The Britney of the New Generation

redacted statement

Obviously all of us know that our Godney can't be replaced BUT (unless she already has been, conspiracies y'know)... I want to see what other people think, basically here's the deal, which modern day popstar is most similar to Britney Spears (doesn't have to be Primeney). You can judge based on anything from public image, the way the artist tries to present themselves, their music and so on and so on...

I think I am going with Selena Gomez (stay with me) :donewithit:, here's why:

• both started out on Disney
  • Selena is a huge, huge, huge fan of Britney which probably indicates some sort of influence :ponderney:
  • Britney mentioned many times that she was inspired by Selena for Glory
  • Selena is pretty much just as sweet and humble as Britney, haven't heard her say anything bad about anyone :verycool:
  • both are heavily criticized for their lack of powerful vocals :quirkney:
  • Selena has only two albums (as a solo artist) but she has already pulled a Britney, her first album is basically Britney Jean (as in not good) and then Revival is full of mother freaking bops (Glory)
  • both are amazingly gorgeous natural beauties, no one in this world can deny how beautiful current day Selena and Britney (especially Primeney) are :pieceofwhat: 

Obviously Selena isn't anywhere near the level of Britney but, just like Brit back in the day, Selena sells albums just because of her name and brand and her success can probably be connected to little girls wanting to be her and little boys wanting to be inside of her (just like early 00s Britney).

giphy.gif

Your thoughts?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Don Juan said:

Justin Bieber obviously.  Selena is still  2nd rate pop star.

Totally agree with you.

Based on popularity, primeney was literally everywhere, worldwide phenomenon, you cant avoid her, just like bieber nowdays.

While Selena is, sadly almost has no impact in pop music scene worldwide

1 minute ago, The_Original_Toy said:

he's on the opposite end of being as charismatic as britney and he continues to talk **** about everyone 

I´m not talking about his charisma and rudeness. 

I´m talking about his influence on pop culture and controversy he is the closest to Britney.

Archived