How much did Make Me.. and Glory sell first week?

Bxnes

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CriminalLegend said:

really? :giggleney:

Her initial prediction was 45k. Embarrassing. :umwtf:

Then she performed at the Grammys and it went up to 111k. :brityes:

But it dropped again to 102k because of her streak of red upates. :ponderney:

It's gotten at least 4-5 more red updates since the 102k was announced, so I think it'll drop below 96k. :ehum:

It'll do more or less Make Me numbers, which is shocking since she perfomed at the biggest music awards show in America. :umwtf:

3 minutes ago, button said:

It's gotten at least 4-5 more red updates since the 102k was announced, so I think it'll drop below 96k. :ehum:

It'll do more or less Make Me numbers, which is shocking since she perfomed at the biggest music awards show in America. :umwtf:

she'll have longevity though, plus she didn't have G-Eazy on the track. 

3 minutes ago, button said:

She's also less than 10 years into her career which is tragic for a current pop star with that kind of hit caliber @Bxnes

6 minutes ago, WeKeepOnRockin said:

she'll have longevity though, plus she didn't have G-Eazy on the track. 

Obviously, she'll have longevity since her song is currently featured on 470 Spotify playlists, has a big radio deal and she's a radio darling in general. Capitol are smart and go hard on promotion, she'll perform it everywhere.

What did G-Eazy do exactly for the track? Other than getting some free promo thanks to RCA? :bcutelaugh:

2 minutes ago, button said:

Obviously, she'll have longevity since her song is currently featured on 470 Spotify playlists, has a big radio deal and she's a radio darling in general. Capitol goes hard on promotion.

What did G-Eazy do exactly for the track? Other than getting some free promo thanks to RCA? :bcutelaugh:

Legally, all payola is allowed to do is cover 24 hours of hourly play. After that the artist has to perform at radio festivals and conduct radio interviews in order for them to support the song, unless the song is ALREADY doing phenomenally well

At the time, G-Eazy was a mainstream artist, so yeah...

13 minutes ago, WeKeepOnRockin said:

Legally, all payola is allowed to do is cover 24 hours of hourly play. After that the artist has to perform at radio festivals and conduct radio interviews in order for them to support the song, unless the song is ALREADY doing phenomenally well

At the time, G-Eazy was a mainstream artist, so yeah...

Week long radio deals exist. Justin timberlake and Justin Bieber got those for Can't stop the feeling and Cold Water. Not saying Katy got one as well, but her one day radio deal was bigger than Britney's because it's multi-format, it covered both Pop and Hot AC. Katy's song is already top 20 on HAC. Make Me wasn't pushed on the HAC format through the deal.

Britney didn't even have a banner during the release week, because remember? Rise was an Apple Music exclusive and took all 5 main banners, leaving none for Make Me. Literally only the fans knew about the song when it dropped. It followed the trend of recent Britney songs debuting big and failing to achieve longevity due to mismanagement.

Make Me didn't perform anywhere close to Me, myself & I, why do you think he helped MM? His song was #1 on pop radio. Make Me only reached #20. Me, myself was a hit on streaming. Make Me did very poorly in that department. I'm failing to see how he helped. Not even himself can replicate the success of that song, "Some Kind of ****" is bombing.

Katy is bigger than both Britney and G-Eazy combined. Didn't her last lead sell 6M copies in the US? She performed at the Grammys as well. How is having G-Eazy on the track giving Britney the advantage? Katy's case is really strange, it looks to me like she still hasn't built a strong fanbase like Britney's.

Archived