VMAs 2016 really changed my opinion of Brit

FableJ

10 hours ago, NiceSpears said:

Here we go again... Cool, you got your opionion. NEXT. 

If anyone would rule her out and the work she delivered in 2016 because of the VMAs you're seriously not that into her. Move on... Last year she gave us an incredible album along with A M A Z I N G performances. And a lot more, like that fun old Britney! While the VMAs perhaps wasn't her most "iconic" it was still good and performed well along with the single. 

And seriously, STOP COMPARING EVERYTHING WITH THINGS SHE DID 17 YEARS AGO!!!!!! No one performs, dress, looks or dances that way today!!! For reals. Talk about being trapped in time...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, FableJ said:

I kinda feel that I lost faith in B after last years VMAs. She didn't deliver the way she has done before and I was honestly really disappointed. I had expected her to really bring it and show that star power that we all know and are amazed by. And when she was unable to do so, I felt like it was really the end of Britneys legacy. She is unable to uphold her status as a pop legend besides girls like Beyonce (f-ing hate bey tho) at this point, does anyone agree with me? It's like at the point of no return also cus I don't know what she could possibly do now or in the future to spark my interest in her again... 

This didn't even have elaborate choreography just her crazy energy!!! was she on ***** maybe? E??

BBMAs gave me hope. 

The VMAs snatched it away :tiffsniffle:

9 hours ago, intoxicatedguy said:

She actually did remove alot of the choreography that i think were only in the "i dont want to say it :tiffsniffle:" Original Make me video !!

This choreo amazed me at the time so I can't hate on Charm much. Britney clearly said "it's too much effort, can we tone it the *** down?" Or even worse, Charm was expecting to see that choreo performed in Vegas/VMAs/everywhere but Britney cut most of it without even telling her :tiffsniffle:

Just now, Nando. said:

People saying we shouldnt compare her old self to the new one, thats kind of a lame excuse.

The spice girls for example, were active 20 years ago and brought that energy of girl power fun to the stage. 20 years later they were on the olympics, all of them became full time moms, BUT, they still delivered the ENERGY. An artist never stops being an artist, the intention is there, they represent what they sing, Britney's artistry is dead. She doesnt mean what she sings, she doesnt want anything to do with it on a personal level.

If you think her artistry is dead when Britney has consistently being working on her art for 18 years and just released one of her best works last year then you are very confused.

8 hours ago, mrjspears said:

If she had opened the VMAs I think people wouldn't have been that upset over it. It's just the fact that Beyonce had a long segment and 
was upbeat. Following an upbeat performance with Make Me which is mellow and sensual song made Beyonce a hard act to follow. 

The next day when I re-watched her VMA performance I thought wow she looked beautiful, looked confident and was very smooth with the
choreo in the beginning. 

I'm pretty sure no one in the industry would wanna follow up Beyonce after a performance but the fact that Britney was up there, and didn't 
appear to be nervous or worried spoke volumes to me personally. 

2016 for me restored my faith in her tbh. She could of punked out and not do the VMAs, the Billboards, iHeart and iTunes Festival . 

I totally agree with this, I greatly enjoyed Britney's VMA performance and people I work with liked it too..........dramatic morons on here like to act like it was a disaster which is certainly was not! They're just pressed because she didn't do anything shocking!

3 hours ago, Nando. said:

People saying we shouldnt compare her old self to the new one, thats kind of a lame excuse.

The spice girls for example, were active 20 years ago and brought that energy of girl power fun to the stage. 20 years later they were on the olympics, all of them became full time moms, BUT, they still delivered the ENERGY. An artist never stops being an artist, the intention is there, they represent what they sing, Britney's artistry is dead. She doesnt mean what she sings, she doesnt want anything to do with it on a personal level.

Yeah there's a huge difference though The Spice Girls were only big for a few years and have barely done anything for years after so it's easy for them to bring energy because they have it they haven't been on the grind for 20 years and none of them suffered a breakdown. I hate when people compare Britney with other artists because she is a very unique case.........I don't think a lot of you get that her fame/career nearly killed her so of course she's not going to be like she was back in the day. 

Archived