done.  Will he come to Britney's defense if the breakup is portrayed wrong?  Will the whole breakup thing be probed in to again?  I know it is going to be spun to make her look like the bad guy, I just hope that he would have the balls to step up and at least say there were a lot of inaccuracies in the film. 

For that to happen Justin will have to watch it. Lol no way Jessica is going to let him near the tv come the 18th.

It seems like if there was anything that could be done about these movies Lifetime just wouldn't bother making them in the first place. They do these unauthorized bio pics all the time and the people the movie is about rarely seem thrilled but nothing ever gets done. I think they just have to be careful not to use copyrighted names/titles and music. At least this seems like a flattering one even if it will be cheesy and the actress seems like a sweetheart who thinks highly of Britney

15 hours ago, CrAzAY said:

Honestly the ratings prob won't be great and the only people who will watch are us Britney fans so I wouldn't worry much about it.

This

Why is everyone and their mother on exhale up in a hoo-ha over this, it will pass without making a dent.

Britney's image for GP is formed by the entirety of paparazzi photo's, vma performances and music video's they've continuously been exposed to for the last 18 years. This tv movie isn't going to change a damn thing about it.

17 hours ago, danny1994 said:

Actually, technically they can. "Britney Spears" is trademarked, so if they're using her name in a movie and profiting off it they can sue.

Wrong.

She's a public figure in a public domain. Anyone can make a movie about her without her blessing as long as it doesn't amount to defamation. If it does then she can sue. 

They can easily say it's a story based on the life of Britney...

2 hours ago, Chico101 said:

Wrong.

She's a public figure in a public domain. Anyone can make a movie about her without her blessing as long as it doesn't amount to defamation. If it does then she can sue. 

They can easily say it's a story based on the life of Britney...

Alright, whatever you say.

http://info.legalzoom.com/can-celebrities-trademark-names-23526.html

Anyway, most celebrities don't even bother suing because they're getting free publicity. If there's defamation that's another story.

On 16/02/2017 at 2:04 AM, me.against.the.b00ty said:

I'm going to use this thing called "sling" i have no clue what it us but its basically a free trial of online cable and lifetime is one of the channels (I'm in college and dont have a tv but I'm beyond determined to watch this):cooltshirt:

https://www.sling.com/?AID=12167793&PID=8234724&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.8234724&adid=12167793

i'm not from the us but thank you anyway

Guest Diamond Horse

Yes, a good thing there is a thread about it, I would like someone to find it for me, to think about it, I could find the wrong Lifetime channel.

Archived