Britney & other celebs sign petition for Texas to reject anti-trans bill

DJSLAYZEE

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I am sorry, but as a woman I don't want men in my restrooms. I hate how people turn this into homophobia. You have no idea what it is being overpowered by a man. I am terrified of being *****. And you know damn well that men will take advantage of this, they do now, imagine when it becomes legal. I don't support this. 

And yes, downvote me all you want... It's already stressful going to a public restroom alone as a woman. I can't imagine what it will be like when men are allowed in women's restrooms.

Just to play devil's advocate, what exactly is stooping a man from barging into a woman's bathroom right now? And what will stop them from barging in if this bill is signed? Locks on every bathroom door? Security guards at every bathroom? If they break the law, they'll face legal consequences with or without this bill. And someone with the intent of ******** assaulting someone is probably not going to be deterred by this bill.

2 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

I am sorry, but as a woman I don't want men in my restrooms. I hate how people turn this into homophobia. You have no idea what it is being overpowered by a man. I am terrified of being *****. And you know damn well that men will take advantage of this, they do now, imagine when it becomes legal. I don't support this. 

And yes, downvote me all you want... It's already stressful going to a public restroom alone as a woman. I can't imagine what it will be like when men are allowed in women's restrooms.

I agree with you. Idrc TBH but I understand what you're saying as a woman. I feel like if u say something like this people will call u homophobic, if u agree with the wall people will call you racist. Why can't we just respect everyone's opinion without going to those lows. 

2 minutes ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I agree with you. Idrc TBH but I understand what you're saying as a woman. I feel like if u say something like this people will call u homophobic, if u agree with the wall people will call you racist. Why can't we just respect everyone's opinion without going to those lows. 

Yes, exactly this!

Just to clarify, I am NOT transphobic or homophobic... But that doesn't take away the fact that this law makes me scared for my life. Men will now have free access to women's restrooms... and who is going to ask if they were born with a ***** or not? No one. Any man can now walk freely into women's restrooms without any restriction whatsoever and just claim they are transitioning. I will now have to pull down my pants and pee with a man fapping next to me, or doing God knows what. 

I understand not all men are like this, but I hope people would understand this.

6 hours ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Yes, exactly this!

Just to clarify, I am NOT transphobic or homophobic... But that doesn't take away the fact that this law makes me scared for my life. Men will now have free access to women's restrooms... and who is going to ask if they were born with a ***** or not? No one. Any man can now walk freely into women's restrooms without any restriction whatsoever and just claim they are transitioning. I will now have to pull down my pants and pee with a man fapping next to me, or doing God knows what. 

I understand not all men are like this, but I hope people would understand this.

Why did you only choose to respond to that argument supporting your point of view but not entertain any one else's?what about the men who used to be women coming in? You going to check their genetalia?  I can see where you're coming from but it would also benefit you to learn more/meet some transgender people to see that they aren't these animals that are going to ravage whoever is in the bathroom. Nobody thinks you're homophobic or transphobic, its a legit fear but also try to see how they feel too :) this is beyond the bathroom.bill, there's also the religious freedom bill floating around that supports businesses to refuse lgbt business or workers due to religious reasons when 1) that's just hurting the business 2) religion doesn't belong in the workplace/government and can even allow for leniency to fire/evict ppl because you don't like their orientation 

8 hours ago, Artsy Fartsy said:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7693218/lady-Gaga-jimmy-kimmel-texas-bathroom-bill?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=Direct

Britney Spears and late-night host Jimmy Kimmel also signed a letter Tuesday criticizing the Republican-backed efforts as a "denial of basic human dignity." The bill would require people to use bathrooms that correspond to the *** on their birth certificate.

Really don't see how people can dictate where others go to the bathroom :rihstare:

Reality is transgender people have probably been going to the bathroom of the gender they identify with for a long time, why it's such a huge issue now I have no idea. 

5 minutes ago, JJones12992 said:

Really don't see how people can dictate where others go to the bathroom :rihstare:

Reality is transgender people have probably been going to the bathroom of the gender they identify with for a long time, why it's such a huge issue now I have no idea. 

Its more than bathrooms, that's just the catchy thing to call it. Starting with a bathroom bill then businesses using religious freedom to not have to do business with LGBT clients or even being able to fire/move  them because of their personal preferences 

7 hours ago, Michaelgiftos said:

Well that's what debating is for. Yeah people call people out only cause they're just as scared. If people talked it out then they'd see where other ppl are comiNg from

4 hours ago, RTC said:

Well that's what debating is for. Yeah people call people out only cause they're just as scared. If people talked it out then they'd see where other ppl are comiNg from

I agree I think now tho a lot of times people are generalized and called horrible names for their beliefs for instance in debate class I said I agree with the wall and my teacher called me racist. I feel like the people are losing what a debate really is and nobody can respectfully disagree anymore. 

On 2/14/2017 at 5:26 PM, Girl On The Moon said:

So you think a man is gunna get into full drag just to **** you in a PUPLIC bathroom?? With camera footage of them getting into the bathroom and then leaving the stone.. Eye witnesses as to what car they were seen leaving in??.... Your fears are unfounded and I'm sorry you feel that way in public bathrooms

On 2/14/2017 at 5:42 PM, Girl On The Moon said:

Yes, exactly this!

Do you understand how fragile hegemonic masculinity is? Straight men aren't going to go into bathrooms any more than they already do whether it's legal or not. This is a transphobic bill and your support for it IS transphobic. The only "males" wanting to use women's bathrooms are transgender women wanting to avoid harrasment.

On 2/14/2017 at 4:26 PM, Girl On The Moon said:

I feel the same way......especially with all the creeps that have been caught video women in target lately

not too mentioned I've dealt with situation where my boss exhibited inappropriate behavior around me. People won't understand unless you're female

On 14/2/2017 at 7:33 PM, Smokez said:

I really don't think TG males want to go into ladies restrooms to be **** women, they want to avoid harassment by homophobic men.  And couldn't a man just **** you outside the bathroom? The TG male to female will use the stall. Its not like he wants to have his **** out in front of women. Women do not expose their genitals to anyone in public bathrooms. The bathroom  an enclosed room which might make it difficult for a woman to escape, but so are many other types of rooms.

What about tg female to male? You want a woman who has been taking hormones who basically looks like a dude using the female's bathroom?  How can you tell what's on a dude's birth certificate?

If men's bathrooms just got rid of urinals and only had stalls, bathrooms could be unisex and this wouldn't be an issue.

So clear , genius. 

On 2/14/2017 at 5:17 PM, danny1994 said:

Just to play devil's advocate, what exactly is stooping a man from barging into a woman's bathroom right now? And what will stop them from barging in if this bill is signed? Locks on every bathroom door? Security guards at every bathroom? If they break the law, they'll face legal consequences with or without this bill. And someone with the intent of ******** assaulting someone is probably not going to be deterred by this bill.

What's stopping them now?social norms. As for you saying, someone with an intent to ******** assault another person a bill won't stop them. Well Then Why have bills and law in the first place, if people won't just obey. So let's not have law for murderers, ******, or even people that drive recklessly, b/c you know they're going to break the law anyway, in your view

On 2/14/2017 at 4:33 PM, Smokez said:

I really don't think TG males want to go into ladies restrooms to be **** women, they want to avoid harassment by homophobic men.  And couldn't a man just **** you outside the bathroom? The TG male to female will use the stall. Its not like he wants to have his **** out in front of women. Women do not expose their genitals to anyone in public bathrooms. The bathroom  an enclosed room which might make it difficult for a woman to escape, but so are many other types of rooms.

What about tg female to male? You want a woman who has been taking hormones who basically looks like a dude using the female's bathroom?  How can you tell what's on a dude's birth certificate?

If men's bathrooms just got rid of urinals and only had stalls, bathrooms could be unisex and this wouldn't be an issue.

as a female, i'm not afraid of the transgender man, i'm more afraid of the straight men who will take advantage of the situation, especially teenage boys. Haven't you heard about the increase of perverted men filming women in the target restroom? Because there are real, factual police reports about them, that a lot of news agencies are reporting on.  And yes, a man can **** you outside the bathroom as well, but does that mean we should remove all safety measures that protect women? Do we not lock our car doors, even though someone could bust a window and hot wire your car (happened to my dad). Of course women can be ***** anytime, anywhere, but we like to feel protected as much as possible.

In addition, a high school restroom is the last place women want to be around guys changing their tampons, applying makeup, and feeling threatened. Hell, I hated changing my pad with just women around.

4 minutes ago, britsangel90 said:

What's stopping them now?social norms. As for you saying, someone with an intent to ******** assault another person a bill won't stop them. Well Then Why have bills and law in the first place, if people won't just obey. So let's not have law for murderers, ******, or even people that drive recklessly, b/c you know they're going to break the law anyway, in your view

There are already anti-**** laws? But you're saying once "law" says that men can go into female bathrooms, they will do so and **** women? Your logic is heavily flawed and incoherent.

Archived