VMAs 2016 really changed my opinion of Brit

FableJ

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i was def disappointed. i like the performance now after watching it a bunch of times - it's a good performance but not on par for VMAs. 

what confuses me is that she doesn't have to dance or sing live to have a talked-about performance. she just needs to do something interesting - the snake, the kiss, the striptease... she needs some kind of controversy or just cool moment that everyone will talk about. her 2016 performance didn't have any of that.

5 hours ago, brit_wing said:

WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS DANCE BEST WHEN SHE IS IN THE STUDIO????:squintney: she even moves better than the coach at the beginning of the video:sassybrit:

This choreography is horrible, she looks like a mess, and I'll never understand why she posted it or why anyone thinks otherwise. The final Make Me choreo is actually pretty good (aside from doing a little too much in the beginning), but the truth is the only way for Britney to have shocked people at the VMA's would have been to sing live. I still wish she had just sat on a chair and sang this stunning song, which is one of my favorites ever from her.

People saying we shouldnt compare her old self to the new one, thats kind of a lame excuse.

The spice girls for example, were active 20 years ago and brought that energy of girl power fun to the stage. 20 years later they were on the olympics, all of them became full time moms, BUT, they still delivered the ENERGY. An artist never stops being an artist, the intention is there, they represent what they sing, Britney's artistry is dead. She doesnt mean what she sings, she doesnt want anything to do with it on a personal level.

Of course, because after ditching the original video for MM they also ditched the choreo and replaced it with the new sh*tty one. 

My main issue is, why make such an incredible promo video that makes it seem like Britney will deliver the most amazing performance of the night? I truly believe making the promo video took a lot more effort than the actual performance, it looks EPIC!

31 minutes ago, Nando. said:

People saying we shouldnt compare her old self to the new one, thats kind of a lame excuse.

The spice girls for example, were active 20 years ago and brought that energy of girl power fun to the stage. 20 years later they were on the olympics, all of them became full time moms, BUT, they still delivered the ENERGY. An artist never stops being an artist, the intention is there, they represent what they sing, Britney's artistry is dead. She doesnt mean what she sings, she doesnt want anything to do with it on a personal level.

Britards are always in denial. I mean, I love Britney to death which is why I say she could do better because I believe in her. 

Beyonce and Gaga are delivering performances that people praise all the time. They often SING (and if they pre-record it's believable), do decent choreo with lots of energy and interact with their audience and people love it. Age and kids are no excuses. Her passion and energy is just not there anymore. 

why are britney fans always overthinking **** and trying to find flaws in everything

the performance was great, it was simple and that was the whole point of it

the thing is that make me wasnt exactly the best choice of song to use as a comeback for a performance at the vmas 

is a pretty chill song and we were even lucky we got some choreo cause it is a pretty slowish song

was it THE performance we were expecting for her to give for her vmas comeback? no

was it a good performance? yes 

she needed to come back with a banger, something like ttwe, work *****, womanizer, etc but she chose make me cause she is clearly on a better place rn and she finally feels confident enough to perform again, it was just bad luck that the first single of glory was a midtempo instead of her usual bangers

1 hour ago, Crayboy said:

The purpose of it kinda went out of the window the second she started lip syncing

the BBMAS were stiff except for Toxic

she can do better as we've seen last year, to the abilities of primeney

she just needs that uumoh again I assume

she wasnt "stiff" at all except for the beggining before she came down the stairs

even my friends who are haters told me that as soon as she took that coat off she transformed and actually delivered

12 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

Britards are always in denial. I mean, I love Britney to death which is why I say she could do better because I believe in her. 

Beyonce and Gaga are delivering performances that people praise all the time. They often SING (and if they pre-record it's believable), do decent choreo with lots of energy and interact with their audience and people love it. Age and kids are no excuses. Her passion and energy is just not there anymore. 

but there is always a bias against britney, it has been admitted by media outlets 

if she had danced the way Gaga did on the superbowl she would have been TRASHED, i thought of that when i was watching the superbowl and my cousin said that Gaga was dancing amazing when it looked like she was having a seizure and she was carried by dancers a few times

also her little belly made headlines but people were quick to defend her and saying how disgusting it was to highlight her belly and **** like that but if britney's body wasnt on point we all know she would have been trashed 

everyone expects the impossible from britney, even here on exhale, she delivers but there are always threads whit titles like these

"the bbma were amazing but i would have loved this"

"britney slayed last night but she gained weight"

"britney killed the choreo but i would have loved live vocals"

"slumber party video slays but i would love a dance version of it"

and it seems that britney fans are the only ones who do that but oh well that wont change at all

3 minutes ago, David. said:

but there is always a bias against britney, it has been admitted by media outlets 

if she had danced the way Gaga did on the superbowl she would have been TRASHED, i thought of that when i was watching the superbowl and my cousin said that Gaga was dancing amazing when it looked like she was having a seizure and she was carried by dancers a few times

also her little belly made headlines but people were quick to defend her and saying how disgusting it was to highlight her belly and **** like that but if britney's body wasnt on point we all know she would have been trashed 

everyone expects the impossible from britney, even here on exhale, she delivers but there are always threads whit titles like these

"the bbma were amazing but i would have loved this"

"britney slayed last night but she gained weight"

"britney killed the choreo but i would have loved live vocals"

"slumber party video slays but i would love a dance version of it"

and it seems that britney fans are the only ones who do that but oh well that wont change at all

I think it's because a lot of fans believe Britney can actually do a much better job than Gaga and others which I believe as well. All she needs is that fire and passion again. 

I still think Britney delivers better choreo. But for the GP, delivering "decent" choreo and singing live (and sounding good) is more impressive. 

But this generation is not like the one we grew up with. Now they care about live vocals more than anything. Although Britney's dancing is good, it's gonna have to be the most amazing thing ever because she's sacrificing the one thing people REALLY care about which is VOCALS. 

1 minute ago, Mohd93 said:

I think it's because a lot of fans believe Britney can actually do a much better job than Gaga and others which I believe as well. All she needs is that fire and passion again. 

I still think Britney delivers better choreo. But for the GP, delivering "decent" choreo and singing live (and sounding good) is more impressive. 

But this generation is not like the one we grew up with. Now they care about live vocals more than anything. Although Britney's dancing is good, it's gonna have to be the most amazing thing ever because she's sacrificing the one thing people REALLY care about which is VOCALS. 

This

3 minutes ago, Mohd93 said:

but delivering vocals is easily fixable with pre recorded tracks which she would obviously use at the superbowl if she ever does it

everyone uses pre recorded vocals yet when that issue is talked about here fans say they dont want pre recorded vocals and they want her to sing completely live which she hasnt done in ages

all im saying is that she still incorporates dancing in her performances and still outdances everyone but beyonce from the main girls but yet she is always pushed aside and that isnt from live vocals, that is cause there is impossible expectations put on to her now 

yes she could do so much better, she did it in the past but she wasnt a mother and she had not gone trough a breakdown, her life was rehearsing and performing, nowadays she rehearses the necessary and spends the rest of the time she has with her kids

could she push herself harder? yes

are her recent performances a good reason to trash her and say she is a horrible performer? no

the slumber party performance actually has decent choreo and its entertaining yet fans dont like it cause she is wearing a robe

if it isnt one thing is the other and that only happens to britney 

if she performs the way she did at the billboard awards, obviously with more production, different choreos that arent from pom and good pre recorded vocals like bey and madonna she would slay and that is a fact

Gurl, you knew she was gonna perform Make me beforehand, how powerful can be a performance of such a slow song? :weirdmeout:

She is not done of course, because she doesn't even try it. We can finally say she is doing this because she actually wants to do it, despite the laziness of style I guess. Glory is not an album to perform, it's an album to listen to. I see you loving B10 in 2018, bye :bigkiss:

Archived