The conservatorship is just a formality at this point.

CharlieBlue8

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is though I didn't think it was as simple as that.

Conservatorships are usually quite complex and aren't just any old simple thing you can have put or stay in place
for someone without there being evidence that fully supports that this person NEEDS to be under one.
I might be wrong about that, but that's always been my understanding of it.

Honestly the entire conservatorship is such a spooky, confusing mystery.

25 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Thing is though I didn't think it was as simple as that.

Conservatorships are usually quite complex and aren't just any old simple thing you can have put or stay in place
for someone without there being evidence that fully supports that this person NEEDS to be under one.
I might be wrong about that, but that's always been my understanding of it.

Honestly the entire conservatorship is such a spooky, confusing mystery.

I use to think the same thing until last year when I became the 'temporary' co-conservator of a 'mentally ill' loved one.   Its not complex. They found a judge who signed off on it, thats all.

Well her dad still travels with her often and she doesn't seem to do much out of her ordinary routine, so I'm sure she is still being monitored closely. Also, her wearing skimpy outfits has nothing to do with anything. She's a pop star, she's always looked that way. Circus era was full of skimpy looking outfits too. If it weren't necessary or just a formality, she wouldn't still be in it. 

Guest Arckangel

I disagree. It is not legal to keep someone in a conservatorship "just because". It either means she is gravely disabled and not being under c-ship would put her and others in danger or the c-ship is corrupt. Period! Many people with mental issues (not saying that's her current state), even bipolar, manage to lead their lives without being conserved. I understand Britney is rich and everything, but that alone is not a reason to keep her in that legal state, especially after NINE YEARS!

The only reason for that state to continue would be knowing for a fact that if unconserved, she'd lose her balance, stability and would pose a  serious threat to herself and others. Maybe the c-ship is still needed, but we've got to consider the possibility it may be corrupt.  If the latter is the case, her human rights and dignity are seriously being violated, and that this point, she may have become totally complacent about it.

2 hours ago, Arckangel said:

I disagree. It is not legal to keep someone in a conservatorship "just because". It either means she is gravely disabled and not being under c-ship would put her and others in danger or the c-ship is corrupt. Period! Many people with mental issues (not saying that's her current state), even bipolar, manage to lead their lives without being conserved. I understand Britney is rich and everything, but that alone is not a reason to keep her in that legal state, especially after NINE YEARS!

The only reason for that state to continue would be knowing for a fact that if unconserved, she'd lose her balance, stability and would pose a  serious threat to herself and others. Maybe the c-ship is still needed, but we've got to consider the possibility it may be corrupt.  If the latter is the case, her human rights and dignity are seriously being violated, and that this point, she may have become totally complacent about it.

The thing is with the c-ship possibly being corrupt that I don't understand is that if it were, she couldn't go to anywhere in her circle and talk about it? Like let's say her father is milking her, she couldn't talk to her brother about it or her best friends in LA or an objective party who could help her fight it? I just don't think she has that many ppl in her life who would let her be taken advantage of. I mean, that's why her dad stepped in in the first place because she had strangers handling her business and mistreating her. He didn't randomly decide to take away her rights. 

Archived