Your first reaction to every lead single.

everybodygoesdown

You all remember the first time you heard the lead single for every era, what was the first thing that went through your mind when you heard it the very first time ?

Here's mine:

BOMT: This song is so cool, my mom needs to take me to the record shop to buy this single.

OIDIA: OMG this song is so cool, but why is she and the guy talking in the middle that's really annoying.

SLAVE: OMG OMG OMG this is so freaking hot !

MATM: Why does Madonna have so much lines it's really annoying, ***** this is Britney's song ew.

GH:MP: Love this, this is SO much better than the Bobby Brown original !

GM: *GASPS FOR AIR*

WOMANIZER: It's really cool but jeez how many times can you say womanizer in 3 minutes.

3: WHAT A BOP, I love it.

HIAM: YASSS CLUB BANGER !

WB: Okay she's kinda just talking her way through it but this is fierce AF.

MM: Okay this is different, but I love her voice.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BOMT: LOVE IT!!!

OIDIA: I REALLY LOVE IT!

SLAVE: WHAT IS THIS? FEELS LIKE A LET DOWN. (after some time) HELL YEAH, I LOVE THIS.

MATM: BRITNEY AND MADONNA? I'LL TAKE IT.

GH:MP: OOH I LOVE IT. SHE SOUNDS AMAZING!

GM: *OPENING LINE* "IT'S BRITNEY *****!" :unbelievableney::foh::carpoolney:

WOMANIZER: SHE DID IT AGAIN.

3: LOVES IT.

HIAM: EH, I LIKE IT.

WB: *STARTS TO SING IT WITH ACCENT*

MM: WTF IS THIS? *GASPS, BODY ROLL, BODY ROLL, SINGS* "MAKE ME OOOH OOOH OOOH OOOH" 

BOMT: was not really a fan.. started loving her after Sometimes music video :janet:

OIDIA: loved it and the video

SLAVE: hated it at the beginning - too urban and too different from the all the rest of her POP songs :jackk: (let me remind you it was 2001)

MATM: loved the video and collab, was not feeling the song at that time.. yet again too urban :orangu:

GH:MP: I liked it

GM: Loved it immediately

WOMANIZER: Loved it immediately

3: chimpmunkney started to irritate me after 3rd listening but liked the track

HIAM: Loved it! I was shaking from excitement!

WB: Loved it after few times (and I thought since there is a lot of speaking words, it's their way to prepare her to sing songs LIVE in Vegas :meltdown:

MM: LOOOOOVED IT!!! :crying1:

BOMT: wow who is she? i wanna be like her i love that song play it again and again and again...and again

OIDIA: wow she is so pretty and that song is everything!

SLAVE: thats britney?? she is so adult now and different.omg what a body!..but cool I like it

MATM:  thats with madonna!!! yeah sure I like it

GM: wow thats so dark very dark....what a dance song

WOMANIZER: i like it very much but it wasnt wow effect i liked circus better ( video was wow effect for me cause she looked amazing!!!!!!)

3: super dancey song for me

HIAM: I like it but it was edm and i had hard time to accept britney doing edm... the video was for me kinda shocking cause she didnt look like her at all 

WB: dont like it at all where is my britney???

MM:  here is my britney!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

I liked BOMT and Oops when I was a kid but I didn't even know that was Britney Spears so it wasn't that remarkable.

The first lead single I knew like 'officially' was Gimme More. Someone used it in a YouTube video and I was like 'wait, this song is so cool' and I downloaded illegally :selenerz:

Then she released Womanizer and it made me fall in love with her songs fastly. 3 was love at first listen too, I was like 'Britney's new song is a bop!'

And with HIAM I finally became a fan. I listened to the DEMO that leaked and I loved it and when the real song was released my life changed forever :giggleney:

After it I knew Slave (at first it was meh for me but now it's one of my faves ever). MATM (it's a grower but I started really loving it in 2015 or so) and My Prerogative (forever iconic).

Work ***** was the first lead single I didn't like. I was expecting an urban bop and we got EDM so I hated it and I disliked the video as well. Nowadays I love it, of course.

So we could say Make Me has been the first lead single I've enjoyed being a real fan. I was so thirsty for new music... I expected something more upbeat but I didn't care. I loved it! :carpoolney:

• BOMT/ OIDIA/ SLAVE/ MATM - I was more into videogames than music at that time so, couldn't care less
  • My Prerogative - I enjoyed a lot, and i bought the GHMP which was my first CD ever from anyone, and after that in 2005 i bought her 4 Past Studio Albums in the same day
  • Gimme More - Super cool, the instrumental really made me go insane with, the edgy vibe on it was everything
  • Womanizer - Disappointed, sounded really dumb and i didn't like her voice on it, today i'm more okay with, but far from loving it, it's okay i guess
  • 3 - A sassy song with my name on it, looooove it
  • Hold It Against Me - Love at first sight, it's all i can say, this song was magic to my ears, and i really felt 120% into it
  • Work ***** - Once again, disappointed, today i'm cool with, but i really expected a lot from the title, today i kind of like it
  • Make Me - 50/50, it's a good song but far from being a lead single material

BOMT: Not sure because I was really young at this time

OIDIA: I remember hearing it on the bus

SLAVE: I was so ashamed to watch it on tv and changed the channel. lol. So ****

MATM: Don't remember 

GH:MP: A dark theme, I love this version

GM: My friend often playing it at school, but I'm not amazed yet

WOMANIZER: THIS WAS WHEN I BECAME A STAN!! I heard it everywhere from the campus events, malls, radio

3: Autotuned much

HIAM: THIS MADE ME SHOOK SO MUCH I KEPT MY HAIR QUITE LONG SO I CAN FLIPPED MY HAIR LIKE IN THE CHOREO. LOVE THIS THE MOST

WB: It took me a while to like it, but then this song is THAT SONG when I'm at the gym.

MM: I love this,maybe one of my Top 5 of her singles. G-Easy part is coo- and Britney sounds so natural. MAKE ME BALD 

I had super reactions to all of it,except Womanizer and Work *****.

Womanizer : "I was waiting for something like Gimme More but this song is fun too." (I love it,especially the Circus Tour version!)

Work ***** :My exact words = "OMG why did you record something like this ever and why did you put it on a personal album?Why? Why?" (I absolutely loved it later but still my least fave lead ever and i would probably cancel it if i would)

I'll write it in order I heard them

OIDIA: I. AM. IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. SONG.
BOMT: Omg this is sad version of Oops and I love it
Slave: Ew, what? (I was young, didn't like the sexyness of the song, was scared)
MATM: LOVED the fast part, thought she was the coolest person alive in this one
Gimme More: Ew, what again (Didn't like the sexyness of the song again, was young)
Womanizer: Didn't really like it
HIAM: First song I waited for as a stan and I was mind blown from the dubstep part, thought the rest of the song sounded like Take It Off by Kesha
Work *****: Had a meltdown cuz I didn't dig the style :moorangu:
Make Me... : I think I cried a little, it was my favorite lead single since OIDIA

Before people attack me (If anyone even bothered to read all of this :quirkney: ) I love all the songs, even Slave and GM now, it's just that I was young and wanted bubblegum pop from Britney.

BOMT: I instantly loved it!

OIDIA: Loved it right away, but hated the Titanic bridge (still do too lol).

Slave: I couldn't believe how different it was for her, took me a couple listen to fully get into.

MATM: Loved it and thought it was so amazing that Madonna was on it.

MP: Thought it was really cool, but thought her voice sounded over processed.

Gimme More: Was super excited and couldn't believe she said ***** lol.

Womanizer: Was a little unsure about it at first, but quickly became addicted.

3: Thought it was super catchy/fun, but felt her voice was a bit chipmunk-ish in parts.  

HIAM: Loved it so much, thought she sounded great on it and it was different.

Work *****: Was so underwhelmed, I was like "this is her new single?" sounded demo like to me/not very exciting. I still think it's her weakest lead! 

MM: Loved it so much, felt it was perfect/she sounded amazing and literally couldn't stop listening to it! Gave me goosebumps!

BOMT: I love it, probably a one hit wonder

OIDIA: She's done it again

IAS4U: Shitttttt just got real 

MATM: I hope the next single is better...

GM: She's Back

W: She's definitely back this time

HIAM: Not sure how I feel about this...

WB: Can't remember last time she actually sang rather than speaking with an accent...

MM: She is singing again!!

43 minutes ago, button said:

Mess OP. There's only a small gap between you asking your mom to buy you BOMT and thinking Slave is freaking hot. :quirkney:

I was 12 when BOMT was released and 15 when SLAVE was.

The release of SLAVE started my ****** awakening lol. It's a song that I feel literally changed my life and helped me embrace the feelings I had  before but couldn't quite put my finger on what they were :quirkney: 

48 minutes ago, Dirty Boy said:

I'll write it in order I heard them

OIDIA: I. AM. IN. LOVE. WITH. THIS. SONG.
BOMT: Omg this is sad version of Oops and I love it
Slave: Ew, what? (I was young, didn't like the sexyness of the song, was scared)
MATM: LOVED the fast part, thought she was the coolest person alive in this one
Gimme More: Ew, what again (Didn't like the sexyness of the song again, was young)
Womanizer: Didn't really like it
HIAM: First song I waited for as a stan and I was mind blown from the dubstep part, thought the rest of the song sounded like Take It Off by Kesha
Work *****: Had a meltdown cuz I didn't dig the style :moorangu:
Make Me... : I think I cried a little, it was my favorite lead single since OIDIA

Before people attack me (If anyone even bothered to read all of this :quirkney: ) I love all the songs, even Slave and GM now, it's just that I was young and wanted bubblegum pop from Britney.

Cool, i like your honesty :giggleney:

25 minutes ago, DownAndUp said:

BOMT: I love it, probably a one hit wonder

OIDIA: She's done it again

IAS4U: Shitttttt just got real 

MATM: I hope the next single is better...

GM: She's Back

W: She's definitely back this time

HIAM: Not sure how I feel about this...

WB: Can't remember last time she actually sang rather than speaking with an accent...

MM: She is singing again!!

:unbelievableney:

BOMT: OMFG I love this song

OIDIA: YASSS what a great comeback single!

SLAVE: This isn't pop...hmm she does sounds **** though

MATM: a duet with madonna, yay

GH:MP: Great cover!!

GM: OMFG THIS IS FANTASTIC

WOMANIZER: What a fun song! I love it!

3: WHAT A BOP sooo catchy

HIAM: HAZAY!

WB: The bridge is so fierce. the beat is cool

MM: she sounds soo much betetr than on BJ. wish the chorus was catchier. 

BOMT:  I wasn't a fan then to have some of kind of reaction but BOMT, the song and the album are midst my least favorites from her. 

OIDIA: Still not a fan here but when I first heard it I instantly fell in love it and it became a song I always enjoy singing along to, I love it.

SLAVE: I heard this song on her Gameboy game, and it was the beginning of my infatuation with Britney. Sexiest song ever. 

MATM:  :gaspney:

GH:MP:  I loved it so much I watched the video every morning before leaving for school.  And I continued this routine for at least a month, 

GM:  :meltdown:

WOMANIZER:  My initial reaction wasn't very positive due to people complaining about her voice, but the more I listened to it the more I liked it. 

3: Not my favorite but I like it better now. 

HIAM: This one also took sometime for me to like. 

WB: Same day of its release I had a huge party (over 200 hundred people, and a really good sound system.) in a place outside the city and the crowd went crazy when I played it for them. We ended up playing it 7-8 times that night. I thought it was amazing.

MM: I love how it was different and it sucked me back into Britney's world, and Glory made me stay. 

Archived