Mona Lisa / Original Doll

la_land

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before people start saying that Jive Records kept her from releasing the album, let's all keep an open mind and realize that what Britney did is a big no no. You don't go release a song before the album is even done because chances are, the project may not ever get completed or surface. I'm sure they got halfway through the project, realized there wasn't a market for it and amidst her problems with Kevin at the time, it just got scrapped. She eventually started working on Blackout which came out a few years later.

2 hours ago, Britneybbhmm said:

I'm sorry I never understood the story about mona lisa...is she singing about this boring woman that looks like she had no fun in life? 

B6b_5JyCYAAIIkC.jpg

I personally love the persian version of mona-lisa tbh.

1 hour ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Mona Lisa's Brit's alter ego she had for 2 seconds, she directed Do Somethin under that alias.

Yeah it was her "Sasha Fierce" era. She made up an alter ego of herself around late 2004. I wish we could have seen the whole OD era with the character.

2 hours ago, TheVirtuoso said:

Looking back to this, as much as I LOVEEE Mona Lisa, it would flop SO hard tbh :plzexplain:

Original Doll would have flopped hard in general. Britney probably would have progressed a lot as an artist but at a huge cost to her career.

Back then artistic credibility wasn't so revered as it is now in the pop world.

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Original Doll would have flopped hard in general. Britney probably would have progressed a lot as an artist but at a huge cost to her career.

The first time I listened to Mona Lisa I was like :zoomzoom: but now it's one of my faves and especially that radio one that is really raw and has the original lyrics, I lovvvvvvvvvve it! I wouldn't have mind if it flopped tbh, it's so annoying to see people saying she has no talent blah blah when I think she really wanted to start being taken more seriously with this stuff :( I guess we wouldn't have Blackout otherwise, but I still want all of Original Doll and her talking about it, which will never happen now :wontcry: Hey since you know a lot about Britney's unreleased stuff, do you know if she wrote Mona Lisa alone? Thanks :) 

46 minutes ago, Slave4Brit88 said:

The first time I listened to Mona Lisa I was like :zoomzoom: but now it's one of my faves and especially that radio one that is really raw and has the original lyrics, I lovvvvvvvvvve it! I wouldn't have mind if it flopped tbh, it's so annoying to see people saying she has no talent blah blah when I think she really wanted to start being taken more seriously with this stuff :( I guess we wouldn't have Blackout otherwise, but I still want all of Original Doll and her talking about it, which will never happen now :wontcry: Hey since you know a lot about Britney's unreleased stuff, do you know if she wrote Mona Lisa alone? Thanks :) 

I hate when people call her untalented. I go crazy and start listing her critical accolades and link her raw demos. :NYsassy:

If she was untalented I wouldn't stan her the way I do. :cigney:

According to the writing credits for the final version, it was written by Britney, Teddy Campbell and David Kochanski.

The original demo was likely written by Britney herself since it has different lyrics to an extent that sound like her handiwork.

As for Original Doll, we have a good chunk of it. She only got about "halfway" done recording it. It's likely that she would have used some ITZ leftovers for the album. If we include the 2005 tracks as well as the ITZ leftovers done by Michelle Bell and Britney's favorites, we have a complete "Original Doll"-ish album.

Mona Lisa

Someday

Chaotic

Over to You Now

And Then We Kiss

Look Who's Talking Now

Sippin' On

Ouch

Peep Show

Welcome to Me

Money, Love and Happiness

Disguise My Love (Unleaked)

Take Off (Unleaked)

7 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I hate when people call her untalented. I go crazy and start listing her critical accolades and link her raw demos. :NYsassy:

According to the writing credits for the final version, it was written by Britney, Teddy Campbell and David Kochanski.

The original demo was likely written by Britney herself since it has different lyrics to an extent that sound like her handiwork.

As for Original Doll, we have a good chunk of it. She only got about "halfway" done recording it. It's likely that she would have used some ITZ leftovers for the album. If we include the 2005 tracks as well as the ITZ leftovers done by Michelle Bell and Britney's favorites, we have a complete "Original Doll"-ish album.

Mona Lisa

Someday

Chaotic

Over to You Now

And Then We Kiss

Look Who's Talking Now

Sippin' On

Ouch

Peep Show

Welcome to Me

Take Off (Unleaked)

I love the tracklist!!!

6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

It would have flopped but the era would have given us amazing visuals.

5 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Mona Lisa

Someday

Chaotic

Over to You Now

And Then We Kiss

Look Who's Talking Now

Sippin' On

Ouch

Peep Show

Welcome to Me

Take Off (Unleaked)

Thanks for the info! An Original Doll era would have been so amazing, ahhhh! I like the original lyrics of Mona Lisa so much more, I wish they released it like that.

6 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Mona Lisa

Someday

Chaotic

Over to You Now

And Then We Kiss

Look Who's Talking Now

Sippin' On

Ouch

Peep Show

Welcome to Me

Take Off (Unleaked)

As you can imagine there are more ''Original Doll'' songs which we don't know the name, so there would be no ITZ leftovers, for example ''PeepShow'' was a track no one knew until leaked! And so more songs on it, cause i'm pretty sure there are a bunch of tracks which are not registered by her name

Guest $elfish
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

i have the feeling there was somethin  sinister going on (illuminati):letitburn::lmao:

On 2/18/2017 at 7:12 AM, BoyToySoldier said:

Mona Lisa

Someday

Chaotic

Over to You Now

And Then We Kiss

Look Who's Talking Now

Sippin' On

Ouch

Peep Show

Welcome to Me