The Curious Staying Power of Britney’s Perfume Empire

Sonyeri

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Бри́тни Спирс said:

I think that what gets sold the most are the original ones, not those remixes and useless new ones. That's what I meant to say. 

If this was the case, they would not be spending hundreds of thousands on constantly releasing new ones. If they weren't working, they wouldn't decide to keep losing money on them. The originals I'm sure are the most successful but the new ones are clearly not 'useless'.

17 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

Well you really don't have to be a rocket scientist lol how many glory copies she sold does not equal how many fans she has.She has millions of fans to support her perfume empire. Too many people on here think in this very weird way that if you aren't selling a million albums in a time where the music industry is borderline dead then it means no one cares and she won't be able to tour etc etc 

You're right. I know for example a girl that said she loved Britney but her old stuff. She is not obsessed with her like we are so she hardly knows about new music and she is not one of this epeople who will buy an album. But she buys her perfumes and I am almost 100% certain if Britney goes on tour she would buy tickets for that. So there must be more people like that out there. Also I know a few girls who like Britney's perfumes and they buy them but not her music. So that why she has more perfumes sales. 

2 hours ago, AdamSkye said:

If this was the case, they would not be spending hundreds of thousands on constantly releasing new ones. If they weren't working, they wouldn't decide to keep losing money on them. The originals I'm sure are the most successful but the new ones are clearly not 'useless'.

I agree and I've been waitching reviews of top celebrities perfumes and every single youtuber always include midnight fantasy along with fantasy as their top choices. And in the articles they mentioned how the New York Post rated it as "excellent". Queen!

Just look at The Intimate Britney. 

That obviously didn't give them the return they wanted so they haven't continued. 

If it was just the original perfumes that worked, she would just stick with those.

She would not be constantly releasing and working on new ones unless they were working.

On 2/11/2017 at 10:15 AM, prettylittleliar_2214 said:

Agreed. Taylor completely copied Fantasy. Britney is the definitive pop girl that everyone wants to be.

Even the packaging is SOOOO similar with the blue, pink, and green designs. It makes me mad when I see it in the store thinking it's B's but it turns out to be Snake Venom in a bottle... 

Archived