VMAs 2016 really changed my opinion of Brit

FableJ

1 hour ago, ukfan said:

The vmas showed intimacy,  that she can tackle a song on her own with minimal visual effects.  it showed confidence and personally I liked it..  

giphy.gif

After how vmas have been in the past I'm not surprised she went for a turned down performance.  it was still entertaining and showed her using only the music with minimal effects.  

giphy.gif

it was beautifully calm and I enjoyed it, I love her confident she seemed with g eazy,  and I think it made reasonable headlines,  I'm happy she performed a new song,  my only wish was for live vocals 

The choreography represented the song wonderfully and I actually like the performance I think it's a performance that fits well in her mtv catalogue.  

I'm pretty sure 2016 showed people,  that regardless of live vocals  she is back,  confident,  performing well and looking great.  

Your thread is pathetic. 

i agree with this. you're better with words than i am.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

I liked the beginning of the VMAs but the whole g easy thing and that little shimmy she does when he comes out... The crotch grabbing, the horrible mimed MMAI was just a mess... She kept it simple because she knew she couldn't compete with Bey. 

The BBMA's slayed though (although she looked so stiff and tense during WB and she should have performed more of WB, atleast the floor parts.)

WTF. If Britney would have wanted she could have done it better than Beyonce. 

1 hour ago, RussianFan said:

Umm it's pretty similar to the one we got. Some of the moves are identical. 

It is not.

About the topic I think they needed something more impressive after 10 years but it was a good step anyway.

58 minutes ago, intoxicatedguy said:

She actually did remove alot of the choreography that i think were only in the "i dont want to say it :tiffsniffle:" Original Make me video !!

WHY DOES SHE ALWAYS DANCE BEST WHEN SHE IS IN THE STUDIO????:squintney: she even moves better than the coach at the beginning of the video:sassybrit:

If she had opened the VMAs I think people wouldn't have been that upset over it. It's just the fact that Beyonce had a long segment and 
was upbeat. Following an upbeat performance with Make Me which is mellow and sensual song made Beyonce a hard act to follow. 

The next day when I re-watched her VMA performance I thought wow she looked beautiful, looked confident and was very smooth with the
choreo in the beginning. 

I'm pretty sure no one in the industry would wanna follow up Beyonce after a performance but the fact that Britney was up there, and didn't 
appear to be nervous or worried spoke volumes to me personally. 

2016 for me restored my faith in her tbh. She could of punked out and not do the VMAs, the Billboards, iHeart and iTunes Festival . 

I cannot say u are completely wrong. It is true that vma 2016 performance is not as good as britney's other vma performances. But you gotta understand the fact that people will age. It is impossible for britney to be at her best throughout her life. It has been 16 years since 2001. :sassybrit: so i won't expect "primney  performance" now, actually you shouldn't after ff era

What concern me more is that she lost her passion in performing, slaying the audience:wtfdidusay:nothing can save that:mhmsureny:

well maybe she still has but she feel stressed when she is on stage, since she can dance very well off-stage sometimes. idk

although we can't see primney again i do think that we can still see 0.8 primney now, like in BBMA 16:omgreallyney: Im not saying the whole performance is like vma 2001 good but u can really see some 0.8 primney moments in bbma 2016:otears: it is like the closest thing to primney we can get now:omgreallyney:
tumblr_o7najmNcMA1uz3saeo1_500.gif tumblr_o80hkbWq4f1t4su8co1_500.gif

Having said that she can give halfass performance like she does in pom:dontlike: I can understand that, you won't give your best every time u work (primney can tho lol)

but i did expect vma 16 to be better than bbma. It is not POM it is VMA gurl you should give ur BEST:orly::orly: imo what is missing in vma 2016 is her devotedness in the performance but is still an okay performance, i will give it 6/10. Maybe it is due to the not-so-hardcore choreography? idk
Whenever i feel negativity in the fandom I watch Britney's old work. It reminds me how far she has come and how iconic she is. I love her more than just her musical or dancing talent :mhm: you can even youtube "piece of me best" it will amaze u if u click the right video

Guest Diamond Horse
7 minutes ago, mrjspears said:

2016 for me restored my faith in her tbh. She could of punked out and not do the VMAs, the Billboards, iHeart and iTunes Festival . 

Yeah, I bet this was not easy for her at all considering her for a minute, but some people are still so ******* ungrateful!!

I watched the Instagram video of her practicing more than the actual VMA performance :boredashell:
The VMA performance was uninspired and lazy. There's nothing memorable about it besides briefly touching G-Eazy's cock :ipass:

It was her time to shine at the VMAs again. Instead, she said "I'll just do this easy basic Megan Trainor choreography **** and dip out!" :messbye:

The VMA performance didn't aim to impress the gp visually. She wanted to say she's back as a performer. The best way to showcase her improvement was simplicity. Only Brit, 4 dancers and Geazy in front of a simple yet artistic backdrop. She killed the choreography and her stage presense was amazing that night. And don't even come for the lipsynching, the 2001 VMA, the most epic performance in pop music history was fully lipped. It's actually one of my favourite performances of all time. 

Your thread is useless

5 hours ago, ukfan said:

No sorry,  I completely disagree

She absolutely slayed the bbmas and made headlines worldwide with such positive response.  the fire was there 

brit-billboards.jpg

Perfectly executed 

The vmas showed intimacy,  that she can tackle a song on her own with minimal visual effects.  it showed confidence and personally I liked it..  

giphy.gif

After how vmas have been in the past I'm not surprised she went for a turned down performance.  it was still entertaining and showed her using only the music with minimal effects.  

giphy.gif

it was beautifully calm and I enjoyed it, I love her confident she seemed with g eazy,  and I think it made reasonable headlines,  I'm happy she performed a new song,  my only wish was for live vocals 

The choreography represented the song wonderfully and I actually like the performance I think it's a performance that fits well in her mtv catalogue.  

I'm pretty sure 2016 showed people,  that regardless of live vocals  she is back,  confident,  performing well and looking great.  

Your thread is pathetic. 

Agree! I still watch her VMA performance to this day. It was stripped down and performed with confidence, exactly what I've been waiting for since FF.

5 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Yes somebody who gets what she was trying to achieve with the VMA performance

The purpose of it kinda went out of the window the second she started lip syncing

the BBMAS were stiff except for Toxic

she can do better as we've seen last year, to the abilities of primeney

she just needs that uumoh again I assume

Archived