VMAs 2016 really changed my opinion of Brit

FableJ

I kinda feel that I lost faith in B after last years VMAs. She didn't deliver the way she has done before and I was honestly really disappointed. I had expected her to really bring it and show that star power that we all know and are amazed by. And when she was unable to do so, I felt like it was really the end of Britneys legacy. She is unable to uphold her status as a pop legend besides girls like Beyonce (f-ing hate bey tho) at this point, does anyone agree with me? It's like at the point of no return also cus I don't know what she could possibly do now or in the future to spark my interest in her again... 

This didn't even have elaborate choreography just her crazy energy!!! was she on ***** maybe? E??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here we go again... Cool, you got your opionion. NEXT. 

If anyone would rule her out and the work she delivered in 2016 because of the VMAs you're seriously not that into her. Move on... Last year she gave us an incredible album along with A M A Z I N G performances. And a lot more, like that fun old Britney! While the VMAs perhaps wasn't her most "iconic" it was still good and performed well along with the single. 

And seriously, STOP COMPARING EVERYTHING WITH THINGS SHE DID 17 YEARS AGO!!!!!! No one performs, dress, looks or dances that way today!!! For reals. Talk about being trapped in time...

I mean, she still can deliver great performance - BBMA '16. Even tho it was all recycled from Vegas it was not boring at all.. She slayed it with her looks, body, attitude, costume, facial expressions... Maintain that for 12 minutes and she is so damn ready for SuperBowl! :bow:

The problem with VMA's was that we were all expecting something like Slave performance.. I mean MM was a good performance but not for VMA's after 10 years hiatus and the hype they have built around it..

50 minutes ago, FableJ said:

I kinda feel that I lost faith in B after last years VMAs. She didn't deliver the way she has done before and I was honestly really disappointed. I had expected her to really bring it and show that star power that we all know and are amazed by. And when she was unable to do so, I felt like it was really the end of Britneys legacy. She is unable to uphold her status as a pop legend besides girls like Beyonce (f-ing hate bey tho) at this point, does anyone agree with me? It's like at the point of no return also cus I don't know what she could possibly do now or in the future to spark my interest in her again... 

This didn't even have elaborate choreography just her crazy energy!!! was she on ***** maybe? E??

Sorry but you should've known by now that she's never gonna perform like that she did from 2000-2004,  you only have yourself to blame if your standards are that high at this point,, now if you were expecting something on the level of her  BBMA 2016 performance wise then I'd agree with you.

37 minutes ago, NiceSpears said:

Here we go again... Cool, you got your opionion. NEXT. 

If anyone would rule her out and the work she delivered in 2016 because of the VMAs you're seriously not that into her. Move on... Last year she gave us an incredible album along with A M A Z I N G performances. And a lot more, like that fun old Britney! While the VMAs perhaps wasn't her most "iconic" it was still good and performed well along with the single. 

And seriously, STOP COMPARING EVERYTHING WITH THINGS SHE DID 17 YEARS AGO!!!!!! No one performs, dress, looks or dances that way today!!! For reals. Talk about being trapped in time...

18 minutes ago, ukfan said:

No sorry,  I completely disagree

She absolutely slayed the bbmas and made headlines worldwide with such positive response.  the fire was there 

brit-billboards.jpg

Perfectly executed 

The vmas showed intimacy,  that she can tackle a song on her own with minimal visual effects.  it showed confidence and personally I liked it..  

giphy.gif

After how vmas have been in the past I'm not surprised she went for a turned down performance.  it was still entertaining and showed her using only the music with minimal effects.  

giphy.gif

it was beautifully calm and I enjoyed it, I love her confident she seemed with g eazy,  and I think it made reasonable headlines,  I'm happy she performed a new song,  my only wish was for live vocals 

The choreography represented the song wonderfully and I actually like the performance I think it's a performance that fits well in her mtv catalogue.  

I'm pretty sure 2016 showed people,  that regardless of live vocals  she is back,  confident,  performing well and looking great.  

Your thread is pathetic. 

I AGREE WITH YOU 110 % !!!

33 minutes ago, ukfan said:

No sorry,  I completely disagree

She absolutely slayed the bbmas and made headlines worldwide with such positive response.  the fire was there 

brit-billboards.jpg

Perfectly executed 

The vmas showed intimacy,  that she can tackle a song on her own with minimal visual effects.  it showed confidence and personally I liked it..  

giphy.gif

After how vmas have been in the past I'm not surprised she went for a turned down performance.  it was still entertaining and showed her using only the music with minimal effects.  

giphy.gif

it was beautifully calm and I enjoyed it, I love her confident she seemed with g eazy,  and I think it made reasonable headlines,  I'm happy she performed a new song,  my only wish was for live vocals 

The choreography represented the song wonderfully and I actually like the performance I think it's a performance that fits well in her mtv catalogue.  

I'm pretty sure 2016 showed people,  that regardless of live vocals  she is back,  confident,  performing well and looking great.  

Your thread is pathetic. 

Yes somebody who gets what she was trying to achieve with the VMA performance

11 minutes ago, SomeoneGimmeBritney said:

I really liked the performance and it showed that she can perform without too many visual effects or gimmicks. Unfortunately her VMAs comeback was overshadowed by Beyonce. They should have had Britney on after Beyonce's performance.

Britney went on straight after Beyonce, that's why a lot of people were underwhelmed :shameless:

I liked the beginning of the VMAs but the whole g easy thing and that little shimmy she does when he comes out... The crotch grabbing, the horrible mimed MMAI was just a mess... She kept it simple because she knew she couldn't compete with Bey. 

The BBMA's slayed though (although she looked so stiff and tense during WB and she should have performed more of WB, atleast the floor parts.)

I love the 2016 VMA's performance. I guess it just doesn't fit with the usual VMA performances and her VMA reportaire and what people expect from her at the VMA's. I dont even think it was even meant to be the next big huge VMA performance. It was a stripped down, nice , sensual, nice performance and I LOVE it. I only considered it sucky before because if you people. I esp love the whole first part before G Eazy comes out. Maybe pre recorded vocals shouldve been a little better but thats all. Beyonces performance was all coky and arrogant so plenty of people appreciated Britney's kind and sensual appeareance.

Archived